The 2006 World Junior Hockey Championship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As much as it pains me to say it, it looks like for once Canada isn't the favourite to win.

But of course, all those years that Canada actually WAS the favourite, they ended up losing, so hopefully that works in reverse.

Anyways, Canada v. Finland starts in about 20 minutes, and Norway v USA starts at 11 eastern tonight. So we'll see how it goes.

I've got my jersey on! :D

Yeah, our junior team is young and not as good as the teams we've had in the past. I think the Americans would have to be the favourites.

Of course, the Olympic teams are another matter entirely. :wink:

Wow, surprisingly enough, Switzerland is putting up much more of a fight against Canada right now than Finland ever did. It's 1-1 halfway through the first period.

Is it just me, or are the Swiss getting better at every level of hockey every year? I'm impressed by these Swiss teams. :applaud:

usa v canada at 7pm lets hope the refs let em play. to many bad calls. pp after pp holy crap. yep we have a very young team. its either gold or silver i would think. but silver is not what we expect in this country. so its always tough on the lads

:hyper:

boyd_77721.jpg

Where are you zoney?? :sexywink:

7ack 7ohnson deserves nothing but the worst.

that was a terrible cheap shot.

nice to see the refs finally let the guys play though.

yep thats crap, should have been chucked for the rest of the tourney. maybe well blow them out in the final & take revenge!!:madspit:

If it's a Canada-USA final, Johnson had better keep his head up all the time on the ice, that's all I can say. Thank god Downie is okay.

Finland wins bronze, woo - hoo! US goes home without medal, boo - hoo! Ah, karma!! This US junior team had very poor discipline and deserved to be in fourth place. Jack Johnson sucks eggs. If you're gonna stir up shit against your opponent, do it in the first period to throw them off their game, not with 15 seconds left in the third when you're down by 2.

GO CANADA GO!!!

CANADA WINS GOLD!!!!!!!! 5-0

Overachievers defeat Russians in action-packed game with one moment of controversy, Russians scored a goal which was not recognized when it was 2-0 Canada but these things happen in hockey, unfortunately it happened to the Russians.

Congrats Canada!!! Who'da thunk it before this tournament started.:applaud:

:dancing: :dance: :dancing: :dance:

Brent Sutter is an amazing coach for the Juniors.

Last edited:
now we can look forward to the big boys in feb....cant wait. imagine the team in 2010. we have so many great young players..WOW!!!

Back
Top Bottom