the Dark Knight Returns!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slapnutz

Refugee
Little late, but I haven't seen it posted by anyone else so far:

CHRISTIAN BALE CAST AS BRUCE WAYNE IN WARNER BROS. PICTURES' UPCOMING BATMAN MOVIE DIRECTED BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

BURBANK, CA, 11 September 2003 ? Christian Bale has been cast in the starring role of Bruce Wayne in Warner Bros. Pictures' upcoming Batman movie, to be directed by Christopher Nolan and produced by Emma Thomas. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of production for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Principal photography on the film is expected to begin in early 2004. The movie is written by David Goyer and Nolan, and will follow the early career of The Dark Knight.

Said Nolan, "What I see in Christian is the ultimate embodiment of Bruce Wayne. He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we were looking for."

Robinov stated, "Now that we've found the best person to play Batman, we are really looking forward to moving ahead with the rest of our casting, and are excited about the exceptional group we are assembling."

Bale, who first drew critical attention for his starring role in "Empire of the Sun," has starred in such diverse motion pictures as "Little Women," "Portrait of a Lady," "Metroland," "American Psycho" and "Laurel Canyon."

---

Being a huge fan of the two Tim Burton/Michael Keaton Batman films I have to say I'm delighted at this news. Nolan is an exceptional filmmaker and Bale very comfortable at playing psychotic characters a la Keaton, but has a more suitable physique for the role as an added bonus. If they pull this off, I'll almost forgive Warner Bros. for those campy monstrosities that were Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. Almost.

1-1.jpg

1-5.jpg

1-4.jpg

and one for

MissVelvetDress

1-8.jpg

ooh la la

but yeah...he looks mysterious and dark enough to pull off batman

I mean..for God's sake! George Clooney pulled it off!

Clooney was awful. He had no understanding what so ever of the character. What movie were you watching Basstrap? :eyebrow:
Kilmer wasnt much better. They never even changed the tone of their voices when suited up. Then there's Schumacher. I guess he's the one to really blame for the demise of the last franchise. He turned a gothic setting into tokyo with flashing neon signs, got rid of the macabre and black humour and lightend it up until it was something resembling a macdonalds advert. Keaton was the man. He hardly spoke and when he did it was barely above a whisper. And those eyes. He could cut holes through people. No wonder he turned down $35 million to star in the third one.

Slapnutz said:
Clooney was awful. He had no understanding what so ever of the character. What movie were you watching Basstrap?

I believe the tone and expression I used cleary indicated I did not enjoy Clooney's performance

i think bale is damn fine choice. he took a part in one of my all time favorite novels ( american psycho) and ended up becoming the one thing that saved that movie.

nolan + bale = pretty good odds for a decent flick.

Back
Top Bottom