The Canucks Vs. The Wild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scientist Christina: "We played the Blues too long ago to be currently suffering from any viruses contracted from them during series 1."

:wave: Carry on.

Last edited:
Minnesota Wild colors are Forest Green, Iron Range Red and Wheat Harvest Gold. They have nothing to do with Christmas. :shrug: :shifty:

They stunk on Tuesday night. A High School Team could have played better. They better show up tonight...or else. :mad:

Angel said:
Scientist Christina: "We played the Blues too long ago to be currently suffering from any viruses contracted from them during series 1."

:wave: Carry on.
Yes, but they were suffering the symptoms in game 2 in Vancouver. That was only 5 days after game 7 with the Blues. Regardles, it doesn't matter who they got it from. I just hope the worst of it is over, which I believe it is.

Lemon Meringue said:
They stunk on Tuesday night. A High School Team could have played better. They better show up tonight...or else. :mad:

me and my neighborhood friends coulda done better on the local lake.

not that we have lakes or play hockey in minnesota. :|

i can't believe we let such goals happen....seriously manny got careless there for a bit, that tieing goal shouldn't have happened.

siren.gif

seeking all game stealers.....that's you vancouver.

:mad:

you mean the one in overtime? thats not even the refs fault, its in the rule book. if you cut someone with your stick, and draw blood its an automatic 4 minute penalty, or a five minute misconduct.

Zoom - he shouldn't be complaining about the refs anyway :wink: Some of the calls were phantom for both teams. Late in the 3rd period Bertuzzi throws a perfectly legal body check on Mitchell. If Mitchell isn't injured on the play, there is no penalty. That was a garbage call. Bertuzzi could breathe on a flee and he would be sent to the box. It's getting ridiculous. But that's why they called the Wild player 45 seconds later for doing absolutely nothing as well. It was a "Revlon" call (or make-up call). What an embarrassment. Anyway, as for the call in OT, that was a good one. Bertuzzi was cut to the point of bleeding. You're right, it's in the rule book, and it has to be called. Careless play on the Wild's part.

The Canucks do have a strangle hold on the series now, but remember, Colorado was in the same exact position. The Canucks have to seek and destroy in game 5 and put this series to rest.

Man, if I were a Wild fan I'd be pissed. The Canucks have stolen two games now. The Wild could just as easily be leading this series 3-1. That said, it's nice that people now know how much character the Canucks have. They never give up, and no matter what, are never quite dead, no matter how much time is left. They always believe in themselves, and that's what keeps me interested at the end of the day.

no...chizip wasn't talking about the blood drawing penalty he was talking about one much earlier.

and i'm not talking about that penalty either.

i'm talking about bertuzzi blocking the net at the end.

:mad: bertuzzi :mad:

The NHL get no F#*&ing respect!

I could not find the game on National Television last night - locally here in Illinois, we had the damn Devils V. Tampa game (which I fell asleep to in the second OT). SOOOO, I did not get to see ANY of the game.

Having the contract for NHL AND NBA playoff games does not work for ESPN. ONE OR THE OTHER DIRTBAGS. Dumb mouse.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

And, Mr. Stranglehold grifdawg - remember, Vancouver was down 3-1 against St. Louis too.....WATCH OUT! :sexywink:

zonelistener said:
And, Mr. Stranglehold grifdawg - remember, Vancouver was down 3-1 against St. Louis too.....WATCH OUT! :sexywink:

As you can see by the following, I already covered that, and I agreed with you (see the bold type) :sexywink:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
The Canucks do have a strangle hold on the series now, but remember, Colorado was in the same exact position.

Last edited:
So I just heard that Ed Jovanovski has now tied Paul Coffey's record for consecutive games with a goal scored by a defenceman. 6 games is the record, which he now shares. That's truly remarkable considering the following: 1) how different the style of play is now than it was in the 80s; 2) how great those Oilers teams were; 3) that Jovo has been able to do it on the Canucks, which, as good as they've been, just aren't a hall of fame team and anywhere close to how the Oil were. He doesn't have near the talent to work with as Coffey had. Jovo is definitely earning his $5 million per season!

The guy is playing out of his mind right now. He's a defenceman who has all the skills of a star forward. He's scored many of his goals from right in front of the net, like Coffey used to do. When he makes mistakes or coughs up the puck at the offensive blue line, he almost always recovers (except for last night that is!) because he's got speed to burn. If the playoffs ended last night, he'd probably win MVP of the playoffs. It's nice to have two great defencemen who feed off each other in Ohlund and Jovo. People say the Canucks are a one line team, but they forget that the defense is like a 5th offensive line.

Last edited:
zonelistener said:
The NHL get no F#*&ing respect!

fox sportsnet carried the game. if you were in another team's area, that's your fault :D

at least south dakota, north dakota, iowa, nebraska, wyoming, and missouri all don't have hockey teams.

Lilly said:
at least south dakota, north dakota, iowa, nebraska, wyoming, and missouri all don't have hockey teams.

NHL teams....oh, and you forgot the Blues in St. Louis, Missourri.

Yeah - we get Fox Sports Chicago - I think the worthless Sox were playing.

Oh, not that it really matters, but I forgot to add that Jovo tied the *playoff* record for consecutive games with a goal, not counting regular season. I have no idea what the regular season record is.

So, looks like Ottawa is doing quite nicely again. They lambasted Philly 5-2. I say lambasted because they could have won by 10-2, no exageration. They manhandled them in every aspect of the game. Shorthanded, even strength, powerplay, etc. It was great. Hopefully my master plan will still fall into place afterall, knock on wood.

Oh, and how about those Ducks, hey Chizip? They got roasted this afternoon 4-1. I would like the Ducks to win the series, hopefully in 7 games, but it won't be easy against Dallas. The Ducks are very beatable if they aren't taken lightly.

So freakin arrogant...

Chizip said:
missouri doesnt have a hockey team?? :mad:

aren't they just for st. louis though?

that means the western side wouldn't necessarily get to see it if kansas had a team.

:mad: i know about the damn blues :mad:

Kansas City (Mo.) used to have a team - but they moved - and that was long before Fox Sports was even dreamed of (cable TV real early days).

Today, I believe they exsist as the New Jersey Devils (with a stint in Denver as the Colorado Rockies).

The Wild game was probably just a regional broadcast anyway.

Game day!!! The Canucks are back home now, and we're all anxiously awaiting for the drop of the puck at 7:30 pm Pacific time! This game I guess could go either way, but I really feel the Canucks will resist everything the Wild throw at them, and will come out on top. Both coaches have had 2 days to plan for this game, and the tactics must be just flying through their minds. Do the Canucks try and frustrate the Wild until the Canucks score first, since the Wild will be desperate? Or do they throw everything at the Wild as well, like they did in game 7 against the Blues? This is a tough call, but we'll see tonight!

Last edited:
I am going to watch this game with my parents... I am a little nervous as they lost last time I watched with my parents..... :crack:

I feel a victory coming on though, and a good long rest. :sexywink:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!

Angel said:
I am going to watch this game with my parents... I am a little nervous as they lost last time I watched with my parents..... :crack:

I feel a victory coming on though, and a good long rest. :sexywink:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!
Pray tell: *why* are you going to watch it at your parents place if they lost last time there??? Angel, please consider watching it somewhere else. Please!!! If they lose, and you watched it at your parents place, you'll never hear the end of it!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom