The BRAND New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Party Boy!

Well as u can expect - I am delighted with the Chelsea title victory...god I love Jose so much.

:mad:

And I go for 1-0 to Liverpool tonight!! GO FOR IT KOP BOYS!!!

Aardvark747 said:
Hey Party Boy!

Well as u can expect - I am delighted with the Chelsea title victory...god I love Jose so much.

:mad:

And I go for 1-0 to Liverpool tonight!! GO FOR IT KOP BOYS!!!

:mad: :shh:

Aardvark747 said:

god I love Jose so much.

there's a joke we use to tell here in Portugal about Mourinho (maybe you know it) that he's making love with an english lady and when she's getting there she starts ti scream "Oh my god, oh my god", to what he replies "baby, here in our privacy you can call me José"

love him or hate him, he's the best and he has already give more proof of it than all the acclaimed senile coaches in your country. i know that this is a tough reality for most of the english press (and maybe people) that called him a guy coming from the third world with no chance to suceed in England. If they had brains they would remember that this third world has beaten England in the last two Euro championships, and several portuguese teams have eliminated english teams from the european competitions in the last years (like the glorious Porto against those red loosers last year).

and that will remain true no matter the result from tonght.

WE'RE GOING TO ISTANBUL!!! WITH HOPE IN OUR HEARTS AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...ALONE

GO ON BENITEZ FIRST SEASON WHO CARES ABOUT THE LEAGUE OR CARDIFF WE GOT REVENGE ON JOSE AND THE BLUES AND WE'RE OFF TO ISTANBUL...

I will be stunned if the final is anything less than 2-0 or 3-0 in favor of AC.

And I say that as a Juventus fan! :shifty:

PS: Make no mistake, I don't mean that in a "I hold a grudge against Liverpool for putting out Juve" way. I mean that in a "AC v the Bianconeri fighting for Serie A title" way. I was actually hoping for 'Pool win this game. But that was more because I hate Chelsea I think. :wink:

Last edited:
Good game I thought. Chelsea are just missing something in the final third. Drogba is useless and clearly they missed the guile of both Duff and a fully fit Robben.

Fair play to liverpool though. They have done much better than anyone could have guessed

well that well and truly sucks but i honestly didn't even think we'd get this far when we drew barca so this was more than i expected.

and law of averages and all the pool were due a win against us. unfortunately it had to be in the CL . but in a sense the pool have fucked themselves cause with 2 games left and one of them against arsenal they have to hope everton fuck up and they win their last 2 games or that they win against ac milan in the final :lmao: to get back in the champs league next year.

they have no flying chance in hell to beat ac milan. we didn't have much of one if we had bet liverpool yesterday so i predict a 4-0 thrashing of the pool. the only chance they have left is that everton are playing both aresenal and bolton but they also have a game in hand as well. i personally will be rooting for both everton and ac milan cause i would love to have liverpool not make the champs league at all next year. :evil:

Party Boy said:
well, they beat Juventus over 2 legs which no one would have expected either so they do have a chance against AC Milan (if they get through). Think it will be a close game.. closer than people expect..

They beat an injury plagued Juventus so your comment makes no sense at all but that's cause you probably don't follow Serie A soccer or Juve. A fully fit Juve would be preparing for the finals right now but that's the way things go sometimes (when it rains it pours so the saying goes). And no, they don't have a chance against AC Milan. Serie A soccer is famous for their tight defensive play and we all know Milan can break through and shut down whenever they feel like it. The final should've been Juve against Milan in a real battle but as far as this final goes...

AC Milan 3
(the other team) 0

Achtung Joshua! said:

They beat an injury plagued Juventus so your comment makes no sense at all but that's cause you probably don't follow Serie A soccer or Juve. A fully fit Juve would be preparing for the finals right now but that's the way things go sometimes (when it rains it pours so the saying goes). And no, they don't have a chance against AC Milan. Serie A soccer is famous for their tight defensive play and we all know Milan can break through and shut down whenever they feel like it. The final should've been Juve against Milan in a real battle but as far as this final goes...

AC Milan 3
(the other team) 0

Well, am an Arsenal fan and considering PSV beat AC Milan 3-1 last night, I think your over-estimating how good AC Milan are. PSV were in Arsenals group in Champions league this season - we beat them 1-0 at home and drew 1-1 away with 9 (nine!) men. Liverpool have been injury plagued aswell this season (Cisse, Alonso to name but two who missed the juve games).

As for watching Italian football, yeah I watch it though am not a great fan of Italian style of football.

Party Boy said:

Well, am an Arsenal fan and considering PSV beat AC Milan 3-1 last night, I think your over-estimating how good AC Milan are. PSV were in Arsenals group in Champions league this season - we beat them 1-0 at home and drew 1-1 away with 9 (nine!) men. Liverpool have been injury plagued aswell this season (Cisse, Alonso to name but two who missed the juve games).

As for watching Italian football, yeah I watch it though am not a great fan of Italian style of football.

PSV at home were amazing and showed why they are Dutch champs. AC Milan played their worst game in a long time and I didn't like the fact that they were concentrating on defending instead of scoring (damn Italians will never learn :mad: ). But no, I don't think I'm over-estimating AC Milan (eventhough I hate them being a Juve fan myself). When they're firing on all cylinders there has been no better team in soccer this year.

id like to see what happens if Everton finishes 4th and Liverpool somehow upsets Milan in the final.
The FA make that decision, what a hard one it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom