The 2014 AFL Thread with Wankard and Big Mummy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering they already won a finals match last year and they've clearly improved since, I don't know what's stopping them from reaching the GF. Sydney is playing out of their minds right now and Port was right there, on the road no less. Play that match in Adelaide with that roaring crowd and Sydney doesn't win.

Note that Sydney weren't at full strength.

Port didn't have Polec, but that's minor compared to not having Tippett, Pyke, McGlynn etc.

True enough, but what more does Port have to do to earn the benefit of the doubt? They've already knocked off three top 5 sides and came within four of beating the other. Clearly, they belong. I would be very surprised if they didn't at least reach the prelims.

Their matches with Essendon and Collingwood are two of my most anticipated of the year.

Last edited:
I was pretty sure everyone already locked in Port as prelim staples long before the weekend, and that they're getting enough attention for it, but your 'Play that match in Adelaide with that roaring crowd and Sydney doesn't win' comment is a bit dismissive of just how good Sydney are at this point. A depleted Hawthorn still managed to get pretty close.

I'm with Travis. Hell, play that game anywhere but the SCG and Sydney don't win. I'm including ANZ in that statement, since that's not always been a happy hunting ground for the Swans against good opposition.

I don't really see the appeal of ANZ as a football ground, you can get 30-40k there but it still looks pretty unexciting. 40k+ at the SCG looks and sounds much better.

A depleted Hawthorn still managed to get pretty close.

I think Hawthorn at full strength are still the most dangerous side in the competition. Just a matter if they can get up to that stage again.

Freo are a serious chance, they've got a good run home and are flying under the radar a bit, which is kind of ridiculous. God, I just hope it's either them or Port. Fuck the Swans.

Bonnie, you're on fire lately with being right.

Really on fire, not "The Edge is on fire" bullshit form of on fire.

Marcus Bontempelli with his dad

BqKxoj5CcAEzq6z.jpg

And to think that after a couple of games this year there were a bunch of media commentators being all "oh look Paul Roos hasn't done anything for the Dees, they're still a hopeless rabble!"

Nope. He's working his magic.

Caught a bit of Sunrise this morning, unfortunately. They were interviewing a prominent NFL player as 7 have the rights to show NFL matches for 5 years, and totally predictable, Kochie goes off on a tangent about the AFL and then gives the guy Port merchandise, name drops Chad Wingard for no reason at all, and turns what is an interview about the guy into yet another Port promotional pitch. The worst thing is that you could see it coming from a mile away.

That's pathetic, has Eddie McGuire ever done anything like this?

Probably. But at least it was in a footy forum like the footy show or something.

I think he did however give Usain Bolt a pies jersey at one stage.

Didn't Usain Bolt also get a West Coast jumper too? Or was that somebody else?

Majak Daw under investigation for sexual assault dating back to 2007. Was arrested and interviewed on May 25. He would have been in year 10 at our school, I was the year above. Don't recall hearing anything. Could be the end of the road for the big fella.

Majak Daw under investigation for sexual assault dating back to 2007. Was arrested and interviewed on May 25. He would have been in year 10 at our school, I was the year above. Don't recall hearing anything. Could be the end of the road for the big fella.

Shit, not good at all. Surprised it took this long to come out if the arrest was almost a month ago.

Thanks, looks like I'm injecting the right amount of Venusian punk rock into my posts!

Just be careful not to go all... invisible on us.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. And yes, until yesterday I'd forgotten U2 had released a single this year too.

Halfway decent start by the Tiges tonight, but you know it won't last.

It would be funny as fuck if Sydney lost this match. I really don't think they will, but a crash and burn after relentless hype is always great for everyone except fans of the team.

It would be funny as fuck if Sydney lost this match.

I'll laugh and laugh and laugh.

But, this is Richmond v.2014. They could be up by ten goals at three-quarter time and I wouldn't blame Tigers fans for still expecting a loss.

Ellis just booted the ball out on the full from a throw in, not far from where the umpire took the throw in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom