The 2008 MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Numb1075 said:
Hey PhillysFan - wanna trade Utley/Burrell for Pedro, Delgado and a bag of balls?

Considering they are basically 1-2 in every batting category in the majors, I will jump in before the Danimal and veto the hell out of this idea.

Numb1075 said:
obviously it was a joke proposal

but if you don't ask, you never know....

Well I had to make sure. After all, the Phils already have a bag of balls on the team, but for some reason they like to call it "Ryan Howard".

I'm sure the Brewers have a bag of balls they'd like to add if you want to make it a 3-way deal...

The Brewers' bag of balls is currently on the mound in the top of the 9th in a 0-0 game, and just walked the leadoff man.

EDIT: And stranded the go-ahead runner on third.

Last edited:
Erik Bedard had a no-no through 4 today. He ended up going 6.2 innings and giving up only 2 hits.

JJ Putz, however, is still hurting (he must be) as he walked 3 and gave up 2 hits in the 9th tonight. I was at the game.

Tampa Bay is a lot more annoying now that they aren't blowing games with their outfield defense and their bullpen. Also, they can have Julio Lugo back.

Dear John McLaren,

Go fuck yourself and die.

Regards,
The population of Seattle

Dear Safeco Field roof operators:

Don't put the retractable roof up in the middle of an inning. It is a distraction and you, along with John McLaren (the single A bench coach), cost the Mariners a win.

Regards,
The population of Seattle

speedracer said:
Tampa Bay is a lot more annoying now that they aren't blowing games with their outfield defense and their bullpen. Also, they can have Julio Lugo back.

The baby (Devil) Rays are legit. There is some serious young talent on that team.
The Crawford/Upton dynamic is a frightening thing for ANY pitcher to go up against. And Eva Longoria's little brother Evan is gonna be a good one, too.

Once they get Kazmir back healthy, their rotation will be formidable as well.

Tampa Bay, as an organization on the whole, has been quietly getting their shit together. This might be the year that they make a run at a playoff berth.

speedracer said:

Yeah no kidding. At least if they start getting good they might lose some of the bushleague aspects of their team...the cowbells, the cattiness of their homer announcers, the Heckler (actually the Heckler doesn't bug me too much). I still think they need to do something about the catching situation, as I don't think Navarro is the answer especially with their young pitching staff, but otherwise they look to have a very nice young club. I'd rather be in the Rays' position than a lot of other clubs in the league.

Uh oh, The Rocket is back in the news. Now its being reported that he was having a 10 year affair with troubled country singer Mindy McCready. Clemens' wife Debbie allegedly denies the affair saying the singer was just "a close family friend".

It gets worse: Its also been "reported" that the affair started when McCready was 15 years old.

Too much free time spent with Wade Boggs the sex addict eh Roger?

Hewson said:
So worst contract in baseball history...Barry Zito perhaps?

too early to tell. it's certainly up there. but there are others that we forget about... carl pavano, kevin brown, mo vaughn, carl pavano, mike hampton, darren dreifort, ole gil meche, carl pavano.

does seem to be that most of the bad contracts involve pitchers, ironicly enough. only that rascaly mo vaughn made my list.

It is usually pitchers, Denny Neagle comes to mind, but you have the odd position player bust. Jose Offerman, Bobby Bonilla, Julio Lugo is looking pretty bad right now...

1_61_mccready_mindy_070207.jpg

CTU2fan said:
It is usually pitchers, Denny Neagle comes to mind, but you have the odd position player bust. Jose Offerman, Bobby Bonilla, Julio Lugo is looking pretty bad right now...

Danny Tartabull says hello too.

ETA: How could we forget Chan Ho Park?

Last edited:
CTU2fan said:

Nomar Garciaparra and Juan Pierre just flew in from LA. They want to know what's up.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
barry zito just took a lead by a nose over hampton and pavano in the race for worst contract ever.

Seriously, Scott Boras has to be really proud of himself -- he really is a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom