The Arcade Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I too saw their Pitchfork review today. I'll lookie into them also.

Pitchfork :down:

After reading a review of them on Tiny Mix Tapes I wanted to download some of their songs, but the only ones available on Soulseek (aside from the ones with thousands in their queue..) were blank :mad: I'll check their site out now though..

I listened to it at work

awesome.

when I read such a favorably pitchfork review I immediately want to NOT like the album...kind of reactionist.
but this album deserves it.

I got this album on Sunday and instantly fell in love with it. (I had heard of them briefly and heard they are playing in my hometown in 2 weeks). I started immediately recommending them to everyone.. and the next day pitchfork gives 'em 9.7, making me look like their bitch. but I got there first damnit!

They are incredible. I really must say I haven't had an album kick my ass that hard on first listen in a really long time. WHAM.

edit: oh yeah.. way for 2 of the best albums of the year so far to be Canadian (Arcade Fire, Junior Boys)

SkeeK said:
I got this album on Sunday and instantly fell in love with it. (I had heard of them briefly and heard they are playing in my hometown in 2 weeks). I started immediately recommending them to everyone.. and the next day pitchfork gives 'em 9.7, making me look like their bitch. but I got there first damnit!

They are incredible. I really must say I haven't had an album kick my ass that hard on first listen in a really long time. WHAM.

edit: oh yeah.. way for 2 of the best albums of the year so far to be Canadian (Arcade Fire, Junior Boys)

:up:

oh yeah.. they're on tour, so check the dates out at the merge records website. I get to see 'em in 2 weeks! .. and i think the tickets are $7 or something so really no one has any excuse not to go.

Ordered it today, hopefully the rest of the album is as good as the few songs I've heard.

Zoorock Girl! said:
Can anyone say "album of the year"? :wink:

lol. always stirring up shit. :wink:
while arcade fire's album def. sits comfortably in my top 10 albums of 2004, top prize goes to interpol for "antics."

sorry to hijack this thread. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom