The 2013 AFL Thread Not Under ASADA Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you turn off and miss five of the most exciting minutes of footy of the year? :lol:

We were like 5 goals down when I turned off. :laugh: And I was like, shit, we're fucking awful. Reilly had just made a terrible blunder. As I said I moped around after that then went back on to see the meltdowns everywhere.

Holy shit, Kerridge, what a player!

Funnily enough, Footy Flashbacks had the Essendon/North game from the early 2000s where North lead by something like 10 goals at one stage but ended up wasting it.

We were like 5 goals down when I turned off. :laugh: And I was like, shit, we're fucking awful. Reilly had just made a terrible blunder. As I said I moped around after that then went back on to see the meltdowns everywhere.

Holy shit, Kerridge, what a player!

Funnily enough, Footy Flashbacks had the Essendon/North game from the early 2000s where North lead by something like 10 goals at one stage but ended up wasting it.

Haha, I thought you might've done that! I didn't even get my tip and I was still cheering that winning goal - it was just an amazing sequence of play for a few minutes. Didn't think it could happen and then with two minutes to go and twelve points in it suddenly it felt possible and Adelaide rolled with the momentum. North played like complete morons and Adelaide seemed to pull some special effort and endurance out of thin air. Sanderson had the biggest grin on his face - and oh man Brad Scott, he's going to mutilate his players.

Love that Essendon/North game.

Bigfooty has crashed.

In the brief moment that it was working just before, I noticed somebody bumped their biggest choke thread. :lol:

I don't know whether to feel sorry for the North fans but then so many of them were so assured of a 5 goal win so I think I'm going to laugh instead.

I'm just stunned that the game is evidently competitive thus far. I'm sure Hawthorn probably aren't taking it seriously, but carn the Suns!

I think they'll be taking them more seriously next time! They're definitely on the way up.

I don't know whether to feel sorry for the North fans but then so many of them were so assured of a 5 goal win so I think I'm going to laugh instead.

What happened, did North get confused and go home 15 minutes early?? I lost the tip too... my work tips are going to be awful after this round. *L*

Tipped 8 this week and took the top spot :dance: Everything's coming up Milhouse!

EDIT: Err, tied for first. That's OK; I'm willing to share the glory.

I feel for North. I like them and want them to do well.

Someone tweeted they'd lost by four, three and two points, in that order, this year.

Yep, it's sad but true: they lost by four points in round two (vs Geelong), three points in in round five (vs Hawthorn), two points in round eight (vs West Coast), and now one point in round nine.

When's the draw? Next week against St Kilda actually is a realistic possibility. (Speaking of the Saints, can't believe we haven't discussed their stunning loss to the Doggies.)

Good round of footy this one (aside from our loss last night). Went to the Hawthorn vs Gold Coast match today. Beautiful day for football and what a show by the Coast midfield. Ablett, O'Meara, Prestia and Swallow are force to be reckoned with in the midfield. Probably a top flight ruckman and a big bodied key forward away from being a top eight side.

Franklin again is in the headlines (despite kicking three out on the full with 10 minutes which is pitiful), but Mitchell, Lewis and Hill lead the way for Hawthorn today. All were exceptional.

Would have loved to have watched the North Melbourne vs Adelaide match. Sounded like a classic. Feel for North Melbourne.

400887_10151937038984348_2097491828_n.jpg

I had to stop at about ten seconds in because I was laughing so hard at the music.

Then I pressed play and started laughing again.

I'm still not even like half a minute into this thing, I got no idea what I'm in for.

At Etihad for the Foxtel Cup match between Werribee and Queanbeyan. Estimated crowd 200.

By the way, did you guys know Queanbeyan is in NSW, not ACT?!

Estimated crowd 200.

Awkward.

Might be part of the 200 who show up for North Melbourne vs St Kilda on Sunday. Somebody at work has free tickets so I'm thinking of taking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom