The 2014 AFL Thread Chasing a Place in the Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched 10 minutes of this and Carlton were playing as if they really couldn't care less. It is a pretty meaningless match for them in any case.

Am I the only person who struggles to take seriously a player called Jonas? I mean, do his brothers also play footy?

Port being utterly brutal - if they were kicking straight some oldass famous records would be in trouble. Carlton back to their witch-hat like best.

Still not sure if it's worth changing the avatar yet - Wingsy done good and bad tonight.

Well done carlton grats on matching jake neade

:lol:

Binguard still not back to his early season form. Port are going to need him to rediscover it if they want to go deep into September, but the rest of the team's resurgence is encouraging. God I hope Essendon don't have to play this mob in an elimination final.

Mick's worst ever loss as coach is 112 points. Come on Port, let's set a new record.

They've probably already installed a heavy duty security fence between MM and the journos in the conference room.

103 points, fuck me. Only the fourth time Port's ever won by 100+, and just think how it could've been so much more if they'd been on target. Given the opponent, I thoroughly enjoyed watching that.

Mick's going to eat at least one journo/player alive tonight.

Ugh I hate delayed broadcasts so much and I've largely given up on them, but I really want to watch North vs Adelaide so I guess I'll have to ignore this thread, etc. Good luck Vlad. I'm not even sure who I want to win this one.

I must admit, the prospect of an elimination final being a Showdown (or a Derby, depending on how results turn out) is quite mouthwatering, as a neutral. Have there been any Showdown or Derby finals before? None come to my mind right now but I'm guessing it must've happened at least once?

Yet again we haven't turned up to play. For fuck's sakes, you're trying to consolidate a place in the finals, how do you not give a shit?

Ah fuck it, I have an Internet, let's stream this shit.

Commentator - missed who it was - remarks that Jude Bolton has an average of four goals at this ground... at which he's played once. Oooh yeah that's a really meaningful "average", dickhead.

Nice to see we're sticking to tradition. Careless lazy football, conceding a goal in the first and last minute of the quarter.

I just want to see a team that fucking cares. We win this and we've made the finals basically.

Anybody got a working stream for Essendon vs Gold Coast? The only one on StreamHunter doesn't work right now.

Worryingly shit start by Essendon. Just lacking flow and accuracy.

Getting back into it now Vlad... and I'm relieved Essendon have managed to get a fraction in front, but our accuracy was really disappointing and the Suns look good.

Vlad I hope you're not going to complain about being in front at half time. :lol:

I am, because we had like the last dozen inside 50s and we're only up by one point. :sigh: This is the sort of thing that bites us in the ass every time.

Yeah the goal accuracy was disappointing, no doubt there - but still a good effort to reel it back and you dominated the Roos for half of that quarter.

Essendon and Gold Coast both blowing a shit-tonne of opportunities today.

I've gotta say, as a Richmond supporter, I would like nothing more than an Adelaide and Essendon loss this afternoon, sorry lads. Because if we do what needs to be done tomorrow against the Saints, we'd be 7th at the end of this round!

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Richmond can beat both St Kilda and Sydney, you're in the finals regardless of other results. That would be fucking exciting, and I'd love to see a hungry and in-form Richmond take down Sydney.

After some tense moments, Essendon have a handy half-time lead now. Zaharakis got a great goal just before the siren. Still, second half should be a cracker. And hey, what do you know, Crows are up by a couple of goals now!

It's fascinating at both ends of top eight. If Sydney win and Geelong win tonight (with their comparatively weak %), Sydney might even do a Freo and rest key players next week with the minor premiership as good as sealed. That would be great for us with a top eight position on the line.

That said, a full strength Swans outfit and I'd say the odds would be well against us.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Back
Top Bottom