The 2007 FIA Formula 1 World Championship thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
So we've got a new season of Formula 1 racing ahead of us, with a lot of question marks. Will Fisichella be able to take the leadership roll and help keep Renault in the title fight this year? Will Kimi be able to turn in a solid season at venerable Ferrari? Will this be the year of McLaren's resurgence as Fernando Alonso lines up alongside sensation Lewis Hamilton?

2007 Driver Line-uphttp://www.newsonf1.com/2007/lineup.htmhttp://www.newsonf1.com/2007/lineup.htm
2007 Schedulehttp://www.newsonf1.com/2007/sched.htmhttp://www.newsonf1.com/2007/sched.htm

Photos of the new Renault machine - with a new title sponsor after the departure of Mild Seven

renaultr2742lm.jpg

Ferrari's 2007 entry

medium3584677201e7bf0861cv.jpg

McLaren's devil-horned car, with a (hopefully!) more reliable engine compared to last year....

2007launchmclarens0046um.jpg

BMW Sauber's car looks much like last year's

2mq22ko.jpg

Honda's 2007 car launched yestarday with no sponsorship livery on it yet, but you can see the car shape with all its aerodynamic flourishes.

hondara10710xz.jpg

hondara10735kd.jpg

I switched off from F1 after getting bored with the predictable Schumacher/Ferrari domination. What's changed over the last 5 years in the sport? Should I start watching it again?

GREAT looking cars!

I will be purchasing a few US Grand Prix tickets shortly...going with a co-worker from Sweden and his family.

BonoManiac said:
Hey Mike aren't you just thrilled that Jacques Villeneuve has moved back to Montreal?:drool:

I know I'll be hanging out in Westmount more often! :wink:
Haha, ah Jacques our lovable loser. I still remember the race that decided his world championship victory - seems so long ago now.
zoney! said:
GREAT looking cars!

I will be purchasing a few US Grand Prix tickets shortly...going with a co-worker from Sweden and his family.
That's awesome! I attended the Canadian GP last year and I think I'll go this year again, even if it's general admission tix again. 90$ for a three day pass ain't bad.

New Red Bull Racing car - designed by ex-McLaren luminary Adrian Newey....

409122zg0.jpg

adrball said:
I switched off from F1 after getting bored with the predictable Schumacher/Ferrari domination. What's changed over the last 5 years in the sport? Should I start watching it again?

You missed a lot, at least one terrible year for Ferrari and one dramatic year for Renault and Ferrari :lol:
If you wanted to start watching it again, I think 2007 would be perfect. the reigning champion goes to McLaren, Kimi goes to Ferrari, and some interesting newbies.

I'm so excited!

Canadiens1160 said:
Photos of the new Renault machine - with a new title sponsor after the departure of Mild Seven

renaultr2742lm.jpg

Is that just me or is the Renault livery looks bloody terrible? :eyebrow: It looks even worse when viewed in front... :ohmy:

Williams has launched their 2007 contender with new sponsors AT&T and Lenovo

410142rm3.jpg

410152gh4.jpg

410172xn0.jpg

Well it is going to be interesting and even a little sad without Schuey this year (and I am one of his haters), but it is shaping up to be a great year. Personally what I would really like is to see Fisi win the championship this year, with Mark Webber and Coulthard pushing for consistent podiums.

Spyker is a Dutch car company, usually making cars like these. They've made a deal with Ferrari, who's going to deliver the engines, and they've hired Mike Gascoyne to be their chief engineer. I'm aching to see how they're going to perform. :up:

DrTeeth said:
Spyker is a Dutch car company, usually making cars like these. They've made a deal with Ferrari, who's going to deliver the engines, and they've hired Mike Gascoyne to be their chief engineer. I'm aching to see how they're going to perform. :up:

Hmm...:hmm:

I was wondering where Gascoyne was going to go. He spends two seconds at Toyota and then left...

Well, let's hope Spyker do well. Wouldn't it be great if all 11 (?) teams had equal chances of winning a race, a la A1?

Somehow I don't think that is possible..

I think we'll always have a couple of teams that are more dominant and other teams that will stay in the back of the field.. Unless some really big changes are made in F1.

But if Spyker really is as great as everyone here in Holland thinks they are they might have a chance in the future.. After a couple of years of making mistakes and learning the hard way.

By the way did anyone take a look at the new Red Bull car and the new Scuderia Torro Rosso car.. Kinda look alike hey :wink:

I wonder why hehehe.....

There's a storm brewing - Frank Williams might be challenging the legality of customer cars like Torro Rosso at the first race of the season.

In other F1 buzz, it appears we're going to get a night race at a track in China or Japan in the next few years.

^ China has Shanghai, and Japan has Suzuka, don't they?

Man, old Webbs is still pouring his emotions over Williams. The past five F1 articles in the paper have been about Webber bashing his old team.

Canadiens1160 said:
I wonder why hehehe.....

There's a storm brewing - Frank Williams might be challenging the legality of customer cars like Torro Rosso at the first race of the season.

In other F1 buzz, it appears we're going to get a night race at a track in China or Japan in the next few years.

Williams protesting.. Wanna see what's gonna happen there:hmm:

Night races sound pretty interesting too.. If there in Asia then that would mean that I wouldn 't have to get up so early to watch the race live..

Canadiens1160 said:
I wonder why hehehe.....

Because smaller grids are better for F1? How stupid.

Customers cars will be totally legal next year right?

Do you hear us coming Lord? :sad:

Sorry, just listening to ZooTV's One. Inappropriate I know, but good song. Ahem.

Now, no real news since I last posted, just Ferrari dominating in Bahrian. I now Massa with a similar passion as I did Schuey.

OMG, guess what they're showing on Saturday? V8s on a Saturday, AND And Now For Something Completey Different! Yes!

Go Webber.

Oh, and if anyone cares Honda has unveiled their 2007 livery after a month of people not caring. They're doing this "We are the world" kind of thing and using the F1 team to promote their environment-friendly image.

www.myearthdream.com

They CAN'T be the cars they are racing in, are they? They looking fucking horrible. How either of Button or Barrichello are going to be able to climb into the car without vomiting is beyond me.

Go Webber.

Back
Top Bottom