The best band you're not listening to: Jellyfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
You don't have Bellybutton and Spilt Milk by Jellyfish. Why? They're 2 of the best records I've ever heard. Every person I've played Jellyfish for has gone out and bought their records, whether they were into Archers of Loaf or Meatloaf.

And I'm the only one here who owns these records.

While grunge was exploding in the early 90's, and grey and black was the colour of the music, Jellyfish we blending together The Beatles, Kiss, The Beach Boys, Badfinger, Queen, and Harry Nilsson into one of the most joyous and colourful sounds ever. They could all sing. They could all play like masters. They wrote songs like nobody else around. They put it across live.

They're the yardstick by which all power-pop will be judged against for the rest of time.

Alas, in 1994, selling 250K albums wasn't good enough, and they were dropped into obscurity.

One member plays keys for Beck. One was the singer in Slash's Snake Pit. One went into My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult. Jason Faulkner, has a nice solo career, and sang with Travis on their cover of Queen's "Killer Queen." Andy has fallen off the face of the Earth :sad:.

Go spent $20 and buy both records (They're usually really cheap.) You'll be better for it.

A disclaimer for everyone here... Jellyfish is not the same as Green Jelly.

I regret to destroy the glimmer of hope those Little Pig, Little Pig fans once held.

MrBrau1 said:
Every person I've played Jellyfish for has gone out and bought their records, whether they were into Archers of Loaf or Meatloaf.

An Archers of Loaf reference! Woohoo!

Ive been listening to those cd's for years, " in the breathless hush of 4 am"

" I wanna stay home"

" sabrina"
" bye bye bye bye bye bye bye"

they are amazing.

DeadMansParty said:
Ive been listening to those cd's for years, " in the breathless hush of 4 am"

" I wanna stay home"

" sabrina"
" bye bye bye bye bye bye bye"

they are amazing.

Excellent!

cujo said:
A disclaimer for everyone here... Jellyfish is not the same as Green Jelly.

I regret to destroy the glimmer of hope those Little Pig, Little Pig fans once held.

:lol:! I liked that song when I was little :D.

Anywho, Jellyfish...ohhhh, I heard a song by them last night on Nina Blackwood's new wave/alternative radio show, but unfortunately, I didn't catch the name of it. But I know that I rather liked it :yes:. And I've also heard a couple of other songs of theirs on that same show in the past that I liked, too.

I'll keep an eye out for those albums.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom