The Da Vinci Code trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The trailer looks very good. It will be interesting to see if the whole movie is good. I hope so, I enjoyed reading the book.

I'm honored to be replying after the almost famous bammo2. :wink:

Now I will be thinking of you when I see those parts of the film.

thank you! I just called for my mom in to see the trailer. The opener is just shy of her birthday. She *really*really* wants to see this! :)

is it me?

or does Tom Hanks in the trailer look startlingly similar to Larry? :ohmy:

National Treasure was almost an American version of what I thought this would be. But anyway, I hope this does what the book failed which was to seperate and specify what is factual and academic, and what is theory and well, gossip.

But then, all that is taking the anal approach and not letting it just be a movie which can be enjoyed, and it's one I really do want to see as well.
:up:

When I was in Paris this summer we had to change our schedule because Tom Hanks was at the Louvre shooting for the movie when we were supposed to be there, so we went the day before and saw the Mona Lisa. Needless to say I cannot wait for this movie :hyper:

I reckon they movie'll be okay, but to be honest the book wasn't that great. It was entertaining, but of all the Dan Brown books I've read, it's the worst.

I think Deception Point would make a much better movie, and anyway, shouldn't they make Angels and Demons first?

U2democrat said:
When I was in Paris this summer we had to change our schedule because Tom Hanks was at the Louvre shooting for the movie when we were supposed to be there, so we went the day before and saw the Mona Lisa. Needless to say I cannot wait for this movie :hyper:

:hyper: - Wow U2 Democrat:up:

I liked the book - not the best piece of literature ever, but entertaining non the less.

I look forward to the film:up:

Angela Harlem said:
National Treasure was almost an American version of what I thought this would be. But anyway, I hope this does what the book failed which was to seperate and specify what is factual and academic, and what is theory and well, gossip.

But then, all that is taking the anal approach and not letting it just be a movie which can be enjoyed, and it's one I really do want to see as well.
:up:

That's why I hated the book as well (plus how badly it was written). I think if they had originally made it a movie I would have liked it better, it wouldn't have had that smack of psudeo-academia.

I wonder if Quicktime 7 will work on my computer so I can watch it. I'll see it because I like the cast.

Speaking of Father Ted, will priests be picketing the movie? "Down with this sort of thing!"
:wink:

It's a snap to upgrade to QuickTime Pro. You simply purchase an electronic key (i.e., registration code or serial number) that gives you access to additional capabilities.

is this thread a marketing device for QT pro?

It slightly annoys me that this is an Apple thing.

I love Apple but my company doesn't so now I have to download QuickTime and iTunes to watch this and then uninstall.

And I don't want to hear anyone say, "Just watch it when you get home". I work 100+ hours a week.

And, yes, that makes me crabby.

:angry:

Total U2 Nut said:
I reckon they movie'll be okay, but to be honest the book wasn't that great. It was entertaining, but of all the Dan Brown books I've read, it's the worst.

I think Deception Point would make a much better movie, and anyway, shouldn't they make Angels and Demons first?

I always thought Angels and Demons blew all of his other books out the window. The mystery, the action, the suspense... It was one of the first books I read by him.

I didn't actualy like the trailer. I'm finishing Angels and Demons and can't wait to read Da Vinci Code but the trailer is just a totaly "turn off". Tom Hanks is so much NOT like Robert :| Only we will know if it's worthing it when it will appear on the big screen.

Angela Harlem said:
I hope this does what the book failed which was to seperate and specify what is factual and academic, and what is theory and well, gossip.
I hope the movie does what the book failed to do - have good writing :wink:

I got tired of Dan Brown's chapters being the length equivilent of the male orgasm and always ending with "and then they saw what was revealed / they crept around the corner / suddenly ......."

EDIT: I did enjoy Da Vinci but I wasn't bound to it with the invisible spell so many readers are under. It went right on top of the pile of forgettable Tom Clancy / Clive Cussler stuff after I was done.

Last edited:
Did anyone see the commercial on TV for the movie? I saw it last night - I think it was during the Olympics. I need to read the book again to get reacquainted - it seems like it's been about 2 years ago since I read it... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom