The Black Keys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Black Math

The Fly
Does anyone here have their new album? Whats it like? I heard a few songs when I was in a music shop yesterday and it sounded totally badass and cool...

They are badass and cool , see them live if you get the chance, they are the coolest two white boys from Akron. I dont have the new album yet however.....

someone tell me why i get them mized up with the weakerthans.

Hmm...I've heard of the Weakerthans, but haven't heard any of their tunes. I'm so fucking behind...I'm just now getting into the Black Keys and was totally oblivious to the fact that they're a local band. I'm so ashamed of myself...

:reject:

Never heard a single song from them except when I saw them at the ACL Festival last year.

By the way, they kicked heaping portions of ass.

:hmm: maybe I really ought to check them out once I get out of my BSS/Stars/MMJ/Lips kick I'm going through.

wow, thats an old thread, they have new album due out soon....

Chulahoma is a brand new 6 song ep from the Akron, OH two-piece The Black Keys. Produced and recorded by The Black Keys the songs on Chulahoma were originally written by the late Junior Kimbrough. Dan Auerbach (guitar/vox) and Patrick Carney (drums) have an impressive ability to re-work Kimbrough’s material without sacrificing any of the song’s character. Their music has been described by Rolling Stone as, “…woozy and sometimes warm, the type of emotions you’d expect from frontman, Dan Auerbach, who modulates his cynicism with folkiness…” And Pitchfork said, “The Black Keys may be just a couple of white dudes from Akron, but they seem closer in spirit to something that Muddy Waters himself might’ve considered ‘the blues’ than to any midwestern bar-band’s approximation of it.”

They are opening for Radiohead.

If you get a chance...check out their website and check out their video done by David Cross!

Back
Top Bottom