The Amazing Race 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
The Weaver's can't understand why everyone dislikes them, just because they "don't cuss and are trying to run the race and live as Christians"...well do good Christians constantly call their competition "idiots", and give them nicknames like "The Cleavers" and "The Desperate Housewives"? Is it a good Christian thing to see a garbage truck on the road and say "maybe the Cleavers are in there?" or pull up to the booth at the Grand canyon and tell the employee to stop the car behind them and keep them there telling them the whole history of the canyon?

Just because you don't swear doesn't mean you can pull all this other BS and hide under the guise of "Good Christians"...give me a break...and please be next to be eliminated.

My thoughts exactly. :bow: :heart:

I was bummed to see the Paolo family go...but I didn't want the Bransens to go, so I was glad to see them stay. Dad and I always have soft spots for father/daughter teams. :)

At this point I would have to say that I like all the teams except the Weavers.

I'm glad I kept watching last night...I didn't realized that it was a 2 hour show. It was nice of the Paolo family to stop the Bransens before they stepped on the mat just in case it wasn't an elimination pit stop.

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't some of the other team members go over to the Weaver children while their Mom was racing around the track???

Yep, I think it was the Bransen family.

Well you all know I've been trying hard to like the Weavers, but I have to say now I agree with Hewson. Their remarks are very childish.. and I realize they're a defense mechanism.. but it's not really helping their image.

RavenBlue said:
Yep, I think it was the Bransen family.
I think it was the Godlewskis, may have been Branson, either way, after words of encouragement were offered, the Weaver kids insulted the people as soon as they walked out of ear shot.

they should like totally go bonkers and go to africa.

Maybe because there are getting to be fewer teams left, they'll do it, because less people, thfre, less money

......... heh, well, I don't count on it, but somehting like that would be cool, I guess.

Hewson said:
The Weaver's can't understand why everyone dislikes them, just because they "don't cuss and are trying to run the race and live as Christians"...well do good Christians constantly call their competition "idiots", and give them nicknames like "The Cleavers" and "The Desperate Housewives"? Is it a good Christian thing to see a garbage truck on the road and say "maybe the Cleavers are in there?" or pull up to the booth at the Grand canyon and tell the employee to stop the car behind them and keep them there telling them the whole history of the canyon?

Just because you don't swear doesn't mean you can pull all this other BS and hide under the guise of "Good Christians"...give me a break...and please be next to be eliminated.

Exactly. When the daughter gave the whole "live as Christians" thing I couldn't believe it. Even slanted editing can't change what they've said and done.

Yea I know. Bummer! Last night on E Talk Daily they had Lynn and Alex from the last Amazing Race and they counted down the three worst things that have happened so far on this Amazing Race.

3. The Weavers bad mouthing the other teams
2. The Paolo son telling his mother he was going to drown her in the river

and
1. They left the US and then came back!

The Amazing Race has shot itself in the foot this year, usually it is a highly rated series. This year it isn't even in the top 25.
They have lost a ton of viewers with the new format.

:banghead:

A non-elimination point :shocked: I am soooo :mad:

:banghead:

I will say it again 'Anybody but the Weavers'

How can anyone not think that Utah is beautiful. I think the scenery we saw tonight was spectacular :up:

I know who wins, want me to tell you fah?

Well, rumour has it that a certain team wins. I have know since the 2nd week and they are still around.:wink:

Let me think. If I tell you, it would ruin it. Nah, I will let you wait it out but this season is so boring. Zzzzzzzzzz!

But you're correct, the Weavers are just edited to be total wankers. What's with the kid yelling at the cyclers " you wish you were Lance Armstrong" Endless examples of them behaving like jerks and they think THEY are good people.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ah yes, the Weavers. Earlier in the season I remember when the two sisters were calling people in the other teams "retards". So very Christian.

I thought they were going to quit too. I'd been trying to like the Weavers but they really can be quite hypocritical.. and then they dissed nature last night... not the way to get on my good side.

I thought there were only two non-elim rounds. I was sure at the last one Phil said something along the lines of.. "This is the last of two non-elim rounds"

:shrug:

Whats with the cameras draining car batteries?
Thats the 2nd time it happened in this edition.
They should make all other vehicles stop and wait till the vehicle with the drained battery can get going again, its not the fault of the team, its the people running the show who cause it.

Hewson said:
Whats with the cameras draining car batteries?
Thats the 2nd time it happened in this edition.
They should make all other vehicles stop and wait till the vehicle with the drained battery can get going again, its not the fault of the team, its the people running the show who cause it.

I smell a conspiracy.

:wink:

phanan said:

I smell a conspiracy.

:wink:
It might be Jesus doing it so the Weavers can win.

"Thank you Jesus for getting us here"
Why don't you thank the Bransen family instead since you followed them the whole way.

And how about the Rolly kid..."I'll take out Wally..." real Christian attitude.

Hey, I just saw the tail end of it, but it sure is nice to know that the weavers still think it is Gods will that put them in the final roudn.

:eyebrow:

"I can't wait to see their antics in the final leg" - Is that what CBS wants me to say?

this is what I say ---- > :| :eyebrow: :|

Last week coming up. I hope the Weavers lose. Nice to see the Bransons get to the finals. Zero points to the cultural insensitivity shown by Rolly or whatever his name is.

Back
Top Bottom