The 2013-14 AFL Thread Coached By Paul Roos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I stand corrected. Freo were given white shorts, being lower ranked team, and had a choice between white and purple top, and went with the former.

I stand corrected. Freo were given white shorts, being lower ranked team, and had a choice between white and purple top, and went with the former.

Wait, wait, Freo chose to go with the white top?

Oh man. Just when I was getting so excited about them they make a dumb decision like this. Purple guernsey and white shorts would've been fine.

Yeah, it's a little strange, but whatever. Personally, I think they should have gone with the classics:
141975-dockers_zps59c6148b.jpg

freocry.gif
(im gonna abuse the hell out of this gif over the next week)

Wait wait... the white shorts are for lower ranked teams? I thought they were for the away side, although lately I've noticed that both teams wear their coloured shorts a lot of the time. So confused.

White shorts are for the away team in regular season. In the grand final, as it is technically a neutral venue, the higher ranked team gets normal shorts and lower get white.

I think, anyway.

Alright, I need help before I put my Brownlow bets on tonight. Vlad, you saw a lot of Adelaide, who will poll most for them? Likewise inte and Richmond, and hell anyone else who saw a lot of AFL footy.

Dangerfield, reasonably confident about that even though Sloane won the B&F.

Martin to poll more than Cotchin this season. More consistently good and a couple of certain three votes.

It is quite likely that one of these years, we could see something like a seven-way tie for the Medal. A whole logjam of players on 21 or 22 votes or something.

That would probably end the count as we know it and a new system would be introduced.

I'm surprised anybody thinks Gaz won't absolutely run away with it. How could it even be close?

I suppose the one thing goingagainst him is that he doesn't play in as many winning teams as Sam Mitchell, K-Jack and Selwood. Gold Coast have been competitive this season, but In games where they have lost the umpires might be inclined to give him 1s and 2s rather than threes. We'll see.

Regardless of what happens tonight, everyone knows that he is the most talented footballer going around at the moment.

$20 on a $41.73 multi for Dangerfield, Judd, Swan, Fyfe, Jones, Cotchin, Priddis and Cameron to poll most for their clubs.

$20 on $3.95 Ablett-Freo double. (fuckin short odds!)

I think (and hope) Gazza wins Bonnie, but Selwood would be nice too.

You might not be wrong Alex - there was a three-way in the Liston and four-way tie in the Morrish (TAC Cup)...

I forget how he managed to win a Brownlow.

One day Dangerfield's going to romp to one judging by how he's polling tonight. Port fans everywhere are furious.

I didn't think his season was that good either.

Actually I wouldn't rate it any better than just good.

Good stuff. :up: Deserving winner (even despite the occasional diving tendencies).

Back
Top Bottom