The Arcade Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you got me.
62.jpg

I was driving last night, and happened on a station playing them.

I could not believe how happy that made me.

I stupidly loaned out my copy of the album/CD to a friend in a different state...won't get it back until New YEar's eve.

meegannie said:
I hate the British music press. :mad: If I see ONE MORE thing about the Libertines (especially Pete :mad: ), I will claw my own eyes out.

The Libertines are an immensely talented, poetic band.

Great band. I love Funeral. There is a forum for those who are interested, it is only new, but its growing pretty quickly. And no, it's not mine and I don't know the person who runs it, I'm just spreading it for the love of AF...

Sleep Over Jack said:

Ok..I'd take their spirited, punchy music over Radiohead's self-parodying ways any day ;)

:huh: Yikes?

Anyhow, I found this exquisite little item and wanted to share:

Live video of 'Power Out':
http://stream.qtv.apple.com/qtv/toolshed/merge/arcade_100.mov

Also, mtv.com has their music video of 'Rebellion (Lies)' for anyone who hasnt seen it. I didnt know MTV still had anything to do with music videos, let alone good music videos. Learn something new every day....

Last edited:
Their performance (at the MuchMusicVideoAwards) of Rebellion (Lies) with full high school marching band accompaniment was completely entertaining.

Well done Arcade Fire.

:up:

cujo said:
Their performance (at the MuchMusicVideoAwards) of Rebellion (Lies) with full high school marching band accompaniment was completely entertaining.

Well done Arcade Fire.

:up:

It was fun, wasn't it?

Kinda wish the stage had been a bit bigger. And of course they had to suffer the indignity of performing on the same show as Asslee, but such is the state of Much Music these days.

MuchMusic is in a sad state of affairs indeed. However, its lack of musical potency and variety makes those interesting moments worth the lame hours of viewing.

That's not true at all. The Wedge is a decent showcase program though.

If it's any consolation to music history, the Backstreet Boys were the next "act" on stage after The Arcade Fire. I know I'll sleep well.

:shh:

Last edited:
cujo said:
The Wedge is a decent showcase program though.
the wedge... :drool:

it's only thing i watch on much. in fact, i missed the mmva's because, well... i just did.

i'm kinda pissed that i missed the arcade fire. :angry: though i'm sure they'll re-air it like, 8000 times before the week is over.

I bought Funeral a few weeks ago after reading good things on this board, and I have to say it doesn't really live up to the hype.

The only great song is "Wake Up" and the rest is pretty blah. It's okay as background music though I guess.

ImOuttaControl said:
I bought Funeral a few weeks ago after reading good things on this board, and I have to say it doesn't really live up to the hype.

The only great song is "Wake Up" and the rest is pretty blah. It's okay as background music though I guess.

I'm curious, what other bands you listen to?

thanks my dear Premium Member

now I have clear something

"oh" - lmj's immortal words

ImOuttaControl said:

I enjoy the opposite. To each their own.

I vehemently hope that your opinion on the album is not a consequence of the song having been used on the Vertigo Tour. If that's the case, then it would be disappointing.

It is sometimes difficult to swallow pills, but when it comes to music you shouldn't need U2 sugar to swallow new medicine.

cujo said:

I enjoy the opposite. To each their own.

I vehemently hope that your opinion on the album is not a consequence of the song having been used on the Vertigo Tour. If that's the case, then it would be disappointing.

It is sometimes difficult to swallow pills, but when it comes to music you shouldn't need U2 sugar to swallow new medicine.

You're not patronising.

cujo said:
miss you sugar.

:sexywink:

Upon reflection, a less substantial one-liner attempting to demean ImOuttaControl would have been more appropriate and respectful. In the interest of encouraging an engaging discussion and a sharing of musical opinions, it would have been damned groundbreaking of me to use thoughtless brevity in our sea of expanded and insightful replies.

A Revelation!

:shh:

Arcade Fire are amazing.

Haiti, Une Annee Sans Lumier, Rebellion (Lies), Power Out, EVERY OTHER SONG ON THE ALBUM are all amazing.

I haven't been as impressed with an album since I got into Radiohead Years ago, or U2 before them.

I noticed someones post on Interpol - antics earlier too.. agree.. it's an amazing album, but not as multi-dimensional as this one.

And they are Canadian! I sure hope they come to Ottawa at some point in the future.

Los Angeles Philharmonic : David Byrne & the Arcade Fire
Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 07:00 PM. Hollywood Bowl

Any one else going?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom