The Amazing Race: All Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, this episode really sucked. As soon as Uchenna and Joyce missed the connecting flight, it was over. They weren't even in the rest of the episode until the end. I thought it was hilarious that they tried to build drama about who the fourth team would be, when it didn't matter at all.

And once the blondes chose not to do the cookies (haven't people learned by now that searching through thousands of something takes way too long?), you knew they had this leg.

phanan said:
I thought it was hilarious that they tried to build drama about who the fourth team would be, when it didn't matter at all.
Yeah....wtf did they think by not showing U&J for 55 minutes we'd forget they were part of the race and be intrigued by what was going on?

Yes and interestingly in the finale where Uchenna and Joyce won, a plane was called back to the terminal from the runway in Puerto Rico so they could board a flight to Miami and provide some competition for Rob and Amber for the million (the 3rd team was nowhere to be found), yet this time they were a few minutes late to check in for a flight that still didn't depart for a half hour and no strings were pulled.

Producers obviously didn't want to give them another million, after paying off the FAA the last time to ensure a dramatic finish which ultimately screwed Romber of their deserved million.

It was a pretty good episode :) And for once, I actually cheered Charla and Mirna for doing that kung-fu climb. Charla did really well at that.

*edited by Bonochick to remove spoiler info*

Last edited by a moderator:
RavenBlue said:

I would hope people wouldn't post statements like this for those of us who have intentionally avoided reading the rumors.

Last edited by a moderator:
RavenBlue said:
And for once, I actually cheered Charla and Mirna for doing that kung-fu climb.

Nope. Still couldn't bring myself to cheer for them.

I also was annoyed afterwards when Mirna was talking proudly of Charla for having done it, and she was happy that she is able to show the world what she can do. Um...Mirna was the one who when she was reading about the task was saying that she didn't think Charla would be able to handle it. :| Mirna just drives me crazy, she's so nasty and fake. People call the Beauty Queens fakes? Nope, that would be Mir-"my friend"-na.

I know, I seem to be passing pretty harsh judgement on someone I've never met, so let me just add that that is simply how she is appearing to me from what I've seen.

Also, if you read the spoilers, PLEASE do not discuss them here so that other people who wish to be surprised until the end can still do so.

RavenBlue said:
It was a pretty good episode :) And for once, I actually cheered Charla and Mirna for doing that kung-fu climb. Charla did really well at that.

They did, I enjoyed watching them this episode too....and kicking down the doors, that was funny!

Why do people view the yield as some sort of moral thing or personal? Geez :rolleyes:

It's a raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace :banghead:.

P.S. Eric is a tool

"Please God, grant me the patience to know that there are things that I can not change . . . and the intelligence to hide this guy's body after I kill him." I :heart: Oswald.

I was suprised by the back to back non eliminations too :yes:

I have a question about the previous weeks episode....

Remember when Charla/Myrna ended up driving to the Island and then got on the wrong ferry and had to ferry back...

Why were they not penalized for not following the instructions :hmm:

Because they ended up going back and taking the ferry across the way they were supposed to. They only would have been penalized if they never went back on the ferry.

Last night's episode was good. I realize Danny and Oswald needed money, but they should have at least requested the yield be used on Charla and Myrna as they were closer to them.

And Eric indeed is a tool. Shut up already about having no respect for people who yield you. It's part of the damn game.

Anyone else like how the blondes flat out lied to Eric and Danielle at the end, saying that while they gave them money for the yield, it was Danny and Oswald who chose to yield them instead.

Niiiice.

kellyahern said:
Why do people view the yield as some sort of moral thing or personal? Geez :rolleyes:

It's a raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace :banghead:.

No kidding!!!!!!! This isn't The Amazing Friendship, it's The Amazing RACE. I can't believe people harp on those who take advantage of the yield. :crack:

I also think that Charla and Mirna saying they would have just given Danny and Oswald money is just plain stupidity, especially since Danny and Oswald were in the lead at the time. I consider myself a nice person in life, and I like to help people out, but it's a race!!! You are competing!!!!!!! That money you give could help them pay for a cab ride that could beat you to the pit stop. At least when Dustin and Kandice gave them money, it was a strategic move...although I'd been hoping they would yield Charla and Mirna, since Eric and Danielle already had the 30 minute penalty to deal with anyway.

I really could care less which team wins, because I don't really care for any of them. However, despite them bickering to each other all the time, it would be kind of sweet justice for Eric and Danielle to win it, after being yielded twice and having some really bad luck with flights.

Back
Top Bottom