The AFL Thread Reporting Dangerfield Has Signed a 9-yr $10.1m Deal With Port Adelaide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hird's appeal to the Federal Court that the AFL/ASADA investigation was unlawful has been dismissed.

He has 28 days in which to decide whether he will appeal to the High Court.

I expect in 28 days time he will appeal and the process will continue as per usual.

Essendon players also reportedly refusing to play in the NAB Cup unless the AFL backdates their suspensions to September.

I. Love. Essendon.

Hopefully Hird will realise this is the end of the line - and that he's out of pocket enough - and respect the decision. Time to let this be.

And let's hope the anti-doping tribunal's deliberations are swift after it adjourns on 18/02. This needs to end.

Alright, I'm crawling out of hibernation...did I miss anything important? My team is still decimated of all the players I once loved? OK :(

Brissie did pretty well in the trade season, so I'd expect them to do markedly better this year.

I keep expecting them to do markedly better and yet they still appear to be exactly the same at the end of each season :lol:.

Haha that was actually worth watching. I'd be a little more optimistic if I was you. Of course you can never read much into pre-season, I'm sure it's the same with American sports but I just tune out, I fucking hate it all, because it's all "everyone's fit and firing and so and so is training the house down". In fact I actually completely lack interest in the AFL until round one. And I just had a look at your 2014 season and holy fuck I don't remember it being so bad. Seven wins?! A three-figure loss to Port in the penultimate round? Shiiiit. But, that said, you don't seem to have too many injuries aside from that bloke you traded in from GWS, Chris Judd seems completely revitalised, Thomas won't be as shit, you'll be battling for the lower reaches of the eight.

That is the most I have thought or written about footy since the Grand Final and now I will go back to not caring and thinking about cricket.

Of course you can never read much into pre-season, I'm sure it's the same with American sports but I just tune out, I fucking hate it all, because it's all "everyone's fit and firing and so and so is training the house down".

Casboult is proclaiming this to be the best preseason yet!! :panic:

I'll believe it when I see some results. Last year we went into round 1 fucking dead and that was borne out in our performance after 3QT not just in round 1 but more often than not, really. We went in with no depth and poor conditioning. Season was over within two months.

Honestly, I just like seeing that our men are being forced to run uphill. 2014's Blues had to be one of the least fit teams I've ever seen and that's so important in footy.

I also got quite a jolt hearing that we have a match with the Eagles coming up in 3 weeks. 8 weeks until round 1. I'm let down more often than not but it's a top sport and I love my club.

Last edited:
Travis, maybe we can get you into cricket so the World Cup can tide you over until the footy season begins? :wink:

I think we should turn Travis into a New Zealand cricket fan. Ashley, sorry, you've been vetoed.

If in baseball happen 2 things, then in cricket happen 5 things.

Aussie Rules must be right off the "happen x things" chart.

I can't help but feel, as I always have, that those who think more goes on in Cricket just haven't spent much time with Baseball. Which is fine, I mean it's easier to watch sports with regularity if they regularly air in your own country. I know a bit about Cricket from various films and other suck material, but I don't really watch the sport. What I've seen of it seems like a fine game to watch, but at the same time there's a reason why it's so often compared to baseball.

If baseball was more prominent in Australia, I think that I would be right into it. I've always kept meaning to go down to AltonA to watch Melbourne Aces play. The administration of cricket has been so awfully disillusioning, and baseball is a sport so comfortable with itself and its traditions

Looks boring as batshit to play though.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Oh baseball is super fun to play because you do so little. It's easy to get together with people and hang out because it's not so exhausting to do. Hence why it's so popular as a beer league sport.

Baseball had its moment of opportunity in Australia in the nineties and collapsed in a heap (and good riddance to it). If you want a poorly administered sport, there's a classic case.

About two weeks ago an Adelaide player affiliated with an MLB team assaulted a Melbourne player and had his contract revoked. The fact no one heard about it just goes to show how little people give a fuck about baseball in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom