The AFL Thread Reporting Dangerfield Has Signed a 9-yr $10.1m Deal With Port Adelaide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for all the "dog move" headlines, because this really is a fucking dog move.

If the Doggies plummet to the bottom of the fucking ladder next year they'll deserve it for this farce.

What the fuck? Did this actually happen? Going to turn on Trade Radio now.

It's streaming on AFL.com.au.

They release this statement last night

I have today read a statement issued by Ryan Griffen’s management. It requires clarification.

Ryan Griffen raised with me some concerns about our Senior Coach the day after our best and fairest. I then organised for him to immediately relay those concerns to our Chief Executive, Simon Garlick. We both took Ryan’s concerns very seriously as did Brendan McCartney when he was informed of them.

We arranged for Ryan to meet with Brendan and our Football Director, Chris Grant, and they discussed his concerns. Brendan acknowledged some faults and agreed to work on them. At the conclusion of the meeting, Chris asked Ryan if he was happy with the meeting and agreeable to working with Macca on an ongoing basis.

Ryan answered yes to both questions and added that while he was on leave he wanted to reflect upon whether he was best suited to captain the Club in the future.

Having returned to Australia on Tuesday night and without any further discussion with us after giving that agreement, Ryan informed us that he had changed his mind. We were also informed that he was seeking a trade to GWS – with whom we now understand he was in communication during this time.

We are extremely disappointed at his approach and have no intention of indulging it.

And now they've knifed the fucking coach. Absolutely pathetic.

Nah, no way he can stay. He will be driven out if he tries to stay, damage is done.

Fuck, McCartney should have injected players with peptides, at least he'd still have a job.

:lmao:

"Hey lads, what would you prefer, home truths about your shitty performances - or peptides?"

Yesterday... they were disgusted at Griffin.

Today... he's brave.

So ridiculous. So, so ridiculous. What a fucking joke of a club board.

Find some appropriate facial expressions and you'll have a meme to be made that will be shared aplenty.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Sanderson, McKenna and McCartney all out of a job, and yet Hird remains. I genuinely can't believe it.

Out of those 3, Sanderson was the only one who deserved to get sacked. He and Hird should have been the only coaches gone after this year.

This is pretty ridiculous though. As I understand it, Essendon and Port had reached a somewhat radical agreement they were both happy with, and then the AFL has decided they don't like it. If this all goes really pearshaped, then it's hard to blame the clubs.

(Also, way to play up the fearmongering angle Paddy.)

The Porpoise retires. A real shame constant injuries held him back, a bit of a forgotten man now.

Whoa, he only played 130 games. Enjoyed him when he was on, so much bad luck for him.

This week is just been carnage. Most entertaining start to an offseason in a while, but my opinion of a few teams has taken a battering. Glad the Eagles haven't gotten involved in anything yet.

lol just noticed the tags

Hot fact: I work at a certain international sub sandwich chain these days because that's about the best thing you can hope for a year out of art school, and I served Eddie Betts the other day. He bought four macadamia cookies and some chicken fillet monstrosity.

new logo

10628552_10152731522292487_3942286780836063727_n.jpg

I know that this is like three days old now but man I am not a fan at all. So cluttered and ugly. The trend of wonky shields, Cricket style, has got to go out. The bulldog looks like it's stuck between two boards and has its arse sticking out the other side.

Still better than the Adelaide Smashed Crab Claws With Glued On Googly Eyes and the GWS Wow This Looks Like a Fucking Local Council Logo Rather Than A Serious Attempt To Crack Into An Incredibly Difficult Markets.

The AFL Thread Reporting Dangerfield Has Signed a 9-yr $10.1m Deal With Port ...

Very cricket like indeed. (I did see on twitter the dogs registered the logo back in 2012)
resize

Boyd hasn't even been in the AFL system for half an hour and now he's asking for a trade. Hilarious. :lol: GWS say they're not trading Boyd under ANY circumstances. :laugh:

The Dogs have turned a bad loss into a big win if it happens to be a straight swap, much would be forgiven if it happened.

Stunned somebody would want to go to the Dogs after the past week of chaos there. They look about as unattractive as my stupid team and Melbourne.

There must be an eastern European word for how I'm feeling about this trade period. I hate so much about it, but it has been incredibly entertaining.

Stunned somebody would want to go to the Dogs after the past week of chaos there. They look about as unattractive as my stupid team and Melbourne.

At least you've actually been linked to people, we've been asleep the entire time to the point that the club's official twitter account made a status basically saying 'we'll let you all know if we're interested in someone.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom