The 2010-2011 NBA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeebus, even I know when Impy said "prognosticators" he was referring to the so called experts on ESPN and in sports publications, and I eat paste for lunch and dinner everyday.

Luckynumber7, do you work as an anlayst for ESPN or NBATV?
If not, you should not take what Impy said personally.

And I understand that, after it's been stated (rather than after a nice sarcastic post going on about 'Maybe he was referring to the prognosticators. Just maybe.')

Where in the post does it say anything about the so called experts on ESPN? All it says is 'backpedaling prognosticators'. Right after he was busy talking to me about 'my team'. And right after I was 'backpedaling'.

Let's see, Impy posted something that pretty clearly stated it wasn't about you. Less than a month ago, you made this post:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f223/2010-nba-finals-and-beyond-206308-55.html#post6978402

Which pretty clearly seemed directed at anyone who questioned the Heat's chemistry, especially Hewson in the post prior to that. And you're trying to lecture US about being clear with subjects?

I'm not lecturing anybody. You quoted me. I justified what I said. I thought he was talking to me. All you had to do was say that he wasnt talking to me. Instead, you had to go on all 'maybe he was referring to the 'prognosticators'. Maybe.' or whatever it was along those lines.

Let's see, Impy posted something that pretty clearly stated it wasn't about you. Less than a month ago, you made this post:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f223/2010-nba-finals-and-beyond-206308-55.html#post6978402

Which pretty clearly seemed directed at anyone who questioned the Heat's chemistry, especially Hewson in the post prior to that. And you're trying to lecture US about being clear with subjects?

Ah, but see, though I said
Wait till Chris Bosh gets pissed that he averages 3 shots a game and starts lacing the weed he sells to Lebron with rat poison, then we'll see about dynasty.

And 7 replied with
There's no way Bosh is getting 3 shots per game. The ball is going to be cycled around between the 3. Shit, I hate when people pull out the race card but honeslt if these were 3 white athletes everybody would just shut the **** up about "who gets the final shot?" or "who's team is it?" or any of that nonsense.

7 didn't quote me in his post therefore he obviously wasn't speaking to me or referring to me as racist, or at least had an out when I took umbridge with his statement.

Don't you get it man? (that was to Peef, not Lucky7)

Here's something we can all agree on: LuckyNumber7 is gonna need some thicker skin to get by in the sports forum.

Where in the post does it say anything about the so called experts on ESPN? All it says is 'backpedaling prognosticators'. Right after he was busy talking to me about 'my team'. And right after I was 'backpedaling'.

I think its implied with the "prognositcators" part...are you paid to predict the NBA?

Yeah! And who's this Jeebus you're referring to?

tebow-christ2.jpg

You really shouldn't take the fact that we all think LeBron is a pussy and want to see the Heat fail as a personal slight. We'd be saying the same things if you weren't here.

I have to put up with people talking shit about the Cowboys week in and week out, but I realize none of it is talking shit about me personally. Nut up.

I dont doubt it. Before LeBron James was with the Heat I didn't like him either. I really have no option but to like him now.

Point is on that quote it wasnt me taking something so personal... rather than me assuming you were talking to me because you quoted me and you were already tlaking to me.

I'm not lecturing anybody. You quoted me. I justified what I said. I thought he was talking to me. All you had to do was say that he wasnt talking to me. Instead, you had to go on all 'maybe he was referring to the 'prognosticators'. Maybe.' or whatever it was along those lines.
You're doing the same exact thing to Impy you thought everyone was doing to you, only Impy made his subject clear and you didn't. It's like the black pot calling the silver kettle black.*

*Way to pull the race card, PFan.

My biggest question heading into tonight's opener:

How do you defend Kevin Durant?

Double team? Knee him in the balls? What?

Gotta back up my man Hewson here: Head in a Suitecase's new avatar is such an instant classic, I wish Gus was here to deem it so.

I want to chime in on the heat. I kind of disagree and agree at the same time. I do not think this team needs to be worried after one game. I do think they will figure out how to win games....lots of games. Not 70...maybe 60. I'm thinking it will be similar to the Cavs of the last few years.

The worry that I have is the same idea. I think it will be a lot like the Cavs of the last few years. Headache is exactly right. Unless LeBron works hard to learn a system that is not 1 on 1 ball where other stand and watch, good teams will beat him and his teammates. That's the beauty of basketball, it's a team game. Someone has to teach this idea to LeBron, but nobody has. However, LeBron will have to be willing to learn, and I wonder if that would ever happen.

The Heat will be fine. They'll win lots of games. But I can't see them winning a championship this year. Not yet.

I also want to chime in on Mr. 7. My advice is to drop this whole topic that keeps coming up. If you keep dwelling on it...or posting on the fact that you thought someone was talking about you...it won't go away. Move on and others will too. State your opinions and when someone says you are wrong, who cares. And sarcasm will always be present so if someone comes back at you with a snide remark, who cares. Leave it be...because if you respond with the idea that you're being attacked...you'll be attacked more.

Ok, go Bulls.

Ok, go Bulls.

You watchin right now?

For this little month long stretch without Boozer, I feel like Derrick needs to be on the court practically the entire game.

We were fine early in the game when he was in, he was making spectacular drives, he goes out, we start getting run a bit, he comes back, now we're right back in it.

Derrick needs to play something like 45 minutes a game, no joke. If foul trouble permits it.

EDIT: 20 points in the first half, no big deal.

Still a poor looking Heat team right now... had a near 30 point lead diminish into single digits at one point. Also failed to score over 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom