The 2007 FIA Formula 1 World Championship thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A win for Ferrari and this time for Kimi. Hamilton still on the podium(but not as the winner this time) and Alonso was fighting but he didn't get very far.

1 K. Raikkonen
2 F. Massa
3 L. Hamilton
4 R. Kubica
5 N. Heidfeld
6 G. Fisichella
7 F. Alonso
8 J. Button

I can't believe what happened during that pitstop with Spyker. Albers made a stupid mistake, driving away before he got permission to. I guess he was just frustrated by Sutil or something. :huh:

BonoManiac said:
(2am Hongcouver time)

:lol:

I prefer Vansterdam but Hongcouver is probably more fitting...lol.

Well I definitely put F1 on the back burner to watch the Concert for Diana. I thought the power of F1 would take me over but as soon as I started watching the concert I was hooked. What a show.

The race was pretty boring and I didn't even watch the last 10 laps. Hammy gets another podium though....amazing!

Arrows were pretty awesome. Their later years livery was good, and I think they one a race with Damon Hill in 97.

But they were no Tyrrell :drool: Six-wheeled cars :drool:

Hill almost won in 97 but came second at the Hungarian GP due to car problems. He qualified P3 and was leading but his sick car slowed him down and JV passed him for the win. Amazing effort though.

Hill won with Jordan the following year. God I miss F1 in the 90s.

Silverstone Practice 1

1 L. Hamilton McLaren 1:21.100
2 K. Räikkönen Ferrari 1:21.211
3 F. Massa Ferrari 1:21.285
4 F. Alonso McLaren 1:21.675
5 N. Rosberg Williams 1:22.006

Practice 2

1 K. Räikkönen Ferrari 1:20.639
2 F. Massa Ferrari 1:21.138
3 R. Schumacher Toyota 1:21.381
4 L. Hamilton McLaren 1:21.381
5 J. Trulli Toyota 1:21.467
6 F. Alonso McLaren 1:21.616

Hammy is out performing Alonso again which makes me happy. The Toyota's and Williams' are looking quite good for this weekend and not surprisingly the Renaults are half way down the grid in both Practices.

I love it when Hamdog beats Alonso. Puts a smile on my face. It's his first season, so it'll be a while yet (I hope) before he turns into a prick :wink:

Did y'all read about McLaren apparently getting stripped of points for some reason?

Bernie had said that driver's points won't be touched and I think that goes with Constructors points as well. McLaren has said that no information went into the design of their cars but who knows what will happen.

LOL, I've got a Brundle quote from the race today. After Kimi came out in front after the last stop they showed the Ferrari mechanics watching the tv, one of them was this really short Italian mechanic. You know the guy. Brundle said this laughing -

"The face on the little guy at the front, he's so excited!"

:up:

Although it would be nice to see a top six other than Alonso, Hamstring, Massa, Raikkonen, Heidfeld and Kubica once in a while. I'd like to see Hondas and Toyotas and Red Bulls popping up there.

That just illustrates why I thought the 03 season was the best season of this decade. Tons of winners (even Jordan got up) the winner of the championship scored only 93 points, it went down to the wire...

I just feel bad for Toyota. Ralf and his 20+ Million $ salary need to be fed into a food processor and reconstituted for lightweight aero parts. :up:

They've given them both enough chances I think. They had a good year I think it was 03 or 04. Time to move on.

I swear though, every veteran who was struggled for long time must HATE Hamstring. He's not even a season old and already he's more successful than say, Riccardo Patrese, the starts record holder!

Well it's official, the US GP has been taken off the calendar for next year. It's unfortunate but F1 in the States has always been inconsistent and frustrating. Other countries have not had as near as a problem with hosting F1. If they can't get their shit together than so be it. Give it to a country where F1 is popular.

BBC Last Updated: Thursday, 12 July 2007, 16:32 GMT 17:32 UK

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has ended speculation by revealing there will not be a 2008 US Grand Prix. He is keen to stage races in other areas, especially Asia, and said no other US venue was in line to replace Indianapolis, its home since 2000.

