The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure part of the problem is they're a (relatively) new team and have new fans...humility takes time to develop.

After gazing into my crystal ball, I'm predicting a Montreal-Detroit final. Though both teams are under-performing and facing much adversity, I believe they will persevere...but only win team can win. That team is...I'm not sure yet. I couldn't pick out the name of the player holding the cup--but he's definitely wearing a red sweater.

A year ago, I could've said I was looking into my Cristobal. :reject:

Well, Game 6 in Boston on Saturday night. The momentum has completely swung Boston's way. This is worrisome....

On another note, the Caps/Philly game is incredible! Huet made an amazing save where he dived from one side of the net to the other; it was almost like one a soccer goalie would make.

And the Philly fans are so into it! The atmosphere is electric!

I'd be thrilled if the Bs could pull it off, I'd rather see the Flyers face the Rangers than the Pens (assuming those leads hold). And yeah, the Flyers game was pretty intense...I've been impressed with Mike Green, I've never seen him play more than a game or 2.

The Washington-Philadelphia game was something else! (from what I saw in the 3rd and the overtime periods anyway).

Hopefully we'll see more games like that when New Jersey and Boston get taken out! :yes:

The goalie interference in the late 3rd period of the Caps/Flyers game was a bad call, IMO

Yeah it was pretty weak. I don't think it was as horrible as it's being made out. The way I saw the play Timmonen/Biron knocked the puck off of Kozlov, and he probably figured he could run the goalie there and not get called. I'm not sure he could have avoided the contact, but I don't think he wanted to avoid it either, if that makes any sense. Bad call, especially that late in the game, but the officiating has been pretty lousy this postseason from what I've seen anyway. The no goal ruling in the Dallas game was worse, but luckily it didn't cost them. Also some of the calls in the Habs series have been questionable at best.

senrab said:
The goalie interference in the late 3rd period of the Caps/Flyers game was a bad call, IMO

Oh, that was awful. My father and I only watch hockey come playoff time, and we both knew that was bad.

Most people I know are mild Flyers fans who occasionally go see a game and watch the playoffs. Just like me.

It is exciting to watch them play.

This is what makes sports great: no matter how certain something seems on paper, you still have to play the game because you just never know.

Just ask the NE Patriots.

Anyway, it was an awesome game and the Bruins are just outworking, and out-hustling the Canadiens. Carbonneau is also being taken to school by Julien. But it should be a great Game 7 and anything can happen. Whatever does happen, though, Boston deserves it more than the Habs do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom