The 2013 AFL Thread Not Under ASADA Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah, the commentary on the Footy Live app was having a laugh halfway through the last quarter... "A missing football team's report has been issued. They are wearing a red singlet with a GC logo. If found please return to Skilled Stadium because we want a contest!"

Lololol.

Tomorrow is going to be the worst.

Can Buddy trip over the traffic cones? Will Cyril accidentally kick the ball into one of them? Will this be the 200+ point rout we all kind of hope it will be?

Hah, the commentary on the Footy Live app was having a laugh halfway through the last quarter... "A missing football team's report has been issued. They are wearing a red singlet with a GC logo. If found please return to Skilled Stadium because we want a contest!"

Lololol.

Hahaha no kidding.

That Winderlich goal is pretty awesome, but I agree, the Ablett one is better. Freakishly good goal.

Ablett is ridiculous to watch. He is in a separate class above the next tier of elite midfielders in the league (Cotch, Watson, Dangerfield, Pendles)

That was always going to be a goal, because it was Ablett who kicked it.

Hawthorn should be slaughtering Melbourne but they're 3.9 at the first break. Appalling.

Thanks to free tickets, I'm off to North vs St Kilda. Can't wait to see North choke again and rob me of another tip. :lol:

They're crushing the Saints right now, which means they're definitely going to lose.

Kin oi just say, I love the complete lack of media trash talk in this game. I mean yeah, you get it sometimes, but it's more a slap on the wrist compared to things I've seen internationally. Instead you get ridiculously (and unrealistically) nice things being said about the opposition, like Woosha saying Richmond's premiership window is about to open. You'd think this would only happen in Canadian leagues.

Can't believe North actually crushed the Saints. We were in the North Melbourne section and the fans were just going crazy during the first quarter. Great atmosphere. Saints just had no consistency or fluidity and looked garbage all game - by half time even the choke couldn't save them! :lol:

Rumours doing the rounds Neeld's gone.

Melbourne should get Gary Ayres immediately. Better coach now than he was, would be a great "face" as he's very good with PR/media and he's a ripping bloke to boot.

Any developments? It seems to me that, although Neeld is part of the rot, he's not the only problem by far, and some other Melbourne figures really need to go. Do they seriously think chopping and changing coaches is the way to fix things? They're going to have a hard time finding enthusiastic candidates, I'm sure...

It's like the Eagles just gave up at quarter time. Man, even North Melbourne plays to three quarter time.

Same old shit, really. They can't kick straight. At 9.5 instead of 5.9, they'd at least have a chance.

I mean, holy shit, they're down by 50 and actually leading inside 50s. Pathetic.

I thought the Eagles had finally sorted out their miserable inaccuracy. Clearly not.

It can't just be the usual accuracy woes. There doesn't seem to be any fight at all.

I was kidding, too, also I'm not gonna say I give up on this football team or anything like that, I'm just really in disbelief. Not that the Subi home game has really meant anything all year...

Our best win for the season by far, difficult to fathom how we could lose so insipidly at home to Essendon and then the following week, go out and outplay the Eagles in the far West.

Forget Wines, the Norwich has to go to either Vlastuin or O'Meara

We got robbed one goal early. If it's ever in doubt, do a review, don't just play on. I don't like to complain but when all of the commentators do as well, I have to say something. Essendon's defense has been stellar though, granted.

In a match like this one, it could wind up making a difference.

Waite has been brilliant tonight.

Haha they interviewed some random kid over halftime, man he was a keeper.

"About how many people do you reckon will be here on Grand Final day?"

"A thousand"

What an embarrassment. The real turnaround play was a miss from a goal that could have been walked in. This team is simply not elite, and neither is Essendon. Hawthorn and Sydney are on a different level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom