The 2007 NHL Playoffs thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay Canucks. Poor Flames had a hard go of it tonight.

Through the years, Don Cherry is becoming more and more incomprehensible to me. Though I thought his naming of the troops that died in Afghanistan was very touching.

RavenBlue said:
Through the years, Don Cherry is becoming more and more incomprehensible to me. Though I thought his naming of the troops that died in Afghanistan was very touching.

I completely agree...on both counts! I believe they actually cut quickly to commercial last night because he became so emotional after showing the soldier and his longtime pet dog :( Don does have a lot of heart, but he also seems to be lost sometimes...and his voice cracks so much...I sometimes wonder if he's on the way out.

Before I derail this thread entirely, LET'S GO PENS!!!

AND CANUCKS!!!

AND FLAMES!!!

...those are my three. :wink:

RavenBlue said:
Through the years, Don Cherry is becoming more and more incomprehensible to me.

We'll see what the Americans think of him after he teams up with Brett Hull on NBC broadcasts.

Note to Americans: The vast majority of Canadians do not dress like Mr. Cherry.:wink:

Dave Hodge just made an ass of himself by supporting the 5 minute OT plus shootout in the playoffs instead of marathon overtimes. One OT goes into the 4th period and he advocates dumping the system. Sudden death OT is the greatest part of the playoffs. He whined about staying up too late, well, go to bed Dave. No one is putting a gun to anyone's head to stay and watch the game. If every other OT went to triple OT, he might have an argument but right now, he looks foolish, IMO.

NHL's worst Stanley Cup Final nightmare : Atlanta Thrashers vs Nashville Predators

Canada's dream Stanley Cup Final : Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators

My dream Stanley Cup Final : Anaheim Ducks vs Buffalo Sabres, for the quality of hockey, I could care less about the teams

Oh man, the referee's have got to lay off the penalities. The first period of the Canucks / Stars game tonight had no pace at all, mostly due to the fact that the refs were calling anything they could spot no matter what.

Dallas was clearly the better team tonight. They won 2-0. I had a feeling that would be the outcome about halfway through the game. Canucks rallied relatively well at the end, but it just wasn't enough. And now it's on to Dallas for game 3.

Go Canucks Go! :rockon:

Dallas will win this series. More experience, tougher, and Turco looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo relaxed. He is so smooth handling the puck even when Canuck players are fairly close to him. During skirmishes around the net, he just calmly covers the puck or looks around with no panic whatsoever.

The Sedins are playing much better now but I don't like their board play. The cycle thing works ok for a while but they seemed to be physically dominated on the boards by the Dallas defense.

If Naslund goes back into his shell, the Canucks will have no chance unless Roberto shuts down the Stars.

Those linesmen better learn how to drop the puck during faceoffs, sheesh!!

crystalballbw1.jpg

I'm going out on a limb here, but if Pittsburgh beats Ottawa today, they will win the series, and then go on to win the Stanley Cup. It will be the sports story of 2007.

Check that...it will be the sports story of 2007 in Canada.

I'm also predicting a Vancouver victory in the first round, and early exists for teams with the ugliest uniforms.

I have already exposed my picks for this round.

I will amaze and astound again after second round matchups are decided.:wink:

I gotta say, Sergei Gonchar is awesome at the keeping the puck in at the point whether squeezing it against the boards or even kicking it back in with his skates.

trevster2k said:
I have already exposed my picks for this round.

I will amaze and astound again after second round matchups are decided.:wink:

I'll have you know that 'Amaze and Astound®' is a registered trademark of AOD International...ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

I'm predicting litigation :angry:

It was Road Warrior day in the NHL on Saturday. One goal games.:drool:

I don't care who wins the Cup, all I want are quality games. The refs suck so far and it's affecting the games. I don't mind them calling the soft stuff but call the obvious shit too otherwise its moot. Crosby got cross-checked in the face right in front of the ref, no call. An Islander player, Sean Hill, cross-checked a guy from behind into the boards right in front of the ref, no call. Both incidents occurred with the players fighting for possession of the puck.

trevster2k said:
It was Road Warrior day in the NHL on Saturday. One goal games.:drool:

I don't care who wins the Cup, all I want are quality games. The refs suck so far and it's affecting the games. I don't mind them calling the soft stuff but call the obvious shit too otherwise its moot. Crosby got cross-checked in the face right in front of the ref, no call. An Islander player, Sean Hill, cross-checked a guy from behind into the boards right in front of the ref, no call. Both incidents occurred with the players fighting for possession of the puck.

Yeah, the refs have been inconsistent all season, and it really takes from the game. Either call the penalties, or don't. And don't let them play in the first and then decide to start calling everything in the second, and messes up the flow. It really is annoying.

another OT for the canucks and stars tonite...

it better not go as late as last time... but i want the same result.

Ottawa takes a 3-1 lead :drool:

I have a feeling Pittsburgh just played their last home game...

And for the second time, anyone willing to revise their predictions on this one ? :wink:

ladywithspinninghead said:
Ottawa takes a 3-1 lead :drool:

I have a feeling Pittsburgh just played their last home game...

And for the second time, anyone willing to revise their predictions on this one ? :wink:

Nope, it's set in stone, gotta live with it.

Here are my picks from before along with the TSN crowd including Maggie the Monkey.

ScreenHunter_1editfirstround.jpg

I agree with Mckenzie's :up:

Hey, too late now. You gotta fess up all your picks before the series starts. Mine are posted earlier in the thread.:wink:

But yes, McKenzie is spot on so far this year. I think the monkey has been beating him over the past couple of years.:wink:

trevster2k said:

Hey, too late now. You gotta fess up all your picks before the series starts. Mine are posted earlier in the thread.:wink:

But yes, McKenzie is spot on so far this year. I think the monkey has been beating him over the past couple of years.:wink:

haha, you're right - I probably wouldn't have chosen Tampa Bay prior to the playoffs.

But I did say Ottawa would take it, unlike the rest of you here! :wink:

But I did say Ottawa would take it, unlike the rest of you here! :wink:

Yes, I will give you that one. :up:

I would be happy with 6 out of 8 picks.

Back
Top Bottom