The BRAND New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All right guyz, seeing as no one else wants to take on the job while Party Boy is away, i will take over the predictions game this week. Will post results and fixtures in a little while..... hope you guyz want to continue the game.....

Last week's results

only 4 entries....

Hell's Satans - 8
Caper FC - 5
Aardvark Devils - 3
Yertle FC Predictions - 3

Overall standings after 4 rounds

1. Pathetico Bling Bling FC - 37
2. Aardvark Devils - 31
3. Quack, Quack, Bang, Bang - 29
4. Hell's Satans - 29
5. Yertle FC Predictions - 25
6. Caper FC - 22
7. Halifax Windjammers - 13
8. Mulen4Prez - 3

blah...i still suck.:down:

anyway....big game today against bayern. a little nervous but hopeful that we will go through. had a bit of a chuckle when i saw our back 4 for today.

carvalho huth terry gallas

and all CB back 4...:lol: should be interesting to see. hopefully it works.

Last edited:
ya those were disgraceful scenes in Milan......
The goal should have stood though, thats what instigated the reaction...... but like the commentators mentioned, under no circumstances can that sort of behaviour be tolerated.

Milan deserve to go through, fair and simple. Inter were simply not good enough to break them down over the two (almost!) matches....

tarquinsuperb said:
Yeah!
What a great night to be English and we might at last stop hearing about '99.

YYYYEEAAAH!!

Hang on......NO!! We must NEVER forget 99!!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

:wink:

I'm really happy for Liverpool tho. I'll naturally be rooting for them in the semis...gotta go for the underdogs.
Fuckin about time an English side went all the way in Europe!!! Well done boys!
:rockon:

Aardvark747 said:

YYYYEEAAAH!!

Hang on......NO!! We must NEVER forget 99!!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

:wink:

I'm really happy for Liverpool tho. I'll naturally be rooting for them in the semis...gotta go for the underdogs.
Fuckin about time an English side went all the way in Europe!!! Well done boys!
:rockon:

Really happy, we've not only got a guaranteed finalist but what also promises to be an awesome semi.
Just seen Lawro on the beeb website writing off Liverpool's chances but I'm not so sure.
I think it's great because we've had to listen to how much better the Italian and Spanish leagues are than the English. (Would Mr's Owen and Beckham please take note)
We also kept being told Man Utd and Arsenal were the only good English teams. Both theories shot to pieces.

Mullen4Prez said:
Great game last night. Baros sucks!

Gotta agree there. He really hasn't shown any of the talent he produced in Euro 2004. And certainly hasnt been a replacement for Owen.

Good luck to Newcastle tonight. I hope, if only for Alan Shearer's sake, that they can progress to the semis and then go on to win. After all, it's not like they've got a hope in hell of beating US in Cardiff on sunday!!!:evil: :rockon:

<--- look for where i am from :wink:

adeus newcastle:wave:
adeus shearer: :wave:
adeus souness: :wave:

hope you all have seen yesterday how football can be so well played.
you also had the privilege to watch what will be one of the best players in the world in few years. Remember his name: Moutinho (no, not Mourinho. that one i know that you all know it...)

anyway, i believe that you are already used to this. let's see:
euro 00
euro 04
porto vs red's in the champions 04
sporting vs. boro in the uefa 05
mourinho with england at his feet

not bad for a third world country as your press says. :wink:

Unbelievable. UEFA once again make themselves look a laughing stock, with their ridiculous decision over what went on in the Milan derby the other night.
Inter to play their next 4 games behind closed doors, and £132,000 fine.
Utter bollocks. They should've banned them from European football for at least 3 years - something that would not only affect the club, but that would perhaps get thru to some of the morons who threw those missiles onto the pitch aswell.
But instead, 4 games behind closed doors - wow, big deal, and a poultry fine to go with it - that I dont think is likely to affect a club the size of Inter Milan.
A chance for UEFA to take a stance and clamp down on hooliganism in European football, and THIS is all they can can come up with.

Shame.

:tsk:

Aardvark747 said:
Unbelievable. UEFA once again make themselves look a laughing stock, with their ridiculous decision over what went on in the Milan derby the other night.
Inter to play their next 4 games behind closed doors, and £132,000 fine.
Utter bollocks. They should've banned them from European football for at least 3 years - something that would not only affect the club, but that would perhaps get thru to some of the morons who threw those missiles onto the pitch aswell.
But instead, 4 games behind closed doors - wow, big deal, and a poultry fine to go with it - that I dont think is likely to affect a club the size of Inter Milan.
A chance for UEFA to take a stance and clamp down on hooliganism in European football, and THIS is all they can can come up with.

Shame.

:tsk:

If it wasn't for crappy refs disallowing good goals and crappy linesmen that don't know the difference between someone being onside or offside then the fans wouldn't need to freak out and act stupid. But seeing as I hate AC Milan I did enjoy seeing Dildo sorry Dida get hit by a flare (glad he's ok though at the same time). And yes, the ban is fine and just in my books. Not like Liverpuke sorry Liverpool being banned for 5 years because of something much more serious like the death of 39 people.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is apparently ready to quit UTD at the end of the campaign. His recent lacklustre performences, are put down to THIS rather than that he is still getting back to full fitness since his injury.
I dont know about this really. I can kind of see his point. The club as a whole really has been on a downer this season - but not having Ferdinand at the start of the season and then also Ruud's injury back in november, have been 2 huge problems for us. Maybe we placed a bit too much at Rooney's door after his stunning debut last year. Although, each time I watch a full 90mins of a UTD game, Rooney does seem to be giving it his all. I do think this 4-5-1 formation that we've been using recently isn't working. I cannot ever recall Ferguson using this before, and coming out of it with good results.
I still don't hugely rate Saha or Smith. Sure they get the odd goal now and then, but nothing like what Ruud is capable of when he's in form. That's why it would be such a shame to see him go. Barcelona will probably be the option he takes, over Real Madrid. If he's looking for European Cup glory - THAT would certainly be the choice to take. I cannot see Real winning it again just yet, def. not next season anyway.

I must say, that I am starting to agree with other UTD fans, in that Carlos Queiroz is being allowed to dictate far too much at the club - he is almost certainly behind this current formation change. And if, as has been reported in the press, some of the players are unhappy with this, they really need to voice their opinions to Sir Alex...before the fans start calling for HIS head.

I'm going with a Newcastle victory with Ferguson being sacked afterwards.
I agree with Aardvark the club seems to be spiraling out of control at the moment.
I do not think the United board will have overly enjoyed Wednesday night either.
Maybe I'm letting my heart rule my head though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom