The Constant Gardener

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fernando Meirelles (I think I butchered his last name) :drool:

City of God :drool:

This is a great movie!

I went to a late show last night... I was riveted. This is a great story, incredible script, and Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz are just so wonderful in their roles.

Not to mention the absolutely beautiful cinematography... :heart: Africa :heart: and the extremely relevant theme.

I would definitely recommend this film :up: :up:

I thought it was good, especially the points it made about pharma companies and Africa. This quote I remember..I probably don't have it right word for word (when they were talking about the TB drug trials)

"there are no murders in Africa, only regrettable deaths"

The cinematography is beautiful

sorry to say but I don't think it will do well at the box office, some people don't seem to have the patience for/interest in a movie like that. I went to a late afternoon matinee yesterday and at least four people walked out early on. I guess they didn't realize what kind of movie it is :huh:

It's based on a book by John Le Carre

MrsSpringsteen said:

sorry to say but I don't think it will do well at the box office, some people don't seem to have the patience for/interest in a movie like that. I went to a late afternoon matinee yesterday and at least four people walked out early on. I guess they didn't realize what kind of movie it is :huh:

I agree, unfortunately. It's not a "summer blockbuster" or anything like that... I think most people will find it too heavy :(

It's based on a book by John Le Carre

:up:

I just picked this up from the bookstore yesterday... can't wait to read it. When movies based on books have intrigued me, I generally want to read the book to find out more about the characters I liked so much :yes:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I thought it was good, especially the points it made about pharma companies and Africa. This quote I remember..I probably don't have it right word for word (when they were talking about the TB drug trials)

"there are no murders in Africa, only regrettable deaths"

The cinematography is beautiful

sorry to say but I don't think it will do well at the box office, some people don't seem to have the patience for/interest in a movie like that.

i pretty much agree

my theater on a Sat night was full

average age about 60

death at the boxoffice

enjoyed this director''s first film

City of God

much more

Back
Top Bottom