The 2007 Emmys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Hopefully anything Heroes and Office-related will sweep tomorrow night.

Apparently there's going to be a rap battle between Dwight Schrute and Kanye West, which means I have to watch it even though Ryan "Peace Out" Seacrest is hosting.

I don't understand why "Heroes" is popular. I really don't. It's pure fantasy, and pure fantasy can be done and has been done much better than that.

I really hope that the new Battlestar Galactica faces some justice and wins for Outstanding Writing for a Dramatic Series for the incredible and politically-insightful "Occupation"/"Precipice". The series deserves this, especially after being overlooked for other amazing episodes and the best acting on TV! James Callis should have been nominated every single year he's been on the show, but lesser acting from other shows has been nominated instead. They still allow idiots to vote on these things! At least they got "Occupation"/"Precipice" right.
namkcuR said:
I don't understand why "Heroes" is popular. I really don't. It's pure fantasy, and pure fantasy can be done and has been done much better than that.
Agreed. It's been performed much better, too. It's a popularity contest. I don't think most of the voters have done their duty and watched the best shows out there.

namkcuR said:

I honestly have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

It's a Lebowski joke that was completely non sequitor. My bad. :wink:

But really, I love Heroes because it really is a comic book come to life. The way the characters were set up and developed and how the plot was delivered and woven between characters and their arcs was pure genius. It kept me wanting to see more and satisfied with every episode, which made me give up Lost halfway through Season 2... at least until the DVD hits.

Shows like Galactica and The Wire will never got nominated under the "send one episode, it better be a tearjerker" rule the Emmys have. It's ridiculous.

LemonMacPhisto said:

It's a Lebowski joke that was completely non sequitor. My bad. :wink:

But really, I love Heroes because it really is a comic book come to life. The way the characters were set up and developed and how the plot was delivered and woven between characters and their arcs was pure genius. It kept me wanting to see more and satisfied with every episode, which made me give up Lost halfway through Season 2... at least until the DVD hits.
We can both agree on the awesomeness of The Big Lebowski, except for those annoying hallucination scenes, which always bored me.... Lost's season finale was one of the best episodes the show's ever done, though, even if the first 2/3rds of the season were wasted on the love triangle and really boring backstories, except for the season premiere and any flashbacks to do with Juliet and Ben.

Last edited:
The first hallucination scene wasn't too good, but the second one... oh man, with the super-trippy First Edition song. It's classic.

I did end up seeing the Season 3 finale of Lost with Mama LMP and we both really liked it.

I bet The Sopranos will sweep every category though as a big farewell Emmy blowjob, which is ridiculous. The most deserving actor/actress/show should win, pure and simple.

I hope the Colbert Report wins this year. He's hilarious & has a great team of writers. I'd be happy if Stewart wins, but I think Colbert has earned it this year. I'd hate to see the Tony Bennett one-time special win. I hate when those things get nominated against shows that run nightly or weekly. Unfair :grumpy:

Lila64 said:
I hope the Colbert Report wins this year. He's hilarious & has a great team of writers. I'd be happy if Stewart wins, but I think Colbert has earned it this year. I'd hate to see the Tony Bennett one-time special win. I hate when those things get nominated against shows that run nightly or weekly. Unfair :grumpy:

Like Barry Manilow? :lol:

Why are Boston Legal or Two and Half Men even nominated for anything? I love Shatner and Ducky but give me a break, these shows are lametastic.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I bet The Sopranos will sweep every category though as a big farewell Emmy blowjob, which is ridiculous. The most deserving actor/actress/show should win, pure and simple.
Nice imagery! :)
I really hope Sopranos wins something other than best writing, though. My baby deserves it!

:lol: Colbert is a God. End of story. He must win tomorrow!!!

colbert-truthiness.jpg

LemonMacPhisto said:
Apparently there's going to be a rap battle between Dwight Schrute and Kanye West

:shocked: Not sure if I'll be able to tune in live, when it's happening, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it on youtube.

I really hope Rainn Wilson and Jenna Fischer win, at least one of them. Season 3 was completely their season. As long as Charlie Sheen doesn't win the Actor in a Comedy, I'm okay, that list is solid.

Season Three of The Office was pretty good, especially considering how easily they could have fucked it up after a Season Two which really can't be matched.

namkcuR said:

Star Wars?

Lord Of The Rings?

Star Trek?

So Heroes should not win an emmy because these shows/films were done better?

That makes sense how? 2 of the above are film franchises only, how that negates a TV show from winning an Emmy is confusing to me.

Should The Office not win for best comedy because MASH or Seinfeld were funnier?

Maybe The Sopranos should not win anything because the G-dfather or Goodfellas were done better?

If you dislike Heroes, you dislike Heroes, but this particular argument just holds no water to me.

^Agreed.

And like the Oscars, the Emmys should be taken with a grain of salt. They overlook LOADS of excellent shows and give way too many Emmys to people/shows who may have been deserving at one time, but COME ON. (see: Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, etc.)

That said, I never miss a big awards show. :drool:

^ Agreed.

When the best show on TV (in my opinion, of course), The Wire, does not get nominated for Best Drama, you sort of have to take the whole thing with a grain of salt.

If only someone could talk to Daniel Lanois, on behalf of interference, about how Bono and the band need to watch Battlestar Galactica. In order to save Earth. But, things like that just don't happen in real life.

If Jenna Fischer wins I will literally squeal with delight. :yes:

Or Rainn Wilson, if either of them win I'll be very happy.

And, as much as I love the sopranos, I really hope they don't win everything just for their last year. I think that happened with Sex and the City, and their last season was definitely not their best.

No spoken words said:
If only someone could talk to Daniel Lanois, on behalf of interference, about how Bono and the band need to watch Battlestar Galactica. In order to save Earth. But, things like that just don't happen in real life.

Bono's too busy watching the 4400

No spoken words said:

So Heroes should not win an emmy because these shows/films were done better?

That makes sense how? 2 of the above are film franchises only, how that negates a TV show from winning an Emmy is confusing to me.

Should The Office not win for best comedy because MASH or Seinfeld were funnier?

Maybe The Sopranos should not win anything because the G-dfather or Goodfellas were done better?

If you dislike Heroes, you dislike Heroes, but this particular argument just holds no water to me.

No, Heroes should not win an emmy because it is, imo, a poorly done fantasy.

BonoVoxSupaStar asked for some examples of what I think are better fantasies, so I gave her some. That's what you quoted. But that doesn't mean it has to be in that league to win an emmy. It just needs to be better than it is, imo.

namkcuR said:

No, Heroes should not win an emmy because it is, imo, a poorly done fantasy.

BonoVoxSupaStar asked for some examples of what I think are better fantasies, so I gave her some. That's what you quoted. But that doesn't mean it has to be in that league to win an emmy. It just needs to be better than it is, imo.

Makes sense.

I like Heroes but do not love it or think it deserves awards.

Back
Top Bottom