The Canucks Vs. The Wild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3374%3A36%3B23232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A5%3D884%3Dxroqdf%3E2323392%3A8%3A689ot1lsi

:wave:

:shrug: Show me a pic of Keith Carney.... I dunno? But Todd :drool: Sorry, but, uhm... oh gawd........

Michael Griffiths said:
Wow, Zonelistener, you guys sound even more fanatical than Canadians!

I wouldn't go that far - but it is pretty amazing.

We have pee wee, midgets, bantams and juniors and the like too - but it seems like kids get more exposure play H.S. hockey here. Sometimes they will skip H.S. for Juniord teams to get better college and pro exposure.

speaking of "youth" in hockey - I am kinda bummed that Lemaire isn't playing superstar Canadian Pierre-Marc Bouchard (he was the star of the Canadian under-18 Juniors Championship team in 2002 - I was in Toronto during the series). From the looks of it - he is going to be one hell of a player - good draft pick for the Wild.

I have to tell you (not that you don't know), but the Wild have a great future ahead of them. With Gaborik and some of the young guys and your prospects, this team may end up quite great in the next year, or two or three years. Gaborik *will* be a superstar. I think he's playing the best hockey of his life in these playoffs, and now he's well on his way to being--along with Danny Heatly--the next great player. Nice to see you guys in Minnesota getting your just deserts afterall!

Michael Griffiths said:
I've heard he likes tongue rings. Or maybe it was that he wears one? I can't remember. :yuck: :laugh: :lmao:
ahhh! HAHAHAH SO FUNNY!!! :madspit: not at all.

I should add one thing though: do something about those uniforms!
:yes: They are= :barf:

:reject: no not really... but I think you should go look in your Playoff predictions thread. :uhoh: :angel:

:angry: You are so off base on this one Zoney! The Canucks current uniform is quite honestly one of the nicest in the League! The Wilds are hideous! Their away uniforms are putrid. Dark green and red? Can we say HO HO HO?!? and that gold? and the vertical stripes? :barf:

:laugh: :kiss:

I'll give yo HO HO HO

Angel said:
:angry: You are so off base on this one Zoney! The Canucks current uniform is quite honestly one of the nicest in the League!

Whoever put those current colors together on the Canucks sweaters must have been color blind! They don't go together - and why would you want to steal colors from the Islanders anyway?

Plus, I like Santa Claus. :lol:

I was actually really bummed when the NJ Devils dropped the green and red in lieu of the current black and red. Three cheers for Wild putting the Marian in the Merry Christmas.

O.K. - that sucked!

zonelistener said:

....and Canucks fans KNOW ugly sweaters! Not just the new ones, but those horrid red/yellow/black ones - truly :barf:
Hey, I LOVE the Orca Whale sweaters! They just scream West Coast of BC. I also like the Canucks 90s home jersey. They looked like their 80s jersey, but they were white instead of yellow. Do you remember it? It had the hockey skate looking all slicked out and everything.

Here's Pavel Bure and Alexandre Mogilny sporting that jersey, together again for all times sake:

alex_mogilny.jpg

I think they do kinda when they both have facial hair (which they both do now, of course).

I had the BIGGEST crush on Carney, so much that in 1998 before a Wings/Coyotes game I went down to the ice for pre-game skate and got a puck from him. :flirt: Sweetest guy, really nice and cool. Got an autographed hockey card from him a week later. :happy:

Re: I'll give yo HO HO HO

zonelistener said:

Plus, I like Santa Claus. :lol:
Three cheers for Wild putting the Marian in the Merry Christmas.
It kind of looks more like the Sunny Side breakfast special to me! You got your bacon, your sunny side egg, some spinach, all on a large stack of toast! Yum!

"Breakfast on a Puck"
10048864.jpg

Last edited:
I've always thought game 3 is the most important game of the series, which thankfully the Canucks won, but game 4 in this case is also huge. It will make the difference between being up 3-1 in the series for the Canucks or being tied 2-2. If the Wild win this game, I believe it will be a 7 game series. If the Canucks win, I believe it will be 5 games. Guess we'll see...

It will be interesting to see also how the 2 day rest affects both teams. There may be some signs of rust and a slow start, believe it or not. A lot of teams want to just get "right back at her" but here they weren't able to. I think the Canucks should be thanking their lucky stars, though, as several players have flu like symptoms, especially Bertuzzi (thanks to St. Louis). I believe it's a minor setback though. Nothing to complain about.

Back
Top Bottom