The 2014 AFL Thread Chasing a Place in the Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I reckon if they can beat Sydney they'd be a red hot chance.

God I hope so. Knocking off the Swans in Sydney would certainly be ominous for the rest of the competition. I just don't know if they can take down Hawthorn. The Swans seem to be favourites right now but I reckon this premiership is the Hawks' to lose.

Would they really be hard to tell apart if they both wore their regular uniforms anyway?

But where would we be without Angry Anderson or Meatloaf's trainwrecks to laugh at?

Would they really be hard to tell apart if they both wore their regular uniforms anyway?

Same bullshit happened earlier this year with the Eagles at Subi.

Tigers and Carlton played each other in their traditional guernseys in a final last year, and that was a bigger clash.

Utter joke. Chad, smash the AFL's prince charmings.

Do Richmond not have an away uniform? I thought that after Essendon got strong-armed into that grey atrocity, Collingwood was the only holdout.

Hang on - they've got that jumper with extra yellow. If you can't tell that apart from Port, you need a fucking eye test.

Can't wait for North to be told blue and white is just too close to red and black and they need to find a new jumper too.

Hang on - they've got that jumper with extra yellow. If you can't tell that apart from Port, you need a fucking eye test.

Exactly. We wore that one with the yellow side panels last year away to Port and it was fine. We should just go with that.

Most "clash" strips are worn when it's unnecessary to do so anyway.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Well, in good news, I see the AFL has just agreed to let Port wear their heritage prison bars uniform if they can produce the jumpers in time. That's a pretty big win for them, but it's ridiculous it got to this point. Home final, you get to choose your uniform, simple as that.

And come on, Essendon and Richmond used to play each other in the days of black and white telly with nothing to distinguish them except the away team wearing white shorts and everybody seemed to cope just fine.

Port only get to play in the prison bars if the guernseys are made on time, and they still have to wear white shorts. I don't even get this. It's just a pissweak bribe.

One hundo, Ax - seriously, this is in the days of 50 inch HD tvs, and how many games have been won and lost because players accidentally kicked the ball to someone wearing a guernsey with a completely different bold colour?

I'm all for Port wearing the prison bars (would be happy to see it become permanent even though, of course, Collingwood own the black and white stripes in the world of sport)...

But how on earth does this resolve the supposed (mythological in my opinion) "clash" between Richmond and Port Adelaide's home guernseys? They both still are predominantly black?!

I saw something that apparently the AFL decided the Richmond clash uniform was "not appropriate" for finals. How the fuck does that make any sense?

Anyway I don't see why Richmond's clash uniform isn't just an inversion of their regular one (same for Essendon or any other club in other competitions with a sash).

Congrablers to Lewis Taylor. Brisbane got some good talent coming through. Honestly, there are so many promising young lists developing that I can't help but go against the tide and suspect that the next decade isn't going to be completely dominated by GWS and Gold Coast.

edit: this post originally had the name of the cunt who worked with that other cunt mackamore fuck it I worked all day

I am honestly surprised Bontempelli didn't win Rising Star. I barely noticed this Brian Ryan Lewis Taylor guy.

And hey, tipping continues into finals - and points are reset to zero! Travis, you may be minor premier but you're going doooowwwnnn. And I hope some of our dropouts (paging Bonnie, Cobbler, Ashley) jump back on board for the final four weeks.

According to The Age Paddy Ryder is going to walk out of Essendon.

I'd seen some rumblings about this last week but they seemed to be baseless, just absurd speculation of the sort that "oh well his partner's from Queensland and they're getting married in Port Douglas (because NOBODY wants to go get married in a beautiful tropical setting) so he MUST want to go to the Lions" and a couple of journalists had run with it on slow news days. But the Age seems a bit more confident, so we'll see... it'd be a serious blow if we lose him.

AFL readying itself for a eight-way tie in the Brownlow this year. It really is, and always is, a distinct possibility that you could have a whole stack of players fall on 21 votes or something. Some eligible, some ineligible. Would be utterly farcical and probably spur sweeping changes to the current system if it happened.

Jordan Lewis is being discussed as a dark horse. A super reliable, gutsy player who would be a fantastic winner. Would be a similar winner to Bartel in '07.

Daniel Jackson retires effective immediately.

A real shame, his 2013 was great from what I recall, and then injuries came ...

Back
Top Bottom