The Clash RULE!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw London Calling once...it's not that well shot but it was not a bad performance clip. I was watching late night MTV and then suddenly I heard this riff and I thought, hey I know this one...OMG it's London Calling!

i rented "rude boy" once...had to watch it with next to no sound cos everyone was sleeping...that sucked...

the movie didn't suck, it was the fact that i couldn't hear that did

www.nme.com has info that a The Clash Best of 2 cd set is coming out soooooon!!! Woo hoo. Go to that site and you can see the track listing.

March 10 according to the site, which means March 11 here, same day as AFI - Sing the Sorrow. Good day for cd's.

Last edited:
yes march 11th is turning out to be a good day for cds...

cos you've also got the new u.s. bombs album then too

CD1

'White Riot'
'1977'
'London's Burning'
'Complete Control'
'Clash City Rockers'
'I'm So Bored With The USA'
'Career Opportunities'
'Hate And War'
'Cheat'
'Police & Thieves'
'Janie Jones'
'Garageland'
'Capital Radio'
'(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais'
'English Civil War'
'Tommy Gun'
'Safe European Home'
'Julie's Been Working For The Drug Squad'
'Stay Free'
'Groovy Times'
'I Fought The Law'
CD2

'London Calling'
'Guns Of Brixton'
'Clampdown'
'Rudie Cant Fail'
'Lost In The Supermarket'
'Jimmy Jazz'
'Train In Vain'
'Bankrobber'
'Magnificent Seven'
'Ivan Meets GI Joe'
'Stop The World'
'Somebody Got Murdered'
'Street Parade'
'Broadway'
'Radio Clash'
'Ghetto Defendant'
'Rock The Casbah'
'Straight To Hell'
'Should I Stay Or Should I Go'
'This Is England'

i don't think i'll be buying it because i have one or more versions of each of those songs on a cd or a record already...

but what is "street parade"? why does that title not sound familiar...

I have no idea. there's quite a few songs on there I dont have. so I'll be purchasing it.

i'm really glad to see "groovy times" is on there

*goes to find out what "street parade" is*

i've managed to beat kazaa into submission, so i'm downloading "street parade" now...in a little while i'll hear either a song i know and can't beleive i forgot about, a song i've never heard, or something that's not the clash at all cos kazaa messed up...

and videos...rock the casbah...

Videos huh? I forgot to tell you, I got like 3 AFI videos from my roommate. Days of the Phoenix, Third Season, and Total Immortal. Pretty cool.

well, one video...

the computer tech cops might come and get me for downloading too much stuff...they warn you about that...

"street parade" is on something i own: sandinista

*makes a note to listen to that album more so this won't happen again*

That's ok, the other day I did the same thing with REM. I read about the same song in 2 different places and thought it must be new. It was a 10 yr old song.

i hate mixing up albums titles, song titles, and stuff...if i spend so much time listening to music that i should KNOW what i'm talking about :mad:

I'm pulling more music videos off of my roommates computer as we speak. Bouncing Souls performing Hopeless Romantic Live!!! he also has Gone by Bouncing Souls.

just watched the video for rock the casbah...that was funny!

the armadillo :shrug:

i think i'm going to have to go watch my "westway to the world" dvd now...

yeah and although i could see a lot of non-clash fans thinking joe strummer looks utterly rediculous the way he's waving his arms around, i thought he managed to look cool

ok, maybe they did look a little goofy...

at the campus radio station we've actually got every clash album on cd, including both us and uk versions of the self titled one

and black market clash, too

it's great, one of the few bands where they've got all the albums...as far as u2 goes, there's achtung on cd, and then boy, october and rattle and hum on vinyl...someone stole ATYCLB

This only solidifies my opinion that EVERY U2 fan should own London Calling, or some type of Greatest Hits collection of The Clash.

i thought they had to own london calling AND some type of greatest hits

yeah, they've got to have two...cos you can't dney the greatness of stuff that's not on london calling, even if london calling is one of the best albums ever recorded by any band ever

there's a band called the pelicans with an album called "london crawling"...i don't know why...i can ask the guy when he emails me back about sending their cd to the radio station

Yeah, why not. Everyone should own both. They owe it to themselves. I wonder how many people in this forum own Avril Lavine or Creed, but no The Clash. Probably a lot. That's really sad.

Back
Top Bottom