The Coldplay hate has got to stop... for the good of this forum!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also like how Coldplay doesn't charge me 50 dollars a year to be a member on their site.

bsp77 said:

I am a big Coldplay fan, but I must say that there are a bunch of ignorant, naive morons at that site.

You could say that Chris Martin murdered Will Champion and replaced him with a clone, and some of them will believe you.

well I only go to coldplaying.com to read info about the tour. I do not look at the other parts of the site, I can only imagine there are morons there too.

MVD, did you see the link to "The World Turned Upside Down" that I posted a page back? It's worth getting if you don't have it

hvljfvhblvbdfslvdbsljsb

that sucks

I'll redo it cause I know you'll appreciate it

This quickly became the "upload Coldplay rarities" thread :wink:

i heard that song in concert couple years back, back then it was an exact ripoff Edge's I Will Follow guitar, no joke either.

anywho, my favorite coldplay song is Amsterdam:drool: i listened to it yesterday after a long time of not playing coldplay at all

thanks to impy13 yesterday and his overall coldplayness

Coldplay have revealed their current album "X&Y" marks the end of the first phase of their career.

Chris Martin told Xfm that the band have been working on new material whilst on tour, and plan to move away from their current sound. Chris explained: "We're always working on new material. We've got no laurels to rest on. We're still looking for our laurels in my opinion. We've everything to prove and we've finished phase one of Coldplay and now we're going to enter phase two, which could be the Abba phase or it could be the transvestite phase. Who knows? But it'll definitely be good."

Guitarist Jonny Buckland added: "We want to do something different. We don't want to keep doing the same thing all the time."

Chris Martin also revealed that that the new songs the band have written are more stripped-down than the material on their first three albums. It's not a reaction against anything as much as an evolvement," he explained. "But the new record's going to blow your socks off. Or tights, depending on what you're wearing."

Aww shucks, here's another one guys.

http://s39.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=0B6R7B5KMRNT71LN3WS48VJ3MG

1.36 :drool:

elevation2u said:
i heard that song in concert couple years back, back then it was an exact ripoff Edge's I Will Follow guitar, no joke either.

I've got it, it's changed a lot. I also don't hear the IWF riff at all...

http://s38.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=23GHHJ9STU0FA3IORUL7U60Q8M

This is "Your World Turned Upside Down" a track that was only played live a few times and doesn't appear on any studio recordings. It may or may not have stemmed "The World Turned Upside Down." They sound nothing alike :huh: but the title is remarkably similar, so who knows.

Last edited:
Okay these links are killing me, I don't know what the deal is.

If they go and re-invent themselves successfully, I'd probably gain respect for them

inmyplace13 said:

I've got it, it's changed a lot. I also don't hear the IWF riff at all...

http://s38.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=23GHHJ9STU0FA3IORUL7U60Q8M

This is "Your World Turned Upside Down" a track that was only played live a few times and doesn't appear on any studio recordings. It may or may not have stemmed "The World Turned Upside Down." They sound nothing alike :huh: but the title is remarkably similar, so who knows.

so what song did I previously download?

You previously download a Fix You B-Sides called The World Turned Upside Down

'Amsterdam' and 'Warning Sign' were definitely the highlights for me on 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head'.

I also love 'Proof'. It may even be my favourite song by them. I can't believe it didn't make the album. There are a quite a few songs on 'X & Y' which I always skip (The Hardest Part, mostly). I really think it deserved a place on there.

Last edited:
before you all throw things at me and accuse me of trolling, listen to everything i have to say first. :wink:

i don't like coldplay. however, i don't think i've ever, or very rarely, expressed my opinion and i've certainly never started threads about it or anything that extreme. i certainly agree with the points brought up in the op. i don't think any bashing threads are good in this forum only because it promotes negative talk rather than positive, and can prevent fans of that particular artist from wanting to contribute in this forum.

so yeah, while i may not own parachutes or anything else, you'll also never see me going "lol appel iz a stoopid naem!" either. i'd just rather talk about artists i like. i feel the same way about anti-artist sites. but maybe that one is just me. but websites, threads, i would never focus so much effort and energy on something i hated. i'd rather focus on things i loved. :D

KhanadaRhodes said:
before you all throw things at me and accuse me of trolling, listen to everything i have to say first. :wink:

i don't like coldplay. however, i don't think i've ever, or very rarely, expressed my opinion and i've certainly never started threads about it or anything that extreme. i certainly agree with the points brought up in the op. i don't think any bashing threads are good in this forum only because it promotes negative talk rather than positive, and can prevent fans of that particular artist from wanting to contribute in this forum.

so yeah, while i may not own parachutes or anything else, you'll also never see me going "lol appel iz a stoopid naem!" either. i'd just rather talk about artists i like. i feel the same way about anti-artist sites. but maybe that one is just me. but websites, threads, i would never focus so much effort and energy on something i hated. i'd rather focus on things i loved. :D

I wish I could have as much restraint as you, Khanada. :( I'm just itching to post my favourite .GIF in the whole wide world...

beau2ifulday said:
'Amsterdam' and 'Warning Sign' were definitely the highlights for me on 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head'.

I also love 'Proof'. It may even be my favourite song by them. I can't believe it didn't make the album. There are a quite a few songs on 'X & Y' which I always skip (The Hardest Part, mostly). I really think it deserved a place on there.

It took some time for me to warm up to X&Y. I am also not big on The Hardest Part and also skip it. Warning Sign, Amsterdam and Green Eyes are my top favs off of A Rush of Blood To The Head.

Just to further address the hate towards Coldplay. I am not sure I understand why people have to continue to destroy a thread because of simple dislike, anger and hate towards this band. If you don't like them, then don't open the damn thread. Yeah captain obvious showing up for duty here. Show some maturity and move on and let those who actually enjoy their music share something positive about it. We already know you can't stand the band and do not need to read the same bitching and moaning posts over and over. It becomes a bunch of unoriginal :blahblah:ing (And yes I realize this is how most of you feel about Coldplay).

Last edited:
where6mu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom