~The Amazing Race~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rob is ruining the game by trying to make it into Survivor part deux. Lame.

They should penalize people much more stiffly for refusing to do challenges. Quitters shouldn't win.

I agree with that. Rob is a wimp for not eating that crap. The only others who did not were that skinny girl and the old guy Meredith. Everyone else completed the challenge. Penalities should be do it or go home. I think last year one couple did not pick up their clue and had to go all the way back to get their clue to finish the leg and remember the sisters last year in the haystack, she was there for over 8 hours.

They must change the rules every year like Survivor. Anyway, I don' t think Rob and Amber will win the race.

I give Rob credit.
He played within the rules.
He took a chance, in most situations a 4 hour penalty would end your race, but he knew that others would likely end up quitting the task and be behind him, plus you had 2 directionally illiterate teams, Susan and Patsy who took 2 hours to find the highway entrance in Santiago, and the 2 girls who drove to the ocean before realizing they took that wrong left turn at Albuquerque and missed the enormous Andes mountains by 150 miles or so.
So one of those 2 stupid teams deserved to be ousted and they were. (Jeez if you're gonna participate in a race around the world, at least learn how to read a map and road signs first)

Hewson said:
I give Rob credit.
He played within the rules.
He took a chance, in most situations a 4 hour penalty would end your race, but he knew that others would likely end up quitting the task and be behind him, plus you had 2 directionally illiterate teams, Susan and Patsy who took 2 hours to find the highway entrance in Santiago, and the 2 girls who drove to the ocean before realizing they took that wrong left turn at Albuquerque and missed the enormous Andes mountains by 150 miles or so.
So one of those 2 stupid teams deserved to be ousted and they were. (Jeez if you're gonna participate in a race around the world, at least learn how to read a map and road signs first)

True, but I have lived in Bulgaria and some of their signs are hard to read!

Anyway, Rob suggested that they quit the task. He said his plan would work if others quit as well, this ensured that they would not be eliminated.

Tasks should be completed!

I haven't enjoyed this season because of Rob!

Goodbye to Susan and her son Patsy.
Remember in the first episode when Patsy said Boston Rob was "dumb as a rock".
Rob and Ambah now have 2 trips and are currently in first place, and Patrick and his mommy are heading home.
Who looks "dumb as a rock" now?
I'm really enjoying the Rob and Amber factor on this edition. I loved when the 4 groups are on the first plane and Lynn and Alex are saying, haha, Rob and Amber didn't make it, and at the same time Rob is convincing the guy at the ticket counter to hold the plane for them. Priceless.

well I'm not enjoying Rob and Amber!!

This is by far the worst season I have seen of the Amazing Race and I love the show. I watch Survivor and Amazing Race and they both have their own appeal.

I don't watch Amazing Race to see Scheming and whatnot. The first team there wins!

Ray is kinda this season's Jonathan the way he berates Deanna.
And they suck for what they did to Meredith & Gretchen...far worse than anything Rob and Ambah have done.

And there's always some scheming during Amazing Race.

Hewson said:

And there's always some scheming during Amazing Race.

Yeah but not to this extent!!

Come on now! I"ve been watching since season 1 and I have enjoyed some of the tactics employed by the teams in the past season but Rob and Amber.............

I never liked him in Survivor and don't like him now. I just don't enjoy it with them. Plus, I don't like seeing how someone who won a millionaire dollars get free vacations. Grrrrrrrrrr!

I don't think Rob's done an excessive amount of scheming, basically just bagging out on the eating 4 lbs of food. He took a risk there and it paid off.
Otherwise they've played the game pretty much the same as all the others, they're just better at it than most. Rob was the only one who knew how to stack 180 books on a dolly in one trip without dropping them all over the street. And they've been smart enough to enlist some local help when needed, its not like nobody's ever used that tactic before.
Many of the other racers' biggest problem is they are focusing so much on Rob and Ambah that they'll get themselves eliminated.
I find the Rob/Ambah element fascinating in this edition.

I agree with Hewson.
Rob and Amber are doing well, because they are not letting other teams distract them.
Rob always makes me :lmao:

Hewson said:
I don't think Rob's done an excessive amount of scheming, basically just bagging out on the eating 4 lbs of food. He took a risk there and it paid off.
Otherwise they've played the game pretty much the same as all the others, they're just better at it than most. Rob was the only one who knew how to stack 180 books on a dolly in one trip without dropping them all over the street. And they've been smart enough to enlist some local help when needed, its not like nobody's ever used that tactic before.
Many of the other racers' biggest problem is they are focusing so much on Rob and Ambah that they'll get themselves eliminated.
I find the Rob/Ambah element fascinating in this edition.

I'll agree that they focus too much on them which is why I don't like them.

Yeah, Rob has proven that he's not as dumb as people thought he was when he was on Survivor. I give him credit.

I wish they would look at more teams.

Basically the "storyline' is when and ifi Rob and Amber get eliminated. Boring to me, there are other teams out there.

The other thing I like about Rob and Ambaaah is that they are having fun while racing. I always enjoy watching the folks who enjoy the race (good example, Gus in the last edition when he wanted to stay and drink beer in German beer garden), rather than those who get so caught up in the competition that they don't have any fun while competing.

I was screaming at the tv for the brothers to RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a little choked with Rob & Amber not even slowing down to ask if everyone was ok at the accident :eyebrow:

And the comment Rob made about Gretchen & Meredith...about her not even being hurt :mad:

Rob definately lost some PR points in these episodes.

I thought he was funny at first, but now he just looks like a jerk. There's a difference between humor and humanity, Rob. Be careful.

I'll even admit to being a bit put off and disappointed by Rob not stopping at the accident scene, at least just to check like others did. The brothers would have just waved them on like the other racers and he wouldn't end up looking like an inconsiderate bastard.

Loved the last foot race, and so glad the brothers passed Ray and Deanna(their love will last a lifetime).

Anyone notice 2 separate references to Meredith being the woman's name?
First Rob said "Meredith and whats his name" when talking about them. And then Uchenna(who should make a point of getting peoples' names straight) said something about Meredith being female and Joyce said "Meredith's the guy".

Well I guess the camera man could have died in the car accident last night...

But for me the amazing part is seeing parts of the world that I haven't seen and may never get to.

James Wrothman said:
Just curious, What's so amazing about it. Amazing would be like Higaldo or something. Something where you have a chance to die.
Have you watched every episode?
Did you see the one where the racers had to survive a swarm of amazon killer bees wearing only bathing suits and armed with only butter knives?
How about the episiode where they have to race through an active landmine field wearing circus clown oversized shoes while blindfolded?
And lets not forget the episode last season when they had to spend a night in a Turkish prison with cigarettes strapped to their naked bodies and their hands and feet bound.
Pretty amazing stuff.

Hewson said:
Have you watched every episode?
Did you see the one where the racers had to survive a swarm of amazon killer bees wearing only bathing suits and armed with only butter knives?
How about the episiode where they have to race through an active landmine field wearing circus clown oversized shoes while blindfolded?
And lets not forget the episode last season when they had to spend a night in a Turkish prison with cigarettes strapped to their naked bodies and their hands and feet bound.
Pretty amazing stuff.

Hehe! Funny!!

I love the brothers, very happy to see them stay.

Rob is a cartoon. And not a very funny one either.

Back
Top Bottom