The 2007 NHL Playoffs thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're all invited to come watch the Stanley Cup parade from my balcony in a couple weeks! :wink:

Actually, I was confident they'd make it to the finals - no idea why - but my gut feeling isn't giving me any indication of who will win the Cup. Probably because I don't know much about the Western teams - who should I root for - who will Ottawa have an easier team of beating? Everyone said Anaheim was the stronger team going into the series but Hasek seems to be playing really well.

Sens fever has finally caught on in Ottawa - it was a bit late to do so this year but probably because it was burnt so often in the past.

ladywithspinninghead said:
You're all invited to come watch the Stanley Cup parade from my balcony in a couple weeks! :wink:

You're all invited to come see the unicorn that lives in my backyard, too.

:laugh:

trevster2k said:
I guess the Sens are proving you don't need an amazing goalie to make the Stanley Cup finals.:wink:

Chris Osgood says hello.

More Canadians on the Ducks than any other NHL team so the Cup will spend quite a bit of time here this summer if Ducks win.:wink:

^Yeah, but each player gets to have the Cup and go to their hometowns with it.

That is hilarious watching to see if the captain touches the Campbell trophy. I didn't know Alfredsson touched the Wales trophy, ooh, could be bad.

I didn't like the team picture thing by the Ducks. They didn't do anything yet, they should have just put on their hats, and smiled.

I will explain why the Ducks will win after the Finals based on my theory of winning the Cup which many others share of course.........or not, if they lose.

And what's up with Chelios not shaking hands? Did have to go to the bathroom or something?

trevster2k said:
^Yeah, but each player gets to have the Cup and go to their hometowns with it.

And what's up with Chelios not shaking hands? Did have to go to the bathroom or something?

I was thinking Cleary/Newfoundland...but NOW IT'S ALL OVER :(

Chelios? He definitely shook the hands of those on the bench. I started brushing my teeth after that, so I may have missed any overt snub of the players. Wasn't he crosschecked in the final seconds? I was thinking so, and wondering why a penalty wasn't called.

GO OTTAWA! I knew you could do it :whistle:

trevster2k said:

He is 45 years old, you know. People start having those sorts of problems when they reach that age.

Well, regardless if Ottawa wins or not, I'm glad they've made it this far and have now shed their choker reputation. I'm thinking that might start belonging to Buffalo :yes:

SEN the Cup home!! :wink:

The Ottawa Senators can die in a fucking fire for all I care. FUCKING CUNT BASTARDS. My father is going to lose TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS IN FLIGHT TICKETS, because they are either going to re-schedule or cancel the concert we were supposed to be seeing that clashes with Game fucking 4.

Fucking hell almighty.

They kicked out Roger Waters instead of scheduling around it? They work around circuses and Dora, why not Roger?

trevster2k said:
They kicked out Roger Waters instead of scheduling around it? They work around circuses and Dora, why not Roger?

It hasn't been confirmed yet. There's going to be a press release later today. I don't feel confident about it, to say the least. If they re-schedule the show to the following day, I have no way of getting there. The ONLY way it could possibly work is if Air Canada refund our non-refundable $2000.00 tickets. As ntalwar pointed out, they did that for U2 fans in Australia when all those shows got cancelled. But this is AIR CANADA we're talking about. I've probably got about a 10% chance now of seeing the show I've been looking forward to since March.

I hope the Sens LOSE. :mad: Yeah, I know, this is a shitty reason to curse a hockey team. But I'm upset, disappointed, and very close to tears. I had floor tickets...floor tickets...

LET'S GO DUCKS.

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

The ONLY way it could possibly work is if Air Canada refund our non-refundable $2000.00 tickets.

My cousin works for Air Canada. She's told me before that you have a year from the travel date to credit against another trip in these situations, so you just might be able to pull this off.

This is such needless stress for you...I've never heard of a previously-scheduled event being superseded by a game, especially a concert of this magnitude. That show is apparently one of the hottest tickets ever in Ottawa, from what I've read. Why can't they simply move the game up one day? :eyebrow:

I'll take the blame a little higher...the NHL, and their blind quest to attract an American audience...they've bunched the schedule into a time-frame with the most Saturdays possible. Come hell or high Waters :(

elevated_u2_fan said:
hating a team just for spite :up:

I'd like to officially denounce any positive thing I have ever said about the Ottawa Senators. You guys were right all along. :mad: I realise it's the NHL's/venue's fault that I'm in my current predicament, but I'm going to hate the team just for the hell of it. It's much easier to stick pins into Alfredsson effigies than it is to swear at some faceless businessman.

And thanks AOD...it's comforting to hear that it might not be a total disaster. I've got my fingers crossed. :( I just hope the show doesn't get cancelled altogether. Thank heavens Roger has no shows on the 3rd and the 5th. I'm going out of my mind refreshing the press release page on the venue website every ten minutes...

GibsonGirl said:
I'd like to officially denounce any positive thing I have ever said about the Ottawa Senators. You guys were right all along. :mad: I realise it's the NHL's/venue's fault that I'm in my current predicament, but I'm going to hate the team just for the hell of it. It's much easier to stick pins into Alfredsson effigies than it is to swear at some faceless businessman.

:love:

There is a Canadians who hate the Senators group over on Facebook for anyone interested. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

I'd like to officially denounce any positive thing I have ever said about the Ottawa Senators. You guys were right all along. :mad:

:drool: :shifty:

We'll see how this series develops. I'm feeling the pressure now to support them out of patriotic obligation. As great as Alfredsson has been, I wouldn't be completely against setting his likeness on fire, or poking tiny pins in the arse of an Alfredsson doll.

trevster2k said:
There is a Canadians who hate the Senators group over on Facebook for anyone interested. :wink:

That's pretty evil, and great, all at the same time :heart:

angelordevil said:

My cousin works for Air Canada. She's told me before that you have a year from the travel date to credit against another trip in these situations, so you just might be able to pull this off.

This is such needless stress for you...I've never heard of a previously-scheduled event being superseded by a game, especially a concert of this magnitude. That show is apparently one of the hottest tickets ever in Ottawa, from what I've read. Why can't they simply move the game up one day? :eyebrow:

I'll take the blame a little higher...the NHL, and their blind quest to attract an American audience...they've bunched the schedule into a time-frame with the most Saturdays possible. Come hell or high Waters :(

Complete bullshit. I really hope this ends up working out for you, GG. :(

GibsonGirl said:
The Ottawa Senators can die in a fucking fire for all I care. FUCKING CUNT BASTARDS.

I really do feel sorry for you, because that would of course royally suck, but...wow. I think that's a little over the top.

I hope things work out for you though, that would be a total bummer. :(

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Complete bullshit. I really hope this ends up working out for you, GG. :(

Thanks. :sigh: They still haven't done anything about it. No press releases or anything. And the phone lines in to Scotiabank Place are completely blocked. All we get is pre-recorded rubbish.

Bonochick, do you REALLY think it's over the top? Considering that we have more than likely been screwed out of two thousand dollars, plus tax? Not to mention floor tickets to what is easily THE greatest tour of 2006-2007? And all because of poor last-minute scheduling for ONE hockey game?

Okay, then...

Back
Top Bottom