The 2013-14 AFL Thread Coached By Paul Roos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Also known as the Richmond Finals Fairytale Memorial Thread.

Hate it had to be them.

Knocking out Collingwood would have been far more satisfying. I'm thrilled right now, but it's with a caveat.

Richmond will be back next year at least. They're a clearly improving team.

I go away for one weekend and Geelong loses to Freo at Geelong, Richmond loses to Carlton and Tone is PM. Wtf.

At least Port beating Collingwood is a good result.

What an electric atmosphere at the MCG. Never have I witnessed (or heard) it so loud and intense at an AFL game. Far better than Friday night. Was amazing to be there. Heartbreaking loss but shit happens.

Carlton simply outclassed us in the second-half. There is no scapegoat (although dropping Foley was an interesting decision). Bit by bit, we're on the up. The minimum requirement for next year is to finish 6th, but realistically we should be pushing for 4th. Another big preseason needed.

We probably wouldn't have challenged Sydney in Sydney next week, but I think Carlton might be capable of an upset.

Imagine 9th place in the Prelims?!

It's a great result for Port. Even if I can't stand Koshie (and Monfries) Hinkley is a gem.

I'm definitely team Freo. Used to play with Mick Barlow at primary/high school. Hopefully they at least make the Granny.

I don't suppose any of this is a result of the tension that had apparently developed between Buckley and some of the playing group? I'd be surprised to see so many big names go all at once.

Russell after just the one season? Damn, Bucks is going gangbusters. Not surprised about Didak, and I guess Krak is getting on.

I don't suppose any of this is a result of the tension that had apparently developed between Buckley and some of the playing group? I'd be surprised to see so many big names go all at once.

I suspect there's a bit of truth to it. Didn't see Bucks' post-game interview but supposedly he dropped the word 'culture' a fair bit. Could be more heads to roll.

And now Heath Shaw might go too? Bucks really is swinging the axe ferociously if that's the case.

Also rumours that O'Brien is wanting out as well - a mass exodus of sorts?

Of all the actual and rumoured departures, this would surprise me the least given his prior disagreements with Buckley.

At this rate all they'll be left with is Travis Cloke and his inaccurate boots!

Collingwood Line up for Round 1 2014

B: None B.Reid None
HB: C. Young None None
C: J. Thomas B. Sinclair L.Ball
HF: S.Dwyer J.Paine None
FF: J.Elliot T.Cloke A.Fasolo
R: Grundy Swan Pendles
Interchange : None
Sub: None

I don't know about that - especially since it's at ANZ, not the SCG.

Sorry Danny, but goddamn this is exciting. Love it when the plucky underdogs bring it.

Monfries tearing it up so far tonight. Can we have him back at the Bombers?

This is weird. I still don't think Port are really all that great, they did take advantage of a deplorable Collingwood.

Hinkley has done well in taking an ordinary list to the finals.

Back
Top Bottom