The *cool* Nobel award winners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
There's a patent on the combover?!? :eyebrow:

Also, for proving the 5-second rule is really true:

"...The Ig Nobel in public health went to Jillian Clarke her for investigation into the "five-second rule," which says that food dropped on the floor is safe to eat as long as it's picked up within five seconds.

Her research showed many floors had surprisingly little bacteria. The conclusion: If the floor is clean, it's safe to eat what's dropped on it, even after five seconds. Abrahams said Clarke's research also studied how the sexes reacted to dropped food.

"A lot more women than men will pick up food from the floor and eat it when they dropped it," Abrahams said. "That's unexpected..."

:hmm:

"...The medicine prize went to Steven Stack of Wayne State University and James Gundlach of Auburn University, for their 1992 report, "The Effect of Country Music on Suicide." The research of 49 metropolitan areas concluded "that the greater the airtime devoted to country music, the greater the white suicide rate." ....."

I'm sorry, but :lmao:

bonosloveslave said:
I'm really surprised that women are more likely to still eat stuff than men :scratch:

Yeah me too :hmm:

The research of 49 metropolitan areas concluded "that the greater the airtime devoted to country music, the greater the white suicide rate."

This however, doesn't surprise me at all. :wink:

smooshcat said:
"...The medicine prize went to Steven Stack of Wayne State University and James Gundlach of Auburn University, for their 1992 report, "The Effect of Country Music on Suicide." The research of 49 metropolitan areas concluded "that the greater the airtime devoted to country music, the greater the white suicide rate." ....."

I'm sorry, but :lmao:

Well, when I hear country music I feel like blowing my brains out too!

And I love the 5 second rule too, but the damned dog always gets there first! :madspit: :D

Back
Top Bottom