the CLASH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemon-aide

Babyface
What is the best Clash album?
I've got Combat Rock and The Essential. What's the next move? I'm thinking London Calling or The Clash.

I have a funny story about "London Calling"...
I have a habit (I guess you would say) of listening to it the day after going to the pub. I somehow always take it with me in the car on the drive to work. Sometimes I'm burping and it tastes like beer (OK, I should have put a warining on this reply) and it makes me think of "Rudie Can't Fail" and the line about "drinking brew for breakfast". So then I have to skip ahead to that track and listen to it several times.
I know...I'm special.

well...

london calling is the best album ever recorded by any band

the self-titled album is usually my favorite though, but give em enough rope is severly underrated.

i love sandinista, but i'm one of the many who susbcribe to the theory that it really is a bit too long.

the bottom line: you can't go wrong because you already own the "worst" one ("worst" is a relative term when speaking of the clash, of course :wink: )

i suggest you also take a look at the joe strummer & the mescaleros albums. streetcore is the best, but again, you can't go wrong...and some big audio dynamite is really good.

Back
Top Bottom