The Amazing Race 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 'Bama pair are such hypocrites, talking shit about the blonds because they were yielded by them, when they fully intended to do the same thing to the blonds if they could have.

At this point, I really don't care who wins, I'm just watching cause I love the show.

The sad thing is that as the show progresses, Rob and Kimberly are becoming more endearing, though the previews would indicate a return to form next week.

I don't mind how the Barbies are competitive in this race - I just don't like how they go about doing it sometimes. A bit too cocky for my taste.

As for Bama, I don't think they were hypocritical at all. They still feel like the Barbies acted very poorly towards them earlier, and they looked at the yield as a way to get back at them.

Their reaction to being yielded was just natural, however annoying it was.

Rob and Kimberley have had some back luck with cars. It almost makes you feel for them, until you see the previews for next week, as Hewson already mentioned.

Tyler and James seem to be the most liked now. They haven't really pissed anybody off yet.

phanan said:
Tyler and James seem to be the most liked now. They haven't really pissed anybody off yet.

I agree! They're running the race the right way, and aren't that annoying, unlike the other teams.

I'm kinda loving how much car trouble Rob and Kim have been having. :lol: It cracks me up - pretty much every SINGLE episode has their car breaking down. I think one of the 'Bama girls said something about how often their cars break down must have something to do with the way they're driving. :giggle:

The 'Bama girls are really cheesing me off, but they raced very impressively last night. I don't know why the Blondes never thought to buy a map. Ummm, hello?! It might help you a little bit to find your way around a foreign place.

phanan said:

As for Bama, I don't think they were hypocritical at all. They still feel like the Barbies acted very poorly towards them earlier, and they looked at the yield as a way to get back at them.

Their reaction to being yielded was just natural, however annoying it was.

So the Barbies were the epitome of evil for doing the yielding, but it would have been fine for 'Bama? :huh: YMMV, but that spells hypocrisy to me.

I think it's reasonable to be momentarily pissed at whoever yields you, but when you would have done the same thing yourself if you could have, but then you go on a holier-than-thou rant about how you can sleep at night with a clear conscience, where the other team can't? Just...wow.

Last edited:
Hewson said:
The sad thing is that as the show progresses, Rob and Kimberly are becoming more endearing, though the previews would indicate a return to form next week.

It's nice watching them and not hearing him scream his head off at her.

I think I want either them or James and Tyler to win. James is a little ditzy, though, what with his thinking that they were actually going to throw the pots for the detour. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

So the Barbies were the epitome of evil for doing the yielding, but it would have been fine for 'Bama? :huh: YMMV, but that spells hypocrisy to me.

I think it's reasonable to be momentarily pissed at whoever yields you, but when you would have done the same thing yourself if you could have, but then you go on a holier-than-thou rant about how you can sleep at night with a clear conscience, where the other team can't? Just...wow.

If there was no history between them, and Bama reacted the way they did, then yes, it would have been hypocritical. But they were still seething from what the Barbies did to them earlier, and they were looking for revenge with the yield. When they didn't get it and the Barbies did, the blondes now had done something to them twice during this race, and naturally they got even more peeved.

It was nice to see the Barbies come in last for a change, despite the fact it was non-elim. I was impressed with how well Bama raced, though they still grate on my nerves.

I guess if I were to root for one team (which i really am not at all this year) it would be Tyler and James.

Rob/Kimberly would be the best winners......most exciting television. BQ's/Tyler and James are boring but have ran strong races. A Bama win would be an annoyance, but that won't be happening. :wink:

Anyone reading up on the information concerning next season's All Stars? Looks like a lot of quality teams have either declined or been left out entirely. :(

The non elimination leg was a shock actually. They only have three a series - and this is the third. So does that mean we may have a head to head race or will the final leg for the last three teams will be one long stage with no mid leg pit stop as usual? Could be an interesting twist ahead...

Amazing Race All Stars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It definitely worked for Survivor. It sort of worked for Big Brother. Now, The Amazing Race is getting in on the all-star act.

CBS has confirmed that the 11th edition of the round the world reality show will bring back some—though not all—of the series' biggest names, for The Amazing Race: All-Stars. And the excluded teams have had no qualms in expressing their outrage.

Perennial reality show also-ran Rob Mariano and former Survivor champ Amber Brkich have been tapped to return for yet another shot at unscripted glory, as has Amazing duo David and Mary Conley, aka Team Kentucky from the most recent edition of the Emmy-winning series.

Strongly rumored to be joining the foursome are season five faves, couple Colin Guinn and Christie Woods (that season's runners-up) and cousins Mirna Hindoyan and Charla Faddoul.

Generating far more reaction, however, is who has not been chosen to compete.

The perpetually bickering season six couple Jonathan Baker and Victoria Fuller, who landed their own Dr. Phil prime-time special such was the interest in their relationship, will not return, nor will season nine winners BJ Averell and Tyler MacNiven, or season five winners, married couple Chip and Kim McAllister, arguably one of the most popular teams from the series' 10 seasons.

At least to hear them tell it.

A video post to their joint MySpace blog last month, which was removed after less than a day, lashed out at Amazing Race producers for excluding them from the all-star installment.

"I don't want to sugarcoat this or anything, there is definitely going to be an Amazing Race: All-Stars, they will be starting within the next few days and Kim and I never got a phone call from anyone, not from [the executive producers], not from CBS, not from anyone," Chip said.

"We have run the gamut of emotions. I hate to be one of these kind of people that thinks he's entitled to be an All-Star—I may not actually, Kim and I may not be All-Stars material—but to be completely forgotten by CBS and the CBS decision makers...it really doesn't feel good. We could have been contacted."

While he may have got the sentiment right, his timeline was slightly off.

According to Variety, Amazing Race: All-Stars began filming just last week in Miami. But Chip and Kim weren't the only non-invitees to express their disappointment.

Season nine winners BJ and Tyler, who incidentally sent fan forums into a frenzy this spring when homoerotic photos of them with fellow Racers Jeremy Ryan and Eric Sanchez were leaked online, sounded off on their exclusion via CBS.com's Former Racers Blog, where the duo were meant to be offering commentary on the show's 10th season.

"What would be ironic is if someone were putting together an all-star version of the race and contacted teams like [season seven teams] Lynn & Alex and Brian & Greg, but did not contact us, the most popular and amazing team of all time, about it," Tyler wrote in a post last month.

"Trust me, if they were doing that, they would contact us," BJ added. "We were the most well-liked team ever to compete on the Race...I'm sure they wouldn't just pick a gimmicky team like Rob & Amber, or a 'competitive' team like Colin & Christie, and turn their backs on friendly winning teams like us and Chip & Kim, leaving us to find out about it from some gossip site."

I hate the way Rob keeps talking about the $$$. I would be a bit offended if I was Kimberly, it's like he thinks they won't have a good life together without the $$$. ugh.

I'd be fine with either of the other two teams winning.

snowbunny00774 said:
I hate the way Rob keeps talking about the $$$. I would be a bit offended if I was Kimberly, it's like he thinks they won't have a good life together without the $$$. ugh.

His screaming at her during the tomato tossing thing was making me cringe, big time. :|

Actually, if I had to choose, I want the models to win. They seem like good guys, have overcome a lot with their addictions, and haven't been too annoying throughout the entire race. They're pretty easy to look at, too. :shifty:

It was Kimberly who looked bad during the tomato challenge, Rob was right, you're there, just suck it up and find the clue.

Of course I lost all respect for Rob with the boo-hooing at the mat, I didn't see a bear trap around his leg, so no crying allowed.

And WTF with Karlyn being such a bith to her teammate...damn I don't think I want them to win now, or let Lyn take $975,000 and Karlyn get a $25,000 consolation portion. The woman is eating hot camel(at a much fatser clip than Kimberly) and you stand there and bitch.

This race (and the editing obviously) seems to bring out a lot of bad in some folks.

Hewson said:
It was Kimberly who looked bad during the tomato challenge, Rob was right, you're there, just suck it up and find the clue.

Of course I lost all respect for Rob with the boo-hooing at the mat, I didn't see a bear trap around his leg, so no crying allowed.

And WTF with Karlyn being such a bith to her teammate...damn I don't think I want them to win now, or let Lyn take $975,000 and Karlyn get a $25,000 consolation portion. The woman is eating hot camel(at a much fatser clip than Kimberly) and you stand there and bitch.

This race (and the editing obviously) seems to bring out a lot of bad in some folks.

I know! That was like a total psycho-ing out on Karen's part. I never liked their attitude throughout anyway, and this just makes me root for the boys that much harder. So what if they could be the first female team to win it all?

And yeah, Rob crying when they were at the mat... Yikes. I'm a girl and I say "No crying allowed, dude." That's another thing that bugs me about him. You do not call your girlfriend "dude". I hate guys who do that.

This is why I tend not to watch reality shows for the most part - I get too pissed off at the people and take it way too seriously. :lol:

I think I'll still be rooting for the models. Like I said before, they annoy me the least out of everyone.

Karlyn and Kimberly with their constant bitching and complaining were driving me nuts. :angry:

However, I did like seeing both of those teams appologising and moving on - they don't normally show those kinds of scenes, so it was nice to see.

Finally got to see it tonight. I'm kind of sorry that the blonds are gone. They were a really good, competitive team, and I liked their attitude. The only negative thing they did throughout the entire show that I can remember (correct me if I'm wrong) is butting in line in front of 'Bama at the airport. That wasn't cool, but other than that, they were good. They seemed to be gracious losers, too.

I guess I want the models to win now. They're the least offensive and annoying, although it's kind of hard to muster any enthusiasm.

Back
Top Bottom