"We didn't reach an agreement. Let's see if we miss America," he said. Previously, Ecclestone had described America as "not vital" for F1 and said "there are bigger markets for us to be in other parts of the world."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6760617.stm

I would plan a trip to vegas

Slipstream said:
Well it's official, the US GP has been taken off the calendar for next year. It's unfortunate but F1 in the States has always been inconsistent and frustrating. Other countries have not had as near as a problem with hosting F1. If they can't get their shit together than so be it. Give it to a country where F1 is popular.

Inconsistent and frustrating? :confused: How could a sport explain a failure like the tire fiasco two years ago? In my mind, THAT is inconsistent and frustrating (pulling more than half of the field from the competition).

Get their shit together? Bernie needs to pull his head out of his ass. The USGP has drawn an estimated 125,000 a year - one of the best attended F1 races (according to AP figures).

The USGP IS a big event to the sponsors. It is really too bad Bernie is a stuck up P.O.S. No where in the world could an F1 see a race for the price that you could in Indy.

Here is the AP story...

F1 won't return to Indianapolis in 2008
size=1]Associated Press

Last update: July 12, 2007 – 1:00 PM[/size]

INDIANAPOLIS — Formula One's U.S. Grand Prix won't return to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway next year after officials failed to reach a new deal.

Speedway CEO Tony George said Thursday he and F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone agreed not to schedule the event for 2008. The only American-based race on the F1 schedule had been held at Indy the past eight years, drawing some of the biggest crowds on the circuit.

"After several discussions, Bernie Ecclestone and I were unable to agree how to keep Formula One in Indianapolis for the near term," George said in a statement. "However, we have agreed to leave the door open for a potential future date."

George, who scheduled a news conference later in the day, had set Thursday as the deadline for reaching an agreement to extend the contract with F1.

George met with Ecclestone last month during U.S. Grand Prix weekend in Indianapolis, and said he was confident a new deal would be reached.

But Ecclestone repeatedly said F1 did not need to race in the United States. He mentioned the possibility of moving the U.S. Grand Prix to New York or Las Vegas.

The 2.6-mile, 13-turn road course was built inside the speedway's famous oval to attract the F1 race.

Attendance figures are not released at Indianapolis, but estimates have been around 125,000 each of the past six years. The inaugural race in 2000 drew more than 200,000.

The event was marred in 2005 when 14 of the 20 drivers pulled off the track just before the start over concerns about the safety of the Michelin tires used by seven teams. Afterward, George refused to wave the checkered flag or join Michael Schumacher in the winner's circle.

Last year's negotiations to extend the deal dragged into August before the two sides agreed to a one-year deal. Speedway officials had said they wanted a more permanent solution this time.

Despite F1's absence, the speedway could still be the site of three races next year as track officials expect to announce with MotoGP, the international motorcycle racing series, next week.

Besides the Indianapolis 500, the speedway also is the site of NASCAR's Allstate 400 at the Brickyard on July 29.

Slipstream said:
It's not about where F1 is popular, it's about where the money is. Bernie will take this hole in the schedule and plug it with a race in another Middle Eastern or Asian country with enough cash to build a circuit quickly and promote a race.

The Indianapolis venue was pretty nice, but I guess they couldn't maintain the attendance figures over the run of the event at that track. They drew 220,000+ spectators at the first event, but that was down by half this year.

Adam'sbaby said:
yes this race was great with the rain and all!

And now finally Hamilton knows what it's like to have a bad weekend :wink:

:lol: He's actually bloody human!! Wat the f:censored:

Y'all watch out as old Webbsy wins next race.

WOWOWOWOWOW!

WHAT a race! This is why I love F1. Alonso knocking wheels after an extended duel with Massa, yess!

They had a heated exchange after the race as well .... http://youtube.com/watch?v=_5RGdrtwFOc

You know what, though? They say rain is the great equalizer, and the world champ shone on Sunday like no other driver.

Back
Top Bottom