The Arcade Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there's a torrent of the webcast of their lollapalooza performance. i dl'ed it but they are all flac files and for some reason my winamp doesn't want to play them.

:angry:

I don't know if I already posted in this thread or not - I'm too lazy to look! :laugh: but I love the Arcade Fire, I have Funeral, the EP, and the song they did for Six Feet Under (Cold Wind). I think my ultimate all-time favourite Arcade Fire song is Rebellion (Lies). Wake Up is in second place for multiple reasons :wink:

caragriff said:

how were they?
i have tix for the nyc show in september.
can't wait :)

They were so amazing that I have been inspired to change my avatar.

Honestly -- best show I've ever been to. SO GOOD.

lmjhitman said:
there's a torrent of the webcast of their lollapalooza performance. i dl'ed it but they are all flac files and for some reason my winamp doesn't want to play them.

:angry:

You have to decode those into WAV. Look for a program to do it at versiontracker or something.

knox said:
You have to decode those into WAV. Look for a program to do it at versiontracker or something.
uh, yeah. i have flac frontend, but forgot to actually use it and decode the files. i guess i was just being impatient and stupid.

this show sounds great, though. i really can't wait to see them in october. :up:

edited to add:

holy crap. no cars go is :drool:

Last edited:
knox said:

They were so amazing that I have been inspired to change my avatar.

Honestly -- best show I've ever been to. SO GOOD.

i only have two more months to go... :wink:

lmjhitman said:

uh, yeah. i have flac frontend, but forgot to actually use it and decode the files. i guess i was just being impatient and stupid.

this show sounds great, though. i really can't wait to see them in october. :up:

edited to add:

holy crap. no cars go is :drool:

Can you hook me up with that torrent, by the way?

Oh, and you can't hear the best part -- Win's adventure into the crowd.

winbutler.jpg

:)

Cool friend I have: "Oh my god. I just heard Arcade Fire on radio."

To understand the gravity of this statement, one must realise how craptacular local radio is, and then also factor in the awesome greatness of the Arcade Fire. Could this mean Singapore is finally putting good music on the airwaves? Happy times.

got my tickets. for $25. canadian!!!

shit!!! the arcade fire AND wolf parade for $25! :drool:

Live the experience of the concert two times over... and afterward send me one.

Seriously though, enjoy it to the fullest extent of the law.

:up:

I will be right here waiting for you, mofo...

(in the parking lot)

Unfortunately, I will be out of the country for a few months.

cujo said:

Unfortunately, I will be out of the country for a few months.

Going to Phuket again, eh?

(Last of the Famous International Punboys)

I bought Funeral today. 'Tunnels' is apparently making some impact on local radio so they've got a distributor here now, so I didn't have to pay the import price.

The only little problem I have is that there was a sticker on the plastic advertising it as 'a controversial album by the experimental UK band'. Uhh....ok. Anyway the lady at the shop took the plastic out so the sticker's gone now but what the hey.

Anyway, I've heard most of the album through the Internet but of the tracks I haven't heard before, I like 'Crown Of Love' a lot. It's so amazingly cohesive though, and I think it may actually replace Lifeblood as my favourite of 2004.

ladywithspinninghead said:
So they're opening up for U2 in Montreal and my very own Ottawa come November!! Youpiee!! :up:

Is this true?

I'm also in Ottawa (going to both shows), and this is the best case possible thing EVER if true. Do you have a link to an article or something? I'd love to read it!

Mr. MIKEphisto said:

Is this true?

I'm also in Ottawa (going to both shows), and this is the best case possible thing EVER if true. Do you have a link to an article or something? I'd love to read it!

Look on the front page of Interference aka www.interference.com

It's seemingly true. I hope this means they'll have similarly awesome people opening for the rest of the tour, especially SLC. :wink:

I need me some 3rd leg tickets. I'm just going to say that in every thread, relevant or not, from now on.

:scream:

joyfulgirl said:
I need me some 3rd leg tickets. I'm just going to say that in every thread, relevant or not, from now on.

:scream:

Try to find some for Salt Lake, HG and I will be there (waiting in the GA line). :up:

ladywithspinninghead said:
So they're opening up for U2 in Montreal and my very own Ottawa come November!! Youpiee!! :up:

No..... way...!!

This is going to be a great concert. Can't wait!

u2popmofo said:

Look on the front page of Interference aka www.interference.com

It's seemingly true. I hope this means they'll have similarly awesome people opening for the rest of the tour, especially SLC. :wink:

Ill be there with you u2popmofo, Man I would love to see TAF open for U2, maybe Wilderness?

macphisto23 said:

Ill be there with you u2popmofo, Man I would love to see TAF open for U2, maybe Wilderness?

:love: Wilderness :love:

Unfortunately, I dont think that would happen. They are barely even touring for their album, because they all actually have "real" jobs and cant afford it. Hopefully this album is a success for them!

Are you in Utah then?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom