The Celebrity Apprentice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
Did anyone else catch the season premiere of The Celebrity Apprentice?

Gene Simmons seems to be the biggest publicity whore in the world recently - however as long as KISS keep rocking I don't care too much.

Anyhow - Omorosa is as annoying as ever - however I can't wait until something really doesn't go her way again and she feigns another injury. Did they even show Nadia Comeneci at all? I love the fact that Donald Trump is still plying his 'hard arse firing' schtick.

I must say I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would.

Perhaps I'll file this one under 'guilty pleasure'.

I am embarrassed to admit I watched this last night. Actually there was nothing else on at 9pm and I was multi tasking as the show was on. I am sickened by Omorosa, even more so that the Producers would put her on this show. She is such a BITCH. I couldn't believe how she spoke to her team-mates especially to Marilu Henner who early on spoke up about using their Celebrity to bring in big money donations for hot dogs. Omorosa didn't want to cash in on their Celebrity. Ummmmm......isn't that what this show is all about? Not so sure how the rest of the season is going to go or who will end up in the end still standing. On the flip side, it's great they WILL raise so much money for the selective charities.

Thats the thing - the money all goes to charity (though I hate to say this but how legit is it for a "celebrity" to donate to a family charity likje Stephen Baldwin did??) so it is a good idea. Just think if they pulled nearly $70,000 in one day, you could guestimate a million or so could be raised by the shows end. I also have read that Trump will make a donation to the overall winner's charity as well.

Omorosa is appalling - but it is also obvious the producers are showing her at her worst moments. Someone can't be that ignorant and annoying 24/7 - surely?

And good old Gene Simmons - he seems so dignified and aloof in the first episode - its hilarious. KISS are playing the Melbourne Grand Prix this year - I may just have to take a long a "YOU'RE FIRED, GENE" sign!!

haha being a kiss fan its such a pleasure to watch gene make an ass out of himself, but still be able to kick so much ass on the show...

genius.. :lol:

thatsnotmypuppy said:
Thats the thing - the money all goes to charity (though I hate to say this but how legit is it for a "celebrity" to donate to a family charity likje Stephen Baldwin did??) so it is a good idea. Just think if they pulled nearly $70,000 in one day, you could guestimate a million or so could be raised by the shows end. I also have read that Trump will make a donation to the overall winner's charity as well.

Omorosa is appalling - but it is also obvious the producers are showing her at her worst moments. Someone can't be that ignorant and annoying 24/7 - surely?

And good old Gene Simmons - he seems so dignified and aloof in the first episode - its hilarious. KISS are playing the Melbourne Grand Prix this year - I may just have to take a long a "YOU'RE FIRED, GENE" sign!!

:hi5:

I've watched every season of The Apprentice, but I really though that last season in L.A. with the tents sucked. :down: I was hoping for a return to original form, so I was bummed to hear it was going to be a celebrity gimmick (at least it's for charity though). Still, I figured I'd give it a try. I gotta say, it was more entertaining than I thought it would be...but I still wish we'd gotten a season in the original format.

I admit to watching this. Hey, with the writer's strike, there's not a lot of options right now!

Anyway, it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be either. Omarosa is such a fucking bitch and she knows it! That's her only gimmick. I think she should have been fired, but the Donald is keeping her around for drama, cuz he thinks it will be better for ratings. I can't lie... she is more entertaining to watch than that no-name Playboy chic.

Gene Simmons cracks me up. I think he'll be fun to watch! Big Pussy seems to be a loud mouth already. He's gonna butt heads with people. But the worst is that english dude Piers something... Ugh! That dude is on my last nerve!

Did anyone else notice that Ivanka's boobs are HUGE?? I actually didn't notice until my hubby pointed it out (go figure:rolleyes: ) Those have to be new!

thatsnotmypuppy said:
Thats the thing - the money all goes to charity (though I hate to say this but how legit is it for a "celebrity" to donate to a family charity likje Stephen Baldwin did??)
The Baldwin charity is a very legit charity: http://www.findacure.org/
Its a charity for breast cancer research named in honor of their mother who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1990, the 4 brothers have been active for years with it, running an annual golf tournament amongst many other fundraisers. If you read some of the site, you'll see that since 1996 the fund has donated $2.35 million for research grants for breast cancer. Stephen Baldwin may be a bit of a clown, but his dedication to this cause and its legitimacy are unquestionable.

I was pleased with the Baldwin's choice of charity. Any organization that collects money has to be registered somehow to make them "legit" or non profit or something, don't they?

for an organization to be a non-profit they have to apply for and recieve non-profit status from the IRS, commomly called a 501(c)3. While non-profit designations range all the way to 14 I believe a general term is 501(c)3. If an organization has this status they are "tax exempt" and donations to them are considered to be tax write offs by contributors. I'm bet the Donald made sure the charities were legit.

It was so obvious that Donald wanted Gene to take in Nelly so that Nelly could be fired. Let's face it...most people know who Gene is, he is a big draw to get people to watch. Donald would have much rather kept Gene around, and Nelly had a perfect reason for getting fired.

Bonochick said:
It was so obvious that Donald wanted Gene to take in Nelly so that Nelly could be fired. Let's face it...most people know who Gene is, he is a big draw to get people to watch. Donald would have much rather kept Gene around, and Nelly had a perfect reason for getting fired.
I didn't watch last night, but I'm glad Nely got fired simply because her plastic surgery disturbed me.

Bonochick said:
I said to the Mrs. that I had no further reason to watch the show when Gene got canned, the rest of the bunch really aren't that interesting.

^I agree. I bet he felt the show was going nowhere and wasn't going to do anything for him, his career or his pocketbook so he wanted to get out quick. I thought it was gonna happen when he obviously dissed Ivanka (the bitch deserves it, what a snobby hard ass she is). Maybe something better developed for Gene while he was filming Apprentice and that's why he ditched them? That's the way I think of it. I miss his reality show, I love his kids and his house.

I think taking gene off was the stupidest thing ever.

Because not only for the show because gene is a mass marketing genius, that out of everyone on that show, gene has the biggest fan base that i can tell u right now religiously watches genes every move on tv.

VintagePunk said:
It was so obvious what was going to happen that I wondered if Gene wanted to go. Gene may be arrogant with an ego the size of the universe, but he's not stupid.
I had the same thought.

I saw Gene on Kimmel the other night and although he did not say it outright, I got the impression that he wanted out almost like he regretted having done the show. He is an extremely intelligent man, and extremely successful in the business world. He's got a lot going on all the time and didn't really need to be tied down to the show, it wasn't doing anything for him in fact it could have damaged his reputation. I am personally glad he "opted" out so soon. Aside from money going to charities it's a pointless show IMO.

I can't wait for Gene Simmon's show to begin airing season 3 around March which is what he said. AND KISS goes back on tour again.

Carek1230 said:
I saw Gene on Kimmel the other night and although he did not say it outright, I got the impression that he wanted out almost like he regretted having done the show. He is an extremely intelligent man, and extremely successful in the business world. He's got a lot going on all the time and didn't really need to be tied down to the show, it wasn't doing anything for him in fact it could have damaged his reputation. I am personally glad he "opted" out so soon. Aside from money going to charities it's a pointless show IMO.

I can't wait for Gene Simmon's show to begin airing season 3 around March which is what he said. AND KISS goes back on tour again.

World Tour 2008

hopefully frehley is involved :)

Wow.

Fascinating episode.

I would've fired Pierce on the grounds that he was acting like a total asshole, he wasn't taking proper responsibility for his actions(in starting the whole thing), and that two of the three independent teammates wanted him out over Vinnie.

The whole Vinnie thing was hysterical at first, but then it was kind of getting annoying...especially when I realized a few minutes after 10:00 that this episode was being dragged out for 2 hours. :angry:

^Exactly. 2 hours was a bit much. The whole thing was pretty childish and it cost Vinnie his spot on the show. Although, i think the women probably would have won anyway.

But yeah, Piers is an idiot. I haven't liked him since the first episode. I even like Omarosa better than him!

I did think the ending was kinda funny though. As soon as they started playing Journey, i knew how it was gonna end. :wink:

This is totally rigged.

Donald was looking for any reason in the world not to fire Omerosa. That is why Nelly was fired. Nelly didn't do much of anything either way this week.

Donald simply didn't want to lose Omerosa yet.

Back
Top Bottom