The 2014 AFL Thread with Wankard and Big Mummy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*inspirational* warm-up talking from Sanderson, telling Pods that Walker and Jenkins are 'kids.'

Footy thread, I've got a bet for you: BT will call Walker "Big Boy". Multiple times.

Here's to hoping that we don't flop again and that BT has plenty of his typical moments.

How many variations on "Big Tex" do they want to use?

How many goals do both teams want to miss?

Amazing goal by Eddie Betts but he was totally out of bounds.

It's the Eddie Rule now. Because every time it happens he kicks a miraculous goal.

First time in a long while we've been getting a bad deal from the umpires.

First time in a long while we've been getting a bad deal from the umpires.

Yeah, last week was a long while ago. :wink:

But for once I agree - some soft calls in that quarter. Not that it seems to have hurt you much at all.

From what I've observed, that last Betts goal should have been a behind...but then the quality of the stream is pretty bad. It's tough to tell exactly far over the line the footy was.

Yeah, last week was a long while ago. :wink:

But for once I agree - some soft calls in that quarter. Not that it seems to have hurt you much at all.

I didn't think the umpires were responsible for last week. :lol: I think we've had a decent run this year overall.

The one that Harvey got paid was an annoyance because if paid consistently you'd have 3 free kicks every minute.

From what I've observed, that last Betts goal should have been a behind...but then the quality of the stream is pretty bad. It's tough to tell exactly far over the line the footy was.

Seemed almost borderline, umpires call.

Yeah, that goal was impossible to tell on the replays. I'm willing to go with the umpire, who was in the best position of anybody.

I think we've had a decent run this year overall.

Let's be honest - you could've fooled all of us!

I don't know his name, but the Roos' coach delivers quality reactions when you're watching a match on mute. I don't know how he's survived all of those 4th quarter losses.

BT's pronunciation of Dangerfield. :laugh:

DANGER DANGER DANGER!

I don't know his name, but the Roos' coach delivers quality reactions when you're watching a match on mute. I don't know how he's survived all of those 4th quarter losses.

That's Brad Scott (twin brother of Geelong's Chris Scott), and if he dies before he turns fifty it will be the fault of his players over the last eighteen months.

The way North Melbourne are playing so far, the umpires could give fifties every minute against the Crows and it still wouldn't make a difference.

That said, we can't yet say which North Melbourne has shown up, on the evidence of last week.

Ouch, those last couple of turnovers could come back to really hurt Adelaide.

The worst thing is that these sort of turnovers are commonplace for us just about every week, we concede goals constantly in the last 90 seconds of quarters this way.

Very timely goal on the siren there for Betts.

I just don't get how North Melbourne seem to randomly flick a switch that turns them from a hasty, aimless, disorganised team into a smooth, well-oiled scoring machine or vice versa. The team that played out the last third of the second quarter felt like a totally different team to the one that was down 48-8.

They started to run the ball, and of course there was that one goal through an idiotic HTB that gave them momentum. The other two were directly due to our turnovers.

Starting to look rather unlikely that North will repeat their feat of last week.

And good god Jonathan Brown really copped it in the Brisbane/GWS game. Losing him is the last thing the Lions need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom