The Amazing Race: All Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race11/

You could have probably assembled a better cast by reaching into a hat of names. Not feeling this season. I have a bit of love for the Cha Cha Chas (Oswald and Danny), but not much. Their laid back approach can often be frustrating.

Ten Things Wrong With This Cast:

1) David and Mary - What the hell? This is All Stars. Why put a team on the race that we know has no shot in hell?

2) Eric and Danielle - A mix up team? Come on now. CBS just didn't want Eric/Jeremy because they're sick of the male teams constantly winning. Boo!

3) Charla and Mirna - The most loathsome team to ever race. Charla's sense of entitlement due to her disability and Mirna's constant bickering (and inappropriate name calling) really make me scratch my head as to why they have such a huge fan base. Now, the only way they'll win this race is if production does everything they can to make the tasks less physical. Hell, they've already cast a bunch of mostly inept racers, so the odds are already more in their favor then in TAR5.

4) John and Jill - What the hell? I love Season 3, don't get me wrong. It was the finest ever. Great route, the greatest team (Flo/Zach), but them? One of the least interesting duos in the early years. Why are they here? Well, Erika from Big Brother (yes, that Erika), does the casting for this nonsense. And guess who she is friends with? Bingo. As if casting boring winners such as Aras and Tyler/James (the former attended her yoga class, the latter are friends of Aras) was bad enough......well, there was also letting the reprehensible Boogie win BB: All Stars......christ, can we give Erika the title of Worst Reality Person Ever?

5) Uchenna and Joyce - Right, no Rob/Brennan? Or Flo/Zach? Or Chip/Kim? Or Freddy/Kendra? She shaved her head in TAR7 big deal. It looked better that way.

6) A lack of representation. Nobody from TAR4? Sure, Kelly/Jon reportedly backed out at the last minute, but I'm sure Millie/Chuck or the Clowns would have been up for it. How about one of the most exciting seasons (albeit with a not-so-well-liked cast), TAR6? Hayden/Aaron or Kris/Jon weren't around? Hell, the oh-so twisted Jonathan would have been nice since Colin isn't here (Christie is pregnant). Then there's the family edition. Yeah, it blew, but Mama Paolo was television gold. And you're telling me that they couldn't have expanded the All Star cast from 11, yet had room for 12 teams on TAR10?

7) Rob/Amber. Great racers, although it annoyed me that TAR7 became "Stop Rob and Amber!".......however, they are Survivor contestants. NOT the first names I think of when pondering "who are my favorite past racers?"....A ratings gimmick well past its time.

8) No Blake/Paige? Surely they would have been up for it. That's an entertaining, likeable team. And isn't that what the producers are going for?

9) Teri/Ian are evil. I swear. Ian was mean to my precious Flo if you don't recall.

10) The fact that this is called All Stars.

Last edited:
I can't stand Charla and Mirna, and I am so sick of Rob and Amber. :crack: I like Uchenna and Joyce though...and Teri and Ian. Some of the others I'm not remembering so well. :reject:

Yep, that's them. Probably the fan favorites of Season 2. I liked them, but I was more into Tara/Wil (bickering divorcee couple that lost at the finish line), Blake/Paige (sibling duo with hints of incest), and Team Domination (two highly funny dweebs).

I'm not a huge fan of all the "All-Stars," this round, but it's TAR, and it's my favourite show, so I will be glued to the TV come Feb. 18th! :D

I hate Rob and Amber !! I hated Flo and Zach too, especially Flo.

All-Stars are jumping the shark material along with themes. Survivor and Big Brother went this route already and it sucked so why not have the third great reality show shoot itself in the foot too?

Ok, I just checked out the website and the teams, umm, yeah, have fun with that. I'm waiting until the fall season.

:ohmy: All I want to know is....are my hippies back?? dont'even remember their names...and I really liked the clowns! We will see...how This one goes..!:wink:

I will wait to watch it before making any comments. Some of the reality shows are ok, some not so much. And some of the Celebrity All Star shows are ok then some are not so much. :|

Ok, I gave it a chance but Rob and Amber and the fact that I hated more of the teams than I liked, I turned it off about half an hour into it.

Did I mention I couldn't stomach watching Rob and Amber? Enjoy the season viewers!!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ok, I don't make a habit out of watching reality tv shows (the last season of this show being one of the few exceptions), but even I know who Rob and Amber are, and if they are going to be on this season, they suck worse than those Barbies so I might have to sit this one out.

And the Barbies are on this season, too. :happy:

See you in the fall, TAR.

Definitely watching it. As little as I like Rob/Amber and the blondes, I think they play the game well.

trevster2k said:
Ok, I gave it a chance but Rob and Amber and the fact that I hated more of the teams than I liked, I turned it off about half an hour into it.

Did I mention I couldn't stomach watching Rob and Amber? Enjoy the season viewers!!

It's a good thing you switched off early then. :wink:

Rob and Amber don't really bother me, although I'd prefer to see another team win. Don't know who yet, though.

I like Roba and Amber-,aybe it is b/c Rob remindes me of all the obnoixous Massholes I grew up with!!! Also I just think they play the game really well...:eyebrow:

If there were a reality show I would be one this one is it. Love it!!

The thing I think is odd in this post 9-11 era...why do they never get tackled running through airports? Special TV phone ahead perhaps?!?!

Can't stand Rob and Amber. If these douchebags hang in there till the end again, I don't know that I can stomach it.

I'm one of those suckers who likes Rob & Amber. :reject: I agree that their 15 minutes of fame are long long over, but I like 'em. I hope that some other team wins, though.

It looks like it should be an interesting season.

It struck me last night that Rob and Ambuh get along exceptionally well, it's like they share the same brain. I REALLY want to see them bitch and snipe at each other. Dare I hope? :drool:

I also noticed that Uchenna bears a striking resemblance to Keith from Six Feet Under. :drool: Didn't they say last night in the intros that their marriage is on shaky ground?

Call me, Uchenna. :shifty:

I like Rob and Amber, and find it amusing that other teams waste so much energy focusing on them.
Every team here is a pair of veteran reality show whores...they are all in it for the same reason. Yet there are some who'll focus so much on R&A that they'll lose sight of the race and get bounced.

And wtf with the pair of Uncle Festers from NY. I didn't see their first foray into TAR during season 1, didn't catch on to the show immediately...were they this pathetic then?

Kevin & Drew were more amusing, that's for sure. They insulted each other on a regular basis, but always seemed to have a fun time.

My favourite episode of theirs was when they were doing the rope swing/bungee thing in South Africa, and one of them is watching the other fall through the air and he yells - "Swing ya fast bastard, swing!" :lol: It's hilarious. They seemed like fun people, and hopefully that side of them will come out this season, if they last a few more episodes.

They were also on the Family Edition on the first leg, giving a clue to the racers. Hardly any of those people recognized them. :tsk:

Last edited:
Why is Kentucky so hell bent on working together and teaming up and helping others? Don't they realize this is dog eat dog, every team for themself and that only ONE team wins the prize? It's nice to have heart and be genuinely nice to be liked and popular, but come on...........this is an all out competition! I hope they buck up and pull it off. I'd seriously love to see them win, they could really benefit from the money. Rob and Amber.....not so much.

As much as I loved Kevin & Drew in Season 1, they were definitely not contenders this time. It seemed like they weren't happy, and just did not give enough effort. Their personalities weren't as fun, so I'm kind of glad they're gone.

Mirna and Charla are now officially on my hate list. I'm pretty sure I hated them the last time too, but they've gotta go. God, they need to shut the hell up. So do Dave & Mary whom I'm really annoyed with now.

My favourites right now are Oswald & Danny. They're fun guys who are having a great time, and know how to play the game with class. :up:

Back
Top Bottom