The BRAND New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon instead of Penalties, just keep playing extra time. Golden Goal rule applying, keep swapping halfs after 15 mins. Sum1's bound to get tired and make a mistake....

*sings*

You'll never walk alone!

Brilliant game - I was about ready to give up after the first half, but the Reds got back into it with full force. Fantastic game...I was absolutely glued to my seat! Until it was over, of course. :wink: Then I was jumping around like a mad woman.

:rockon:

winners.jpg

Im still so happy for them. A mate of mine met me in work yesterday, who supports Man U too - and he said "Cant fuckin believe it, I was SO behind Milan, then them fuckers came back and won it?!":ohmy:

I said - "Ross, ur English, u should be supporting them, not being fuckin jealous! That's what 90% of football fans in the UK did for US in 1999"

I told 2 of my friends (Ones a Milan supporter, the other liverpool)

That AC would win if it didnt get to penalties....and Liverpool would win on Penalites :)

i hate West Ham for the reason that a few years ago (when they had a decent team) Match Of The Day used to show them as one of the main matches every bloody week! yet they were always in mid table mediocrity! while my Villa boys got our usual 2 minutes at the end :madspit:

and they copied our kit!

On a side note, well done to Michael Owen tonight, grabbing a hat trick, didn't see the game myself though as i was out

so the verdict is in on the colegate tap up and it's fucking ridiculous

chelsea fc - guilty - fined 300 million pounds and a suspended 3 pt deduction for next season if we are caught tapping up another player.

jose mourinho - guilty - fined 200 million pounds as a deterrant to managers considering tapping a player

ashley cole - guilty - fined 100 million pounds for intsigating the meeting in the first place.

zahvi and barnett were cautioned and the pannel suggested that their involvement should be investigated.

arsenal's claim for compensation from chelsea for the tapping up was denied.

so cole gets 100 mill for setting up the meeting but JM gets twice that for just showing up. that makes me really fucking mad. also liverpool gets's fined 20 million pounds for a sucessful tap up but we get fined 15 times that for this. it's sooo stupid. so i guess if next season a team like west ham gets caught tapping up a player they'll get fined 300 mill too. i highly doubt that. :madspit:

Well, didn't Mourinho say he was in Italy at the time when in fact he wasnt?

I reckon all the money should go to Arsenal - we've had to deal with a shite left back ever since the story broke - we lost 4-2 against Man Utd a few days after.

Anyways, Mourinho will probably get Abranovich to pay his fine - he'll find it down the back of his sofa in one of his 20 houses or 10 luxury ships...

This Ashley Cole thing is turning into a bit of a monster - could be another Bosman type thing which would certainly put even more power into players hands. Or if you have a player who has not played well for ages and you want to get rid of him that you can sack him?

Sweet Tart said:
so the verdict is in on the colegate tap up and it's fucking ridiculous

chelsea fc - guilty - fined 300 million pounds and a suspended 3 pt deduction for next season if we are caught tapping up another player.

jose mourinho - guilty - fined 200 million pounds as a deterrant to managers considering tapping a player

ashley cole - guilty - fined 100 million pounds for intsigating the meeting in the first place.

zahvi and barnett were cautioned and the pannel suggested that their involvement should be investigated.

arsenal's claim for compensation from chelsea for the tapping up was denied.

so cole gets 100 mill for setting up the meeting but JM gets twice that for just showing up. that makes me really fucking mad. also liverpool gets's fined 20 million pounds for a sucessful tap up but we get fined 15 times that for this. it's sooo stupid. so i guess if next season a team like west ham gets caught tapping up a player they'll get fined 300 mill too. i highly doubt that. :madspit:

:laugh:

:laugh:

the 3 i'd like to go down - Birmingham City, west Brom, West ham

the 3 i think will actually go down - wigan, sunderland, west ham

can't see any of those coming up, staying up.

west ham had a good team a few years ago but it's been totally decimated now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom