The British Invasion...OR...zoney, ali rose and sula and the Elbow/Doves adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't wait for tonight!!! I'm sitting here listening to "Pounding" over and over again and trying (in vain) to get some work done....

I'm about to die from anticipation. I'm SO EXCITED. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Oh, and hi, Sheila!! :D )

dizzy said:

Okay, stupid me forgot to mention my name. Jenn, it's Sheila. :)

Shelia, hey! What a small world :D
wave.gif

*listens to Doves and lives vicariously*

:sad:

oh well, you girls make sure to have a kick-ass time, take lots of pics, hug Guy for me and tell Jimi I said hi. ;)

just got back from the DC show tonight! though there was a little too much bass/reverb at times during both shows (fucking shit acoustics) both bands rocked, Elbow only played for about 40 or 45 minutes, played most of the songs off their album... Doves played a mix of both cds over about 80 mins

great night, the place was jammed, I even got this special 3-track mini-disc of Elbow on the way out which they were giving away!

the Doves' singer/bassist mentioned the World Cup several times, clearly nervous/excited about the England - Brazil matchup! they ended with a sonic jam that I didn't recognize from either album, I think it was just something semi-spontaneous or unreleased, but whatever, they torched the place with that finale which I think might be the b-side "Crunch" but I'm not positive about that... also got a 6-track live cd of radio performance they did, but all songs from their last cd

The Wanderer said:
they ended with a sonic jam that I didn't recognize from either album, I think it was just something semi-spontaneous or unreleased, but whatever, they torched the place with that finale which I think might be the b-side "Crunch" but I'm not positive about that... [/B]

Yeah!!! I believe that song was what they call SpaceFace??? (I read and swiped a setlist) I LUUUUVED it too,:question: :question: but does anyone know where to get ahold of this track?? :question: :question: Cuz No, its not on either of the albums... and I want it!!!

Can anyone help a gal out?:confused:

Ali Rose said:

Yeah!!! I believe that song was what they call SpaceFace??? (I read and swiped a setlist) I LUUUUVED it too,:question: :question: but does anyone know where to get ahold of this track?? :question: :question: Cuz No, its not on either of the albums... and I want it!!!

Can anyone help a gal out?:confused:

It's a Sub Sub (Doves's old band) song. You should be able to download a live version online. :)

Last night was a great show! I wanted to hear more from Elbow, though. Yep, Megan, you're right. Guy Garvey is :drool: material. He's so cool. Is anyone jealous of that girl Elaine whom he dedicated "Newborn" to? :sad:

meegannie said:

It's a Sub Sub (Doves's old band) song. You should be able to download a live version online. :)

Ah, so that's it. I loved it too. :) And I'm so glad they performed "Here It Comes". I couldn't take my eyes off drummer Andy(?). He looked like he was drumming for his life. :D That's it. I really wanna learn how to play the drums!

Back
Top Bottom