The Darkness cover "Street Spirit"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Don't get me wrong. Street Spirit is a song that's very close to my heart, but The Darkness's version of it is pretty cool.

OH MY EARS! THEY'RE BLEEDING!

between john mayer & the darkness....omfc i want to kill someone.

MAKE THEM STOP!

u2popmofo sent me the file. I'm not sure where he got it. Sorry! Didn't mean to lead people on without providing a place to get the song... :eek:

i'm supposed to hate them

or something like that....

in all honestly, i think permission to land rules

but i know nothing of this cover

:wink:

Glad some of y'all like the cover. I see no reason not to buy into The Darkness. I think I'm going to pick up Permission to Land soon. Even my husband likes them, and he can be pretty picky about his music.

And thanks, yertle, for finding a place to get the song.

i hadn't listened to them because of what i'd heard, but i finally gave permission to land a listen to last night

seriously, where has that album been all my life?

i think what i like about it is similar to what i like about andrew wk :shrug:

IWasBored said:
i hadn't listened to them because of what i'd heard, but i finally gave permission to land a listen to last night

seriously, where has that album been all my life?

i think what i like about it is similar to what i like about andrew wk :shrug:
And there is, in fact, something to like about Andrew WK? :confused:

there is, in fact, a lot to like about andrew wk

nothing against you if it doesn't appeal to you, but there's a joke there. it's fun. cheesy metal-ish stuff with keyboards.

i'm not saying you've got to like AWK if you like the darkness or vice versa, but it's the same sort of thing for me.

ok, the "iron maiden", as yertle said, take on the song is kind of interesting....but his voice?? :no:

all in all, i found it frightening...

the only crap thing about the Darkness is Dan Hawkins is a Norwich City supporter...

I have no love of Andrew WK myself, I think like the Darkness he falls into the 'love or hate' camp. Read the pitchfork review of his album though - it throws all their credibility out of the window. OK, Mr Schreiber, let's get this, you're having fun and enjoying the listen but because it doesn't fit in with your pre-conceived notions of good you're going to violently repress this? for real!

no further discussions on the shiteness of pitchfork though, please, or in fact, on andrew wk. go the darkness! let's see some thumbs!

:up:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Should I be buying into this whole Darkness thing? :hmm:

They're a fun band. I just got the cd a couple days ago, and if you're not looking for serious stuff, this is a great cd. It's kind of a mix between Led Zeppelin and, say, Motley Crue or Poison, with a nice sense of humor thrown in. Definitely nothing heavy, but nice songwriting and one-of-a-kind singing (the man has RANGE).

I like em. :)

Back
Top Bottom