The 2007 NHL Playoffs thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
angelordevil said:

Last time I checked, Pittsburgh is still in the series. We'll see who the monkeys will be after they win the cup!

Oh, Pittsburgh is still my pick, I was just acknowledging LWSH's pick before the series started. I was admonishing her for agreeing with Bob McKenzie after the playoffs have already started.:wink:

Ah, alas Pittsburgh has been defeated. Ottawa really played well, like a true team. Beyond the sadness, it was exciting to see Crosby in the playoffs...if heroes are born from adversity, he'll be even better next season.

By the way, I prefer Chiquita© bananas :sigh:

Buffalo advances.

I still say Buffalo over Vancouver in 6. Hopefully the Canucks don't choke early.

I like that Buffalo team. Classy bunch of talented guys. I don't like that they beat the Islanders, but I'd like to see them win.

UberBeaver said:
Buffalo advances.

I still say Buffalo over Vancouver in 6. Hopefully the Canucks don't choke early.

I like that Buffalo team. Classy bunch of talented guys. I don't like that they beat the Islanders, but I'd like to see them win.

Easy now, there are still a couple of rounds before we can start popping the champagne for that matchup.:wink:

I have lost a lot of respect for the Calgary Flames after their loss today.

I can understand the sending a message for the next game but what's the point with going on and on with it? Do they think they are intimidating the Red Wings? Is game 6 going to start off with fights and cross-checks, nope. They look like sore losers behaving like children after getting their ass handed to them. Professional hockey players, perhaps not. Want to send a message, spend the last 10 minutes of the period getting your shit together on the ice, so you can have some momentum heading into game 6.

It's the part of hockey which I find totally ridiculous. These players don't get intimidated by anyone , otherwise they wouldn't even be in the NHL in the first place. Rookies probably do but they learn fast.

btw,...what a lowlife slash of that Burrow ( ? ) dude. From behind, on the leg of Morrow.

Rono said:
btw,...what a lowlife slash of that Burrow ( ? ) dude. From behind, on the leg of Morrow.

That's hockey......sadly.:|

Bobby Clarke did it to Valery Kharlamov in '72 taking out the best player for the Soviets.

Sometimes, hockey is a classless game with no regard for sportsmanship except for the handshakes after a series.

inmyplace13 said:
Who's up for a Game 7?

No hard feelings, Thora. :wink:

None taken. It's just a game. :wink:

Although I was pretty pissed off with the reffing tonight. So many penalties. :rant: Not very happy about how the game went, but at least we still have one more chance.

I'm still hopefull the Canucks will pull a victory in Game 7. :up:

You two should have a friendly game seven bet.

Thora should post a Dallas Stars signature for a week if Stars win.

Inmyplace13 should post a Vancouver Canucks signature for a week if Canucks win.

:hyper:

I'm an Oilers fan, stop laughing. So I have no opinion other than my predictions.:wink:

Associated Press

NEW YORK – The NHL came down hard Sunday on Calgary, suspending goalie Jamie McLennan for five games and fining coach Jim Playfair $25,000 and the team $100,000 for actions late in Game 5 of the Flames' first-round series against the Detroit Red Wings.

:up:

RavenBlue said:
What happened?

The Flames were losing 4-1 or 5-1 and had a meltdown. Lots of stick infractions and pushing and shoving after the play. The last 10 minutes of the third period was a mess and challenge for the referees to control.

Jamie McLennan was brought in too relieve Kipper and started wielding the lumber. He first slashed Wings player, Johan Franzen when he was screening in front of him and then got clipped in the face accidentally by Franzen during a tieup in front of the net. So after the whistle went, Franzen skated near the net and McLennan went out and chopped him in the midsection with his stick. Not hard enough to seriously hurt him but hard enough to warrant an immediate 10 minute misconduct and subsequent suspension especially with the recent Chris Simon situation.

:tsk: Wow. That's really bad form there Flames. Really bad. I actually haven't been able to watch the Flames games.. because I found when I did they didn't seem to be playing with any heart... When I watch the Sens or Canucks games they are playing to win.. they Flames just seem like they're biding their time until they get eliminated.

Well, I hope the Canucks can close out the series tonight with a win.

Thank you, Time Warner Cable Austin.

In all of their infinite wisdom, the main cable company of Texas' capitol decided to not show Game 7 of a series featuring the only NHL team in the state.

Fantastic.

ESPN Gamecast really takes the fun out of the game.

Congrats, Canucks fans. Great series.

ScreenHunter_1editfirstround-1.jpg

At least I beat the monkey!!

West

Detroit vs San Jose - San Jose

Anaheim vs Vancouver - Anaheim

East

Buffalo vs New York - Buffalo

New Jersey vs Ottawa - New Jersey

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
Dallas will win this series. More experience, tougher, and Turco looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo relaxed. He is so smooth handling the puck even when Canuck players are fairly close to him. During skirmishes around the net, he just calmly covers the puck or looks around with no panic whatsoever.

The Sedins are playing much better now but I don't like their board play. The cycle thing works ok for a while but they seemed to be physically dominated on the boards by the Dallas defense.

If Naslund goes back into his shell, the Canucks will have no chance unless Roberto shuts down the Stars.

:reject:

trevster2k said:
ScreenHunter_1editfirstround-1.jpg

At least I beat the monkey!!

West

Detroit vs San Jose - San Jose

Anaheim vs Vancouver - Anaheim

East

Buffalo vs New York - Buffalo

New Jersey vs Ottawa - New Jersey

I'll give my forecast BEFORE they begin this time...

I agree with the above except for Ottawa-NJ, I want to believe Ottawa is on a roll this year!

DaveC said:
Aww skeet skeet skeet skeet

Detroit in 5
Anaheim in 4
Nashville in 6
Vancouver in 7

Buffalo in 7
Tampa Bay in 7
New York in 6
Pittsburgh in 6

Anaheim vs. Buffalo in the finals, Anaheim wins in 6.

Bet on it. :wink:

5-3 that round...could have been better, but I nailed Van in 7 and came real close to Ana in 4. On to round 2:

Detroit in 6
Anaheim in 7

Buffalo in 5
New Jersey in 6

I foresee long, rough matchups. :up:

Back
Top Bottom