The 2008 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting tonight, the NFL "offseason" is over. In recognition of that, maybe the other NFL thread should be closed.

Predictions

AFC East

1. New England
2. Buffalo
3. NY Jets
4. Miami

AFC North

1. Pittsburgh
2. Cleveland (WC)
3. Cincinnati
4. Baltimore

AFC South

1. Indianapolis
2. Jacksonville (WC)
3. Houston
4. Tennessee

AFC West

1. San Diego
2. Denver
3. Oakland
4. Kansas City

NFC East

1. Dallas
2. NY Giants (WC)
3. Philadelphia
4. Washington

NFC North

1. Green Bay
2. Minnesota (WC)
3. Chicago
4. Detroit

NFC South

1. New Orleans
2. Carolina
3. Tampa Bay
4. Atlanta

NFC West

1. Seattle
2. Arizona
3. San Francisco
4. St. Louis

Super Bowl

New England over Dallas

The state of the Eagles makes it hard for me to get too excited for this season. I'll be moderately interested.

Solid first half for the Giants. It seems Eli is carrying a lot of confidence with him. He might have a damn good season.

Good overall half, but bad ending, though the facemask call was a big part of that. Still, poor special teams and blown coverage did most of the damage on that drive.

3rd and 17, 2:20 to go? Throw it in the flat! WTF?????

php4DKs96AM.jpg

Fuck. Horrid first half, and the playcalling went to hell in the second half for both teams. Stupid penalties, no offense.

At least we have the Saints at home in 10 days. Maybe by then we'll have learned how to throw in front of the marker instead of three yards behind it.

I don't know who is more to blame for those stupid plays. Jim Zorn for having plays with short routes in the hurry-up offense part of the playbook or Jason Campbell for choosing the short routes over the deep routes.

I'm thinking it's mostly the former, and a little of the latter. Also, they were calling for running plays with 4:00 to go, that's Zorn.

I don't know who is more to blame for those stupid plays. Jim Zorn for having plays with short routes in the hurry-up offense part of the playbook or Jason Campbell for choosing the short routes over the deep routes.

The playcalling was horrid, but I'm pegging this one on Campbell. I'm glad he threw no picks, but he also refused to take any chances, which you need to do in the NFL. Sometimes, you've just got to trust that your deep man can get to the ball even if he's - GASP - in single coverage.

Yeah, that was pretty brilliant of us to only seldom test the Giants' secondary, which is by far the weakest part of the team. When a WCO is running that much more than it's passing, something is wrong. We played scared.

Yeah, that was pretty brilliant of us to only seldom test the Giants' secondary, which is by far the weakest part of the team. When a WCO is running that much more than it's passing, something is wrong. We played scared.

the giants secondary is significantly better than anyone gives them credit for. they were bad like more than a year ago. they've actually been fairly solid since the middle of last season, and they have a ton of young talent that are starting to really come into their own, and that doesn't even count kenny phillips, who's gonna be a stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom