The Arcade Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you again MuchMusic for playing Arcade Fire videos. It's nice to see that both Rebellion (Lies) and now Neighbourhood 3 (Power Out) are MuchMegaHits.

I.E. High rotation, high saturation, high goodness.

:up:

SkeeK said:

Do I Ever!!!

I just found this...

Interview and live performances of (in their entirety):
Laika
Wake Up
Headlights Look Like Diamonds
Haiti
No Cars Go
Power Out
Rebellion
Une Anee Sans Lumiere

Yeah, cool.

Sorry I waited posting this until I'd finished watching it because I was jealously guarding my use of the site's bandwidth.

I missed this how?

i blame the slippy squiggles, whatever and whenever they happen to be

you might be surprised.. the mastering of that first disc is pretty bad. though sometimes it's hard to tell whether it's the mastering or the recording.. i think it will be noticeably better, though probably not what it could be. That live performance of headlights look like diamonds is just painful because of how inferior the recorded version is

ok. remember way back when when i gave you a link that had lots of videos of the arcade fire playing live and you got all excited? well i was excited at least. heh. heheheheh

heh.

well, anyway.

i found something better.

go to www.fabchannel.com

either in the archives or in the highlighted past shows, there is the arcade fire.

you can then watch (if you have a good connection) a full, unedited, perfect sound quality and pretty good picture quality 74 minute long Arcade Fire concert.

and they have plenty of other awesome bands in their archives. i also heartily recommend the roisin murphy show, because it's the second coolest live performance i've ever seen footage of (zootv is #1)

never mind.

i lied.

there's actually another complete arcade fire from march 11, in addition to the may 10 one. so 2. holy shit.

as well as doves, british sea power, andrew bird, ani difranco... what an incredible thing the internet is.

Last edited:
wow. WOW.

SkeeK, you are rocking my world, hard, with all this live arcade fire stuff.

NICE. :up:

that fabchannel.com website with the arcade fire and all is cool.. but the best thing there is actually undoubtedly all the air guitar championships. freaking awesome. dutch people are so cute and rock so hard.

I just got the EP yesterday. I'm glad i got the LP first because if I had got the EP first I may not have bothered with the LP. It is good though. Just not quite up to the standard of the CD.

No Cars Go is even better on a studio tracking.

Nice stuff. I recommend the EP highly for those who enjoy life.

summer/fall tour dates from us kids know :

07/23 Guelph, ON
07/24 Lollapalooza (Chicago IL)
08/13 Summersonic (Tokyo)
08/14 Summersonic (Osaka)
08/17 Paredes de Coura, PT
08/19 Pukkelpop Festival
08/20 Lowlands Festival
08/22 Nantes, FR
08/25 Rock En Seine
08/26 Monsters of Spex
08/27 Reading Festival
08/28 Leeds Festival
08/30 Liverpool, England
08/31 Edinburgh, UK
09/01 Sheffield, England
09/03 Electric Picnic (Ireland)
09/15 New York, NY
09/18 San Francisco, CA
09/20 Portland, OR
09/21 Seattle, WA
09/23 Austin, TX
09/25 ACL Festival
09/29 Minneapolis, MN
09/30 Winnipeg, MB
10/02 Saskatoon, SK
10/04 Edmonton, AB
10/05 Calgary, AB
10/07 Vancouver, BC

---

i am SO there. :hyper:

whussabout the t-dot? it's not like they've already played there enough or something.

cheapskates

Back
Top Bottom