The 2013 AFL Thread Not Under ASADA Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just turned on Sydney/Essendon. Really ugly first half from the Bombers, but I'm fairly confident that this should remain entertaining. We have a very significant match with them next week and I actually haven't seen them play yet this season.

Kardinia Park looks fab now except when you have to play there and you're not Geelong.

75m goal, holy shit!

To who?

I was thinking of finding a stream, but the score right now makes me think I'd probably rather not.

Kardinia Park looks fab now except when you have to play there and you're not Geelong.

Haha yeah. That's why I think Gold Coast probably won't fare as well against Geelong as they did last week against Hawthorn. Kardinia is a fortress. Also, last week's fine showing would've served as a wake-up call to the Cats to make sure they take the Suns seriously, which means they'll probably tear the Suns' limbs off quickly and methodically.

Would love it to turn into a close encounter though.

Hey, I haven't asked a newbie question in a while, but I've got one now:

When you've got a set shot on goal and the kick goes out on full, what has to happen for there to be a change of possession? Is it the lack of a bounce? I saw a kick go well wide in this match that resulted in a throw in, but I think it bounced once and went into the stands.

Hey, I haven't asked a newbie question in a while, but I've got one now:

When you've got a set shot on goal and the kick goes out on full, what has to happen for there to be a change of possession? Is it the lack of a bounce? I saw a kick go well wide in this match that resulted in a throw in, but I think it bounced once and went into the stands.

If you kick the ball out on the full, the other team gets to kick it back into play; if it bounces before it goes out, it's a throw in. Mistakes in calling it out on the full happen though.

Jason Winderlich, it was a beauty.

Nice, at least there's something positive for us for the highlights reel! I see we're 25 points off the pace at the final break. In 2012 we were I think 48 points or so behind and came to within four - and lost a chance for a kick at goal after the siren - so I'll just quietly hope for a comeback again. :wink:

If you kick the ball out on the full, the other team gets to kick it back into play; if it bounces before it goes out, it's a throw in. Mistakes in calling it out on the full happen though.

:up: Cheers, that's what I figured.

91 boundary throw-ins, one away from the all-time record :hyper:

91 boundary throw-ins, one away from the all-time record :hyper:

I'm guessing that's led to some pretty unattractive footy?

Looks like we've let Sydney get away at the end - was hoping we'd at least hold them to a 20-25 point margin. Ah well. At least I'm vindicated in not bothering to find a stream. :lol:

96! SMASHED the record! :lol: Yeah, that had to have been the longest game of footy I've ever witnessed.

Huge game next week for Carlton; they can catch up with Essendon and place themselves in very strong contention down the stretch with a win. Should be very close, I think Essendon is the better side as they can compete with anyone, but Carlton has shown a great deal of improvement in both quality and health. In addition, Eddie Betts will be returning from his suspension, so that will give us some added firepower.

We were 6-4 at this point last season too, but the difference is obvious since we've won 6 of 7, compared to last year's embarrassing dropoff into irrelevance that started with a beating from Essendon.

Really not looking forward to playing the Suns in Queensland. They've improved dramatically.

Is that what their supporters actually yell?

As much as I would rue losing the tip, it'd be hilarious if the Suns can keep this up and pull the upset of the year.

The quarter time score is an optometrist's delight. Yes, that's right it's 20-20 at the end of the first quarter.

Shut up, AFL.com. You just SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

The quarter time score is an optometrist's delight. Yes, that's right it's 20-20 at the end of the first quarter.

Shut up, AFL.com. You just SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

:lol:

Gold Coast looking good, and honestly Geelong shouldn't be ten points in front at half-time - I don't say that just because Gold Coast were inaccurate in the second quarter either. There was a really dodgy goal review decision that was ruled inconclusive (and thus Geelong got the goal on umpire's call) when the Suns' McKenzie quite clearly touched the ball with his hand.

Stunned the Suns look so good, even after how excellent they were last week. Their intensity has been great. This game does not at all look like a stereotypical game against an expansion club.

Gold Coast up by twelve! BOY OH BOY WOWEE GEE WHIZ!

Danny must be shitting himself.

Suddenly they look fucking good. I expect Geelong will get home, but goddamn this has been some exciting footy. The people who've been saying Gold Coast may be in the eight next year might be onto something (I still reckon it's two years away myself). Their intensity, their skill, their cohesion as a team - if only they'd been accurate in the second, they'd have a handy lead!

Geelong starting to move ahead now but Gazza just kicked one of the goals of the season. That was fucking incredible.

Really disappointed that Gold Coast couldn't hold on in the final quarter to at least keep it within 20-30. They managed to hold their own against Hawthorn last week in the final quarter (even the third when they blew the game wasn't that bad, really). Scoreline doesn't at all reflect how good Gold Coast looked. They'll definitely be a force in a couple of seasons. Besides the handful of established stars that they poached, players like O'Meara, Harbrow, Hall, McKenzie, and Bennell are going to be superstars.

So, uh, looks like we'll lose the next 6 matches with the teams we have up next.

But laughing at Port who lost to the Dogs.

Fucking Port costing me a tip. Looked like they had that game wrapped up at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom