The Delgados

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jkayet said:
:yes: :hyper:
Never get anywhere without trying, right? I am SO drafting a letter to mtv...why not. What about magazines too - that would be preferable, actually. No video cameras, just frequent reports from the road. :hmm: nme, q...i guess rolling stone, as long as we'd get to choose the shows. No crap concerts for me. :mad:
Ok, now that this IS happening in my mind, I'm never going to be able to study now... :tsk:

actually, it would be kinda interesting if we went to some crap concerts too. And saw small local bands and stuff.

meegannie said:

actually, it would be kinda interesting if we went to some crap concerts too. And saw small local bands and stuff.
Definitely local bands. :)

I was thinking along the lines of 'crap' being...well...a lot of bands RS promotes. Although, true, it could be fun. :hmm: We'll just make fun of them in the reviews. :up: :)

This plan is the bestest plan ever. :D

i'm seriously have add

meegannie said:
I was thinking crap in the same way too. I think it would make for more interesting reading if we were varied.
that works. :D we have to make this happen...

idea of how to convice AOL to give us money for this - workout schedules and plans with artists / venue to let a film /recording person record the show and then we could broadcast each show on AOL music.

OMG go for it. Im far too lazy to ever make these proposals into reality but you are right. It would be the most amazing thing ever. Ill be the seeling point and gimmick! The person thrown in to draw a wider audience. The token brit if you will! ;)

One proviso and only one. I am not foced to sit through another Magnet gig! (or a re-formed Murry the Hump!)

DiGi!!! Look what the Delgados' bass player posted on their site:

"So that was Carborro then, so it was off to Washington DC, this nation?s capital and home to some of the scariest politicians on the planet. I wasn?t drunk at all after the Carborro show and my sobriety resulted in a marathon reading session throughout the entire night: bunk by 1:30am, still reading at 4:40am completely unable to sleep. Must have dozed off for a few hours, when I was awoken by the stop/start jolting of the bus, limping into DC through the morning rush hour. I?ve never been to DC before so I was curious to try and clap eyes on a monument of some sort so, first up at 8:30, I wandered down Vermont towards the White House. Finally got there about ten minutes later and I swear to God, the first thought that struck me was that I?d have to cut the grass when I got back home. Manicured is simply not hyperbolic enough o describe the lawns around the White House: they look as if they?ve actually been painted. The White House itself is much smaller than I expected: no where near as big as it looked when those aliens blew it to fuck in Independence Day. I also find it particularly amusing at the moment that the capital of the US was designed by a Frenchman and that the Statue Of Liberty was a gift from the currently frowned upon French. I gave the office a call from Pennsylvania Avenue, interrupting my conversation with Graeme when I accidentally dropped a tourist map and it went fluttering down the street - scared that the penalty for littering may be electrocution, I ran up the street after it, nearly tripping on a squirrel which was sauntering up the sidewalk at the same time. The call to Graeme unfortunately, was somewhat depressing - finding out a whole load of shit I?ve got to deal with when I get back home, so I hung the phone up battling tsunamis of anxiety and tiny waves of depression. It?s just very difficult to adjust and shift from one frame of mind to another and there?s a stack of label shenanigans going on at the moment which need addressing on our return and we?ve only got ten days before we go back out on tour again in the UK. Heaven, and all its ethereal hosts, help us.

Got to the show at the Black Cat, a club owned incidentally, by Mr Dave Grohl. Speaking of Mr Grohl, I have to say how much I?m totally loving the new Queens Of The Stone Age album. I?ve got a fucking great story about the QOTSA by the way?apparently they were touring with And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead and two shows into the tour, AYWKUBTTOD had been smashing up their gear (as per normal) after every show but had been hitting the QOTSA?s gear while they were at it. As they happened to use really expensive old amps and pedals and shit, Josh Homme had pulled one of them aside after the second show and told them under no uncertain terms, that they had to cut that shit out or there would be trouble. Needless to say, the poor souls let it rip again the following night, in flagrant breach of their gentlemens? agreement and, rather than discussing the matter any further, Josh simply went up to the lead singer and without a single word, knocked the fucker out. That, my friends, is hard as fuck.

There wasn?t much going on round about the venue, so I amused myself by drinking like a fucking Viking prior to the show. Aereogramme played another blistering set but warned us that there was a couple of chatty Scots people in the crowd. Herein lies the problem: I don?t give a single monkey?s wank whether you?re from Scotland or not - simply being Scottish in another city outwith the UK does not give you free reign to talk or converse as much shit as you like with a Scottish band onstage. I fucking detest that shit. Just because you happen to be Scottish, various ex-pats consider themselves entitled to spew endless shite with neither license nor approval from the band. As a result, we had to endure three songs worth of inter-song banter from two of the most humourless and patter-free cunts you?ve ever heard in your life. After the third song, one of the guys tossed some remark that was again, as funny as a kick in the baws, and I finally told him to ?Shut the fuck up, ya dick?. Despite a face-saving retort, the pecker kept his mouth shut for the rest of the show. A show which turned out to be one of the best of the tour so far - a happy ending then. The thing is, if I knew those people back home, I can pretty much guarantee that they?d be no friends of mine so it?s unbelievably irritating to see these people act and behave as if they?re our long lost friends from ?back home?. Fuck up ya dick, Washington?s loss is undoubtedly Scotland?s gain.

Despite all my bluster however, I ended up getting cornered into a conversation with one of the girls in question - from Dundee as it turned out and yep, you guessed it, couldn?t get a fucking word in edgeways throughout our entire conversation as the girl just blethered incessantly about fuck all. Asking what I was drinking and finding out it was Maker?s Mark, her reply was that ??aw, Maker?s Mark is fucking horrible.? I felt compelled to tell her the truth: ?See, now I know that you positively don?t have a fucking clue what you?re talking about?. An absolute arsehole.
"

:lmao:

when i first started reading this i thought it was going to say how the 2 coolest people at the show were standing front and center the entire time and surround by those two clowns

The Absent One said:
One proviso and only one. I am not foced to sit through another Magnet gig!
Did he make the audience stand up at the show you were at too so he could take a picture? :rolleyes:

That Delgados thing is SO funny! :laugh:

meegannie said:
I swear to God, the first thought that struck me was that I?d have to cut the grass when I got back home. Manicured is simply not hyperbolic enough o describe the lawns around the White House: they look as if they?ve actually been painted. "

:lmao:

No he didnt make us all stand up but he did tell us we were his favourite people and that he wanted to remember us forever!

Back
Top Bottom