The BRAND New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
liverpool aren't anywhere near the class that ac milan is. there was no way they were going to win it. they used up all their luck to get this far. and besides most of their best players spent a good portion of the winter injured and are coming back fresh and rested now.

stevie G has apparently woke and and scored but it sitll won't be enought for them to win.

GO MILAN!!!!!

i stand corrrected...now it's 3-2....someone has a freaking horsehoe stuck somewhere cause this is ridiculous :mad:

Biggest pile of shit I ever saw. A shit team are champions of Europe??? But then again Greece did the same thing on a bigger scale so maybe being a shit team isn't such a bad thing these days :madspit:

This ranks right up there with the Red Sox/Yankees 2004 ALCS in terms of greatest comebacks and choke jobs by a team. Well done Reds. Hopefully this persuades Stevie G to remain at Anfield for the remainder of his career. Anyone else wonder how Michael Owen is feeling at the moment?

Great game - as an Arsenal fan, I was nearly hoarse shouting for liverpool - showed great charactor and to come back from 3-0 down against Milan (although the combined age of Milan's defence is older than the pyramids) against all the odds, and esp. after the thrashing they got in first half is truly amazing.

Man Utd have had a bad week this week eh!!?

Oh, and I got a season ticket for Arsenal next season - the last one at highbury! Cost me £885 quid but covers all league and 7 cup games (from either Champions league or FA Cup).

As if I will get to use 7 tickets for Champions league.......

If only the FA Cup was on this weekend... United could have watched last nights game and studied how to take penalties properly... well even though Riise missed... we didnt pulla Scholes!!! :wink:

Aardvark747 said:
When you walk through a storm
Hold your chin up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet, silver song of a lark.

Walk on, through the wind,
Walk on, through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.

(hope I got that all correct, uwwedoogie?)
:wink:

perfect... wow from a united fan, never thought I'd see it

I have to say... it still hasn't kicked in, tonight on Sky Sports News at roughly 6.30 when they go through Liverpool with the cup... then maybe it'll sink in...

Carragher last night in post match interview "I gotta go, I'm off on a bender, be back in about a week" hahaha what a player

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.

Dalton said:
Penalty shootouts are the worst thing in sports.

i agree. this is the second football final in as many weeks to be decided this way and it stinks.

i think it should be decided like in boxing where a panel of judges decides who was the better team over the 120 minutes.

and it's such a shame if because of this result that everton wont be in the champs league next year. they worked thier asses off all season to get 4th in the leaque and to be dumped out would be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